Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.
big al

Need good Tequila store...

Hi guys & gals- my wife & I are going on the NCL Joy in mid April and doing Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, and Mazatlan...we are looking to buy a few tequila brands pretty hard to find..any recommendations on stores in the port areas or in the local towns mentioned above? If it helps, the 2 brands are: Don Agustin, and La Cava by Don Agustin.. Thanks!

Big Al

The largest store in the Cabo area is called La Europea. They are "supposed" to carry over 100 brands of tequila. They do have a web site so you may be able to contact them ahead of time to make sure they have what you want in stock. Their current store is located in the Wal Mart shopping complex. Not walkable (several miles) but you could catch a cab there (to the Wal Mart). Cabs are expensive in Cabo so an alternative would be Uber. We've used them without issue just last year. But the Taxi Cartel is not happy so definitely don't try to catch an Uber near a cab stand or where there are a bunch of cabs standing by. Walk a block or two away from them. Uber will cost about 1/3 the price of a taxi. I'm guessing a taxi from the cruise ship tender area might cost as much as $20 (or more) to the Wal Mart (each way). If you do get an Uber to the Wal Mart, you could ask them to wait for you or find out the safest place to catch a return Uber.

34 minutes ago, SDPadreFan said:

The largest store in the Cabo area is called La Europea. They are "supposed" to carry over 100 brands of tequila. They do have a web site so you may be able to contact them ahead of time to make sure they have what you want in stock. Their current store is located in the Wal Mart shopping complex. Not walkable (several miles) but you could catch a cab there (to the Wal Mart). Cabs are expensive in Cabo so an alternative would be Uber. We've used them without issue just last year. But the Taxi Cartel is not happy so definitely don't try to catch an Uber near a cab stand or where there are a bunch of cabs standing by. Walk a block or two away from them. Uber will cost about 1/3 the price of a taxi. I'm guessing a taxi from the cruise ship tender area might cost as much as $20 (or more) to the Wal Mart (each way). If you do get an Uber to the Wal Mart, you could ask them to wait for you or find out the safest place to catch a return Uber.

Thank you!!! My wife is latina, so we should be fine with getting there...

Vinos America does carry Don Agustin, but there is no guarantee they would have it in stock the day you visit.  Vinos America is located in the old town area of Puerto Vallarta on Basilio Badillo near Insurgentes.

Hank

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

Vinos America does carry Don Agustin, but there is no guarantee they would have it in stock the day you visit.  Vinos America is located in the old town area of Puerto Vallarta on Basilio Badillo near Insurgentes.

Hank

Thanks, Hank!!

For Cabo san Lucas, I enjoyed my visit to Santos Distilados (+52 624 174 3458 https://maps.app.goo.gl/rPARkiAwmVdkYccC6) which had many tequilas and mezcals to try. I found a mezcal I really liked and brought a bottle home. Not cheap, but was an opportunity to try something completely new to me. 

Edited by chromatographer

2 hours ago, chromatographer said:

For Cabo san Lucas, I enjoyed my visit to Santos Distilados (+52 624 174 3458 https://maps.app.goo.gl/rPARkiAwmVdkYccC6) which had many tequilas and mezcals to try. I found a mezcal I really liked and brought a bottle home. Not cheap, but was an opportunity to try something completely new to me. 

Thank you....