Asia Sailings

I was reading an article this morning discussing how NCL has cancelled Spirit's sailings for the rest of the year.  I will be interested to see what Crystal does.  I realize they will be close to Singapore for dry dock before heading to the Middle East and Europe.  Symphony is scheduled to return to Asia later this year for December and Jan/Feb 2021 sailings.  In light of the issues and financial disruption over the past month, I suspect they will follow NCL's lead.  Any thoughts?

Chris

Edited by csto

We can only speculate about what other cruise lines, including Crystal will do about this situation, both the actual epidemic as well as the actual demand for cruises in the region.  Norwegian Spirit is a rather specialized ship that is (now exclusively?) based in China with a lot of their passengers coming from Chinese-speaking countries, and it makes a lot of sense that NCL had to make this decision.  I wonder what Princess is going to do with Sapphire Princess, which is also based in China at least half the year with a large Chinese-speaking clientele.

Psoque is correct that Norwegian Spirit is very different from most NCL ships given the market it serves.

Like most cruise lines  I expect Crystal to  be looking at not only the near term cruises  but those later in the year and into next year to determine if modifications to itinerary are necessary.  I am referring to stops in Asia.

Getting news on  the virus has been challenging.  I watched a good interview on Sky News this AM with the Director of the World Health Organization and for the purposes of my education found  it to be very helpful.

Keith

11 hours ago, Psoque said:

We can only speculate about what other cruise lines, including Crystal will do about this situation, both the actual epidemic as well as the actual demand for cruises in the region.  Norwegian Spirit is a rather specialized ship that is (now exclusively?) based in China with a lot of their passengers coming from Chinese-speaking countries, and it makes a lot of sense that NCL had to make this decision.  I wonder what Princess is going to do with Sapphire Princess, which is also based in China at least half the year with a large Chinese-speaking clientele.

Sapphire Princess is due in Australia late this year and will be homeported in Melbourne so maybe they'll just send her down earlier. Princess doesn't currently have a ship scheduled in Australia for a three month period in the May to August timeframe. Of course they might also keep Majestic Princess down under as well.