Disembark Miami - Fly out of Fort Lauderdale?

Hello,

We have a cruise booked in 2021 on Empress of the Seas which leaves and returns to Miami. The cruise ends on a Sunday and there is a very good flight out of the Fort Lauderdale airport which leaves at 12 noon. It's a direct flight straight to Toronto. I'm not sure how much time is required for check in which also depends on whether it's considered an international flight or not. We are very mobile but I think we will have too much baggage to self disembark so we would need to go through the terminal and retrieve our bags. Our cruise last October we were off Anthem by 8:30 and Empress is a much smaller ship.  I would be interested to hear if this is a reasonable amount of time as I'd like to purchase the flight while the price is low. I'd also like to hear any suggests about getting from the Miami cruise terminal to FLDAP as well.

Thanks

Go for it!  for a noon flight to Canada you need to be at FLL by about 10:00 or earlier.  The ride on a weekend from POM to FLL will take about 30+ minutes.  Grab a taxi (about $70+) or UberX for about $35+ after you clear customs/immigration.

I would say you probably have enough time.  The only thing that concerns me is that it is an international flight.  Like you, I'm not sure what the time allowance is necessary  there.  We used a car service, and for the life of me I can't remember the name, that took us from the airport to port, and back from port to airport.  Same driver and he texted us his location and ETA multiple times the morning of disembarkation.  If I can find the name, I will get back with those details.