Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

Is the casino on the ship open while we are docked at CocoCay?  We are at CocoCay for 12 hours and not sure we would want to stay there that long so would like the option to go to the casino in the afternoon.  I know at other ports the casino is closed, but what about their private island?

 We are doing a B2B and go to CocoCay on both cruises so will definitely stay on the ship the second visit.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nada. On Mariner we left at 5pm and Casino opened at 5:15pm....

Edited by TYMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

Nada. On Mariner we left at 5pm and Casino opened at 5:15pm....

WOW...well that stinks.   We are using a casino comped cruise and would like to get some "time" in for our next cruise without having to stay up all night.  Just have to take a nap.....

Thanks for the info. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kskelley40 said:

WOW...well that stinks.   We are using a casino comped cruise and would like to get some "time" in for our next cruise without having to stay up all night.  Just have to take a nap.....

Thanks for the info. 

We've been to "old" CocoCay over twenty times and "new" CocoCay five times now and not once was the Casino open during that time. We're back again in two weeks. Trust me, as Prime, I would love the Casino to be open during that day. 🙂 At least a little earlier than normal time.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a four night cruise with two stops at Coco Cay. Our other stop was Nassau. The casino was only open In the evenings.  
 

The casino opened around 6:30 pm on embarkation day,  shortly after 5:00 Pm both days we were at Coco Cay  and after 7:00 pm the day we were at Nassau.  
 

There were some casino players on the ship who were not happy with the short hours as it made it difficult and crowded for them to get sufficient points.   Those who are Casino Prime  and above and can drink for free in the casino also could only get drinks during those evening hours when the casino was open. 
 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We had a four night cruise with two stops at Coco Cay. Our other stop was Nassau. The casino was only open In the evenings.  
 

The casino opened around 6:30 pm on embarkation day,  shortly after 5:00 Pm both days we were at Coco Cay  and after 7:00 pm the day we were at Nassau.  
 

There were some casino players on the ship who were not happy with the short hours as it made it difficult and crowded for them to get sufficient points.   Those who are Casino Prime  and above and can drink for free in the casino also could only get drinks during those evening hours when the casino was open. 
 

m

You would think that they would know that and not book a cruise with all those port days if having the casino open was a priority.  It’s not like the casino being closed on port days is something new. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TYMAN said:

We've been to "old" CocoCay over twenty times and "new" CocoCay five times now and not once was the Casino open during that time. We're back again in two weeks. Trust me, as Prime, I would love the Casino to be open during that day. 🙂 At least a little earlier than normal time.....

 

** I attached an online copy of the cruise compass for the enchantment for 2015 showing the casino hours.  on that one the slots and tables opened early as noted .. but the casino bar did not open till later **

 

I guess everyone has a different experience.  Prior to Last july.  The casino WAS ABSOLUTELY open for me on every sailing at coco cay. the slots and the casino bar opened around 9 am  and the tables around 2 pm.    However,  on my sailings late last year, and this year (three total)   The casino was indeed closed at coco cay until about 5 pm.  

 

I too (signature) with the casino like to gamble during the day.  The casino manager told me it was something to do with a disagreement with the bahamanian govt (not sure what the real story is).  Trust me, the casino has numbers to hit, if they could open it, believe you me, they would.

 

Hope they get it settled in the near future.

 

Wishing everyone happy sailings.

Edited by TheTruthCanHurt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheTruthCanHurt said:

 

I guess everyone has a different experience.  Prior to Last july.  The casino WAS ABSOLUTELY open for me on every sailing at coco cay. the slots and the casino bar opened around 9 am  and the tables around 2 pm.    However,  on my sailings late last year, and this year (three total)   The casino was indeed closed at coco cay until about 5 pm.  

 

I too (signature) with the casino like to gamble during the day.  The casino manager told me it was something to do with a disagreement with the bahamanian govt (not sure what the real story is).  Trust me, the casino has numbers to hit, if they could open it, believe you me, they would.

 

Hope they get it settled in the near future.

 

Wishing everyone happy sailings.

Looks like I spent more time at CocoCay than on the ship back then. 🙂 Either way, I still don't remember the casino being open at any time we were ported there....CocoLoco's? lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

Looks like I spent more time at CocoCay than on the ship back then. 🙂 Either way, I still don't remember the casino being open at any time we were ported there....CocoLoco's? lol!

We were on the Mariner out of Miami in April 2019. The pier at Coco Cay had just opened, but since the casino opened at 10 AM, we never made it off the ship. When we went back in July 2019 on the Navigator, the casino did not open until after we left Coco Cay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was on Mariner 3 night in October (Nassau/Coco Cay) and the casino was only open at night, going on Brilliance 4 night in 2 weeks and picked it because I live in Tampa and it has 2 sea days and the casino will be open all day. 🙂  If gambling is something that you like to do, pick itineraries with lots of sea days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You would think that they would know that and not book a cruise with all those port days if having the casino open was a priority.  It’s not like the casino being closed on port days is something new. 

We had this itinerary in December as well as January. When we booked, we had one stop at Coco Cay and a day at sea. It  was changed after final payment

 

m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We had this itinerary in December as well as January. When we booked, we had one stop at Coco Cay and a day at sea. It  was changed after final payment

 

m

That makes a difference.  Thanks for the update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there sailings staying 12 hours at Coco Cay?  12 seems too long for one day but two days of 6 hours sounds too short even if it's a sailing with 2 stops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...