Don't forget to include resident state!

Just now, PTAngel said:

I don't expect to ever see a discount for little old Delaware.  We're too little to be of any financial advantage to any cruise line.

Some times the residency discount applies to all states - you just have to put in there. Besides, like some other discounts, RCI doesn't check for it - you can put in any state.

Biker, who routinely checks residency discounts for various states.

34 minutes ago, molly361 said:

They are not discounts they are special prices which are lower than regular pricing

But again, why would you want to search for ONLY the cruises that offer special pricing / discounts? 

Just put in your state of residency and then choose the best OVERALL option, regardless of whether it was "special pricing" or regular pricing.  

Only 2-3 State Discounts out 25+ Cruises in last 4yrs, always looking/watching. But Military Discounts, been finding them pop up on about 1/3 my Cruises. Always watching my Bookings, prices/discounts daily.... Scored about $2000 total in savings on 4 existing Bookings last few weeks.

Edited by ONECRUISER

48 minutes ago, zebra36 said:

Being a frugal cruiser I always go through the "see if you qualify" process to check for residency, military and senior discounts. Lately have seen small adjustments for military on several cruises booked.

In past usually been offered closer to Sailing, last 2 Military Discounts were for $355 and over $600 at 5 and 9 months out. Few my Bookings I've scored 7-9 reductions by Final Payment. Many these have included Multiple discounts inc C&A(Balc & 340+ SOLO, plus Military

Edited by ONECRUISER

25 minutes ago, Rocket3D said:

Discounts are rare.... 'see if you qualify' is simply a 'data mining' technique that they can use for many reasons such as advertising to certain demographic groups.

Good for you if you see a price change.

Never seen/Used those(See if Qual) Been Cruising Royal over 32yrs, Just watch pricing and for Discounts among dozens longer Cruises. Do my own footwork. Now with the Corona haven't seen some these Cruise prices since the months after 9/11. Back then got one 5nite Cruise for $9(plus $50port), another $700 for 7n in Cat B in newest ship Explorer with no Single Supplement, even then ship sailed 85% capacity. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

But again, why would you want to search for ONLY the cruises that offer special pricing / discounts? 

Just put in your state of residency and then choose the best OVERALL option, regardless of whether it was "special pricing" or regular pricing.  

I choose my cruise and cabin and then look for discounts.  I don't look for discounts first.  The cruise I choose may or may not have discounts and at times the discounts appear later but before final payment.

13 hours ago, marci22 said:

Also if you call and the rep says 'I don't see a discount' make sure that they are putting in the resident state.

The ones I have spoken to have always included it, but being RC it's never been their thing to be consistent. I always have to let them know we are eligible for military and interline. I just wished those would always show up when we give them our C & A number.

@twins_to_alaska congrats on the discount.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, bigeagle12 said:

They charge NJ residents extra !!!  Just kidding.  See you are from OC.  My wife and I grew up in Linwood and Northfield and summers on the OC beach and boardwalk.  Could use a slice of Mack and Manco pizza !!!

Come on now...go with the new name, Manco and Manco!  I first went to OC in 1955 and as a couple, we started coming in the early 80s. We’ve owned our house since 2005 and made it our one and only home 2+ years ago, and I still call It Mack and Manco!  

• Like 1