Cococay Pricing

Cayman1

First off, I will say that it is beyond me RC charges different prices for "things" due to seasonality. The fact of the matter is, they have the same amount of guests year round, so this just doesn't work for me. Granted, just my opinion.

Secondly, they do not advertise or show the price brackets by season. Can't find it anywhere. This is a little odd. So we are looking into the Thrill Waterpark and it is $119 per person. Seriously? UGH

Looks like a great place but for 3 adults its over $300 to play on water slides... It bothers me even more as we booked this cruise strictly to go to Cococay.

RCI is like any business, they set prices based on what the market will support.  For our next cruise the water park is currently $131, which is higher than the price you are seeing. We recently did the water park (personally I think it is worth the money) so next cruise we plan to do something different there, but not sure what yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cayman1 said:

First off, I will say that it is beyond me RC charges different prices for "things" due to seasonality. The fact of the matter is, they have the same amount of guests year round, so this just doesn't work for me. Granted, just my opinion.

Secondly, they do not advertise or show the price brackets by season. Can't find it anywhere. This is a little odd. So we are looking into the Thrill Waterpark and it is $119 per person. Seriously? UGH

Looks like a great place but for 3 adults its over $300 to play on water slides... It bothers me even more as we booked this cruise strictly to go to Cococay.

The sailing before and after yours on the same ship could have completely different pricing.  Any price charts that you see will always be “from” and rarely do you ever see the lowest price. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cayman1 said:

The fact of the matter is, they have the same amount of guests year round, so this just doesn't work for me. Granted, just my opinion.

Not sure you are taking the whole picture into account.

1. I can neither confirm nor deny RCCL has the same amount of guests year round....obviously they try to fill their ships much as possible.

with that said what is known factually

2. The the total number of vessels that dock in cococay changes daily as well as the size of those vessels daily.  On Monday you may have a Radiance class, on Tuesday you may have two oasis class, on Wednesday one radiance, one oasis, one other class....so the number of people on the island is extremely dynamic on any single day and as the size of the crowd on the island grows, the demand for things also rises....but the available supply remains the same.

3. The demographic mix of passengers is also highly seasonal/dynamic.  In August, all the ships docked in one day might have 2000 kids on board who might want to do the water park, in October there might only be 200 kids on board with an interest in the water park.

Edited by dodgestang
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For me spending 120.00 on a water slide when you most likely have great water slides on the ship isnt worth it for me.     
You can do so many things for free on the island. 
on the HOS you have great slides.  My trick was heading back to the ship early b4 all the kids returned and hit all the slides on ship with no waiting.  And if you want to go back to the island catch a shuttle and your back in 5 minutes.   

also. I haven’t heard of 3 ships at the same time at the island.   But I could be wrong. 

14 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

also. I haven’t heard of 3 ships at the same time at the island.   But I could be wrong. 

Looking at the port schedule it appears first time in 2020 will be Nov 15...but I just did a quick skim....might be some sooner but starts to become common after

http://crew-center.com/perfect-day-coco-cay-bahamas-cruise-ships-schedule-2020

Edited by dodgestang

Just now, dodgestang said:

Looking at the port schedule there doesn't appear to be any planned for 2020....but it has been discussed as coming

Well there gonna have to do a lot of construction cause the current pier won’t fit 3 ships. 

6F1FB56F-1190-42E3-BDEE-9DBBACB83FCB.png

A68B183F-0152-49C8-98A7-31C12D094088.png

12 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

I did a ninja edit......they have 3 ships planned started in Nov....so if they are building a additional pier, using tenders, or just running them aground who knows....but it is documented 😉

That’s only 2 dates not every day.  Looked like 1 in nov. and 1 dec.  and looks like holiday weekends.  

I’d bet it’s a mistake or something  just to cover their a$$ 
plus everything you read on the internet is true and correct. Lol 

E105C856-1365-4617-8D49-7BFA914AB73C.png

Why is this turning into an argument?  😉  I never said they were dropping 3 ships a day every day.

Nov 15

Nov 29

Dec 27

All easily verifiable by looking on RCCL site since this is compiled based on the release sailing schedule.  Is it subject to change?  Yes.  Does it definitively respond to the assertion "I've never seen where they are planning 3 ship"?  Yes.  Does it answer HOW they are doing 3 ship?  No. 

RC wants to maximize the return on CocoCay.  I have seen numbers quoted that it can hold 10,000 people at a time...

Edited by dodgestang
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Cayman1 said:

My .02 is for a family to go to Great Wolf Lodge or similar instead of the waterpark if you have one close to where you live.  My 2 kids went and had a great time but they didn't pay for it so it was worth it to them, haha.  I got a cabana for $300 and it was great but I've heard they are also priced much much higher at times (not worth much more than $300 to me).  I think you'll still have a blast even if you don't go to the water park.

Edited by Nectarologist

3 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Why is this turning into an argument?  😉

Nov 15

Nov 30

Dec 27

All easily verifiable by looking on RCCL site since this is compiled based on the release sailing schedule.  Is it subject to change?  Yes.  Does it answer definitively respond to the assertion "I've never seen where they are planning 3 ship"?  Yes.  Does it answer HOW they are doing 3 ship?  No. 

RC wants to maximize the return on CocoCay.  I have seen numbers quoted that it can hold 10,000 people at a time...I'm not going to dig up support for that since an opinion has been expressed that showing one's work (so to speak) means nothing.  😉

Argument. Or discussion ?      Guess your arguing and I’m discussing.   
10,000 people are 2 ships.   6.5k on Harmony alone.  

will be interesting to see what they have up their sleeves.   

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/how-big-are-royal-caribbean-cruise-ships

That website seems more accurate than some but has also been off.  Lots of things could be rearranged by then even if intial ship itineraries have them there.  They aren't even putting two Oasis size ships on the island even tho they can dock easily, or Oasis/Anthem together.  I'd think they'd tackle that and test the island with 12k that way before doing 3 ships.

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

What is Coco Cay Beach Club?  Is it just a private beach area on the island?  Currently $79 on one of my cruises

Yes.  A private area with an upgraded restaurant, infinity pool, loungers, beach beds and some other things I believe.  I am sure someone on here will correct me or add in what I have left off 😁

6 minutes ago, MandyMooToo said:

Yes.  A private area with an upgraded restaurant, infinity pool, loungers, beach beds and some other things I believe.  I am sure someone on here will correct me or add in what I have left off 😁

Floating cabanas  😉 (additional costs involved ranging from $999 to $4000 🙂 🙂 🙂

Edited by dodgestang
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dodgestang said:

Not sure you are taking the whole picture into account.

1. I can neither confirm nor deny RCCL has the same amount of guests year round....obviously they try to fill their ships much as possible.

with that said what is known factually

2. The the total number of vessels that dock in cococay changes daily as well as the size of those vessels daily.  On Monday you may have a Radiance class, on Tuesday you may have two oasis class, on Wednesday one radiance, one oasis, one other class....so the number of people on the island is extremely dynamic on any single day and as the size of the crowd on the island grows, the demand for things also rises....but the available supply remains the same.

3. The demographic mix of passengers is also highly seasonal/dynamic.  In August, all the ships docked in one day might have 2000 kids on board who might want to do the water park, in October there might only be 200 kids on board with an interest in the water park.

I agree with point 3... but I am not buying the 1st and 2nd so much. But there again, that's my opinion. They know what day what ships will be there and the approx amount of people. But you make a very excellent point about the kids... because summer will have way more than February per say.

1 hour ago, dodgestang said:

Looking at the port schedule it appears first time in 2020 will be Nov 15...but I just did a quick skim....might be some sooner but starts to become common after

This site is wrong for our sailing. I saw that Mariner and Navigator will be there at the same time, but if you go check the dates on RC, their itineraries are opposite... Marine does Nassau then Cococay... while Navigator does Cococcay then Nassau. I am sure it is a descent guide though.

At the end of the day, it would just be nice to see something like January - March the price is "X" and March through July the price is "Y".

We booked this cruise just to fill in the gap between our last cruise and our cruise this summer. We were just trying to make it a cool weekend without costing a fortune as it was incremental. Now that we booked it, and saw the prices for the slides, it just put us in sticker shock. I blame YouTube where someone stated on their review that the package was $40. LOL Use the Zip Line in Labadee for example. Its pretty much $100 all the time. No surprises. So it struck me odd that it varies.

Regardless, we will have a great time and enjoy it... its just aggravating that the prices are not known up front. And it beats being at work!! 🙂

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

My guess would be that the third ship (smallest one)  will tender using the short part of the pier closest to land. 

If you recall, they initially tendered before the dock was fully completed, so I think you may be right if that's the case.

$119 isn’t that bad of a price for a water park. We paid $99pp  in Costa Maya and Atlantis is $199/139pp. 

We have paid for the waterpark at Coco Cay twice and I thought we got our money’s worth. We booked our first cruise specifically for the waterpark. There is plenty to do without going to the park. For my family I think it would have been hard to tell my kids we weren’t going on the slides though!