Just booked Sailabration cruise! So excited!!

bartzcrew

11 hours ago, bartzcrew said:

All booked for Pride out of Tampa, March 5/2022, Aft balcony as well!

Costa Maya and Grand Cayman will be new to us. 

Doing the 'I just booked another cruise' dance over here!! 

May I ask why you booked so far out? The longest we booked out was 10 months.  We usually book around 4 to 3 months.   Our current cruise was booked 6 weeks out.   

2 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

May I ask why you booked so far out? The longest we booked out was 10 months.  We usually book around 4 to 3 months.   Our current cruise was booked 6 weeks out.   

We always have 2 cruises booked, one for this year, one for next.  We'll book for 2022 in April right before we go on the Breeze, with the Horizon booked for April 2021. We like booking that far out, prices are usually low and we almost always get several price breaks as time goes on.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, MalleyCat said:

We always have 2 cruises booked, one for this year, one for next.  We'll book for 2022 in April right before we go on the Breeze, with the Horizon booked for April 2021. We like booking that far out, prices are usually low and we almost always get several price breaks as time goes on.

Got you, makes sense. Thanks 

3 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

As you can see by my signature, Im a planner, lol

Plus with the 50th, and we like to sail a certain room type, better to get in now. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Exciting to be sure but considering the old rule, the best cruise is the one I'm on right now, more exciting that you've got a little shorty coming up in a few weeks on Imagination. Enjoy!

Thanks, we booked that when our Panorama was over a year out. Needed something closer to look forward too!

• Like 1

Congrats!

In other news, I still have not gotten the "sailabration" email which annoys me considering that all of us canceled Mardis Gras passengers were supposed to get the first chance to book those cruises per the "cancellation" letter.   

1 hour ago, Eli_6 said:

Congrats!

In other news, I still have not gotten the "sailabration" email which annoys me considering that all of us canceled Mardis Gras passengers were supposed to get the first chance to book those cruises per the "cancellation" letter.   

That stinks about the email. That is the reason we jumped on this last night, I knew a lot of the Mardi Gras people were wanting to do these. 

17 hours ago, bartzcrew said:

All booked for Pride out of Tampa, March 5/2022, Aft balcony as well!

Costa Maya and Grand Cayman will be new to us. 

Doing the 'I just booked another cruise' dance over here!! 

Curious as to why you chose the Pride vs all the others?

Also, did you get a deck 4 aft balcony?

10 minutes ago, NightOne said:

Curious as to why you chose the Pride vs all the others?

Also, did you get a deck 4 aft balcony?

I choose that sailing for the itinerary. While we have done a few of those, 2 are new and I cant wait to go back to Mahogany Bay and Little French Key. 

I just didnt want a 7 day cruise with only 3 ports, but the Vista and the Mardi Gras were options. 

We are on 4, we had a choice of 4 or 7. 

Just now, bartzcrew said:

I choose that sailing for the itinerary. While we have done a few of those, 2 are new and I cant wait to go back to Mahogany Bay and Little French Key. 

I just didnt want a 7 day cruise with only 3 ports, but the Vista and the Mardi Gras were options. 

We are on 4, we had a choice of 4 or 7. 

OK, just curious. We were down to Mardis Gras vs Pride and the Western itinerary with more ports was actually less appealing to us but 8 days vs 7 and first time on Spirit class won out so we booked the Pride. Plus we are booked on Mardis Gras for this year.

You chose wisely on the deck. Deck 4 has covered (private) aft facing balconies lower to the water which I feel are much better. The center ones on deck 4 are cabins for 3 passengers or more otherwise we would have likely chose that spot. 🙂

2 minutes ago, NightOne said:

OK, just curious. We were down to Mardis Gras vs Pride and the Western itinerary with more ports was actually less appealing to us but 8 days vs 7 and first time on Spirit class won out so we booked the Pride. Plus we are booked on Mardis Gras for this year.

You chose wisely on the deck. Deck 4 has covered (private) aft facing balconies lower to the water which I feel are much better. The center ones on deck 4 are cabins for 3 passengers or more otherwise we would have likely chose that spot. 🙂

We are 4230 I think it is, one of the outside edge ones. We have the Panorama in Sept in an aft balcony but deck 2. Im sure we will miss the covering there for sure. 

The newer ships almost won out....just came down to, in essence, all the sea days. This is our first Spirit class ship as well. Are you on 4 as well?

3 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

Congrats!

I was on a canceled Mardi Gras cruise too and haven’t gotten diddly about this special event either. Sucks cause now what we wanted is gone. 

1 minute ago, bartzcrew said:

We are 4230 I think it is, one of the outside edge ones. We have the Panorama in Sept in an aft balcony but deck 2. Im sure we will miss the covering there for sure. 

The newer ships almost won out....just came down to, in essence, all the sea days. This is our first Spirit class ship as well. Are you on 4 as well?

I was very very close to choosing 4230 but we ending up going deck 6 with our friends. 

4232, 4241, and 4239 were available but not for only 2 people in the room or I would have went 4241 and had our friends get 4232. We tried but they won't budge this far out. 🙂

4230 is the one that has the connecting door to the Vista suite but it doesn't look like that is an issue. I think you are going to love it.

We have 2503 on our upcoming February 2021 Panorama cruise. It is a family harbor aft facing cove balcony and I'm really looking forward to it because it combines the 2 types of cabins I love most. (Coves and Aft-Facing)

1 minute ago, RRLLAL said:

I was on a canceled Mardi Gras cruise too and haven’t gotten diddly about this special event either. Sucks cause now what we wanted is gone. 

I was on the U.S. inaugural Mardis Gras cruise that was cancelled and did not get an e-mail yet either although I hear they are coming out very soon. (possibly the 15th or sooner)

I just found the Sailabration stuff by luck on the morning it was released.

4 minutes ago, NightOne said:

I was very very close to choosing 4230 but we ending up going deck 6 with our friends. 

4232, 4241, and 4239 were available but not for only 2 people in the room or I would have went 4241 and had our friends get 4232. We tried but they won't budge this far out. 🙂

4230 is the one that has the connecting door to the Vista suite but it doesn't look like that is an issue. I think you are going to love it.

We have 2503 on our upcoming February 2021 Panorama cruise. It is a family harbor aft facing cove balcony and I'm really looking forward to it because it combines the 2 types of cabins I love most. (Coves and Aft-Facing)

Thanks for the positive about our room, I appreciate it! Wonder why 4230 is only 2, but it has the couch same as 4232, 4241, and 4239. Thats interesting!

We are in 2480 on the Panorama. Cant wait for that one! The Imagination in a few weeks, was to buy time till the Panorama came. We even had to push it out due to my youngest graduating from boot camp around the time of our first one that was planned for end of Aug, so we had to push it back, and thankfully got the same room. 

21 minutes ago, NightOne said:

I was on the U.S. inaugural Mardis Gras cruise that was cancelled and did not get an e-mail yet either although I hear they are coming out very soon. (possibly the 15th or sooner)

I just found the Sailabration stuff by luck on the morning it was released.

what good is the email, which was supposed to give advance notice to those who had theirs canceled, if it’s already leaked out and cabins already taken. 

21 minutes ago, bartzcrew said:

Thanks for the positive about our room, I appreciate it! Wonder why 4230 is only 2, but it has the couch same as 4232, 4241, and 4239. Thats interesting!

We are in 2480 on the Panorama. Cant wait for that one! The Imagination in a few weeks, was to buy time till the Panorama came. We even had to push it out due to my youngest graduating from boot camp around the time of our first one that was planned for end of Aug, so we had to push it back, and thankfully got the same room. 

I debated those corner ones (2480 & 2495) on the Panorama since you get a slighter better balcony and view on the edges but I didn't like the way the rooms were laid out so I went for close to center as possible.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RRLLAL said:

what good is the email, which was supposed to give advance notice to those who had theirs canceled, if it’s already leaked out and cabins already taken. 

It is what it is. Not sure what else to tell you.