Legend

abbysam

Hi, I just booked yesterday for dh and I sailing March 2021. 2 at sea days and stopping in Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Belize and Roatan. Any good excursions to consider? Never been to any of these ports. Any info would be greatly appreciated

great ship, great ports!! So many things to consider!! Level of activity, ability, etc!! we Enjoy the port area in grand cayman, there's plenty to do at little cost, pool, beach etc!! If you go off to the right of the port, on the beach, there a place to rent Jet skis, our son and nephew did this, they had a blast!! If you walk up the beach area to the right of the beach, head up to Jacks'Shack, great food and fun!!  Margaritaville is right there, and you can use their pool or head right to the beach! Roatan is great shopping, and fantasic beach area! Never did any excursions there. Cozumel we've only done a little exploring, a short guide tour and then shopping, cocktails!!  Belize has some fantastic sights, I would book a carnival tour there, as it's Honduras (my opinion only) lol   So many people we've cruised with have had so much fun in Belize, on excursions, rain forest tours and many others! 

We've been on the legend twice, had a blast both times, for sure an older ship, but we love the size! 

if you go to the port area of this site, there's a ton of threads on what to do, it depends on what you're looking for!!

Have a blast!!!

13 minutes ago, BrezQ said:

great ship, great ports!! So many things to consider!! Level of activity, ability, etc!! we Enjoy the port area in grand cayman, there's plenty to do at little cost, pool, beach etc!! If you go off to the right of the port, on the beach, there a place to rent Jet skis, our son and nephew did this, they had a blast!! If you walk up the beach area to the right of the beach, head up to Jacks'Shack, great food and fun!!  Margaritaville is right there, and you can use their pool or head right to the beach! Roatan is great shopping, and fantasic beach area! Never did any excursions there. Cozumel we've only done a little exploring, a short guide tour and then shopping, cocktails!!  Belize has some fantastic sights, I would book a carnival tour there, as it's Honduras (my opinion only) lol   So many people we've cruised with have had so much fun in Belize, on excursions, rain forest tours and many others! 

We've been on the legend twice, had a blast both times, for sure an older ship, but we love the size! 

if you go to the port area of this site, there's a ton of threads on what to do, it depends on what you're looking for!!

Have a blast!!!

Thank you so much. I will definitely check out the port area

54 minutes ago, BrezQ said:

Have a blast!!!

I think you are confusing Grand Cayman with Grand Turk. 

17 hours ago, BrezQ said:

Have a blast!!!

Is there a Margaritaville and Jacks Shack on Grand Cayman or Cozumel? I thought this was in Grand Turk?

Roatan is a beautiful Island and private tours are pretty cheap.

IMHO the beach area at the port is nothing special and you would be missing out not seeing the real Roatan.

Check the Roatan board I'm sure you will find recommendations and pictures of this amazing island.

3 hours ago, Derbie said:

Is there a Margaritaville and Jacks Shack on Grand Cayman or Cozumel? I thought this was in Grand Turk?

Jack's Shack and Margaritaville are on at Grand Turk. In Cozumel, there is no Jack's Shack and there is no Margaritaville at Carnival's port. There is one at the RCL port (within walking distance of Carnival's port.) There may also be one in downtown.

21 hours ago, abbysam said:

Hi, I just booked yesterday for dh and I sailing March 2021. 2 at sea days and stopping in Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Belize and Roatan. Any good excursions to consider? Never been to any of these ports. Any info would be greatly appreciated

For Coz, Ruins at Tulum is unforgettable! But, it'll take most of the day, so yah won't see much of Coz. as mentioned, Chankanaab Park also a great destination. In GC, Stingray City is an absolute MUST!!! (and sampling all the free Tortuga Rumcake displays). In Roatan, no excursion needed if yah like the beach. Ride the chairlift over + back. Belize, IMO, a ships excursion is a must. Nothing really to do at the port + I don't recommend wandering far alone. If you miss the Ruins at Tulum, take the boat ride up the Wallace River to the ruins in Belize. Lots of wildlife + won't break the bank.

In Cozumel, Nachi-Cocom. Short cab ride to a beautiful beach. You can hang on the beach with chairs under Tiki style umbrellas Waiters serve cocktails that never empty. Huge pool and a hot tub next to the pool. Which is next to the bar where your bar tender pours lovely shots all day. And you're served lunch which is really good. $59 per person 16yr+ $45 for kids. Check it out on line. Enjoy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, idraconis said:

In Cozumel, Nachi-Cocom. Short cab ride to a beautiful beach. You can hang on the beach with chairs under Tiki style umbrellas Waiters serve cocktails that never empty. Huge pool and a hot tub next to the pool. Which is next to the bar where your bar tender pours lovely shots all day. And you're served lunch which is really good. $59 per person 16yr+ $45 for kids. Check it out on line. Enjoy

That's where we are going when we get to Cozumel. Can't hardly wait! Thanks for your positive comments! 👍

I agree with Stingray City in Grand Cayman.  Excellent excursion.  We have done it once (twice?) with Carnival and twice with Capt Marvin's.  I highly recommend Capt Marvin's.  

There was a Margaritaville in Grand Cayman, don't know if it is still there or not.  Not sure about Jacks Shack.