Jump to content

Grand Princess - Suite Benefits


Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

It appears that Suite guests on Grand Princess do not have access to Lotus Spa Thermal Suite (per the brochure). Could someone please help me understand why that is?

 

Also, what benefits you enjoy the most for being a suite guest?

 

We are a family of 4 with 2 teens. We normally book 2 balcony staterooms. However, due to late planning, we have very limited options for ships, itinerary and cabins. For us staying in a nice stateroom is also part of the vacation time. So I am considering booking a suite for us instead of 2 balcony rooms.
 

I’d like to hear from you all about your love for the owner’s suite on Grand Princess. 
 

Thank you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

It's hard to go to a thermal spa if the ship doesn't have one(LOL)

I LOVE the suite breakfast in a quiet sit down restaurant as opposed to in the buffet or MDR.

Second that one plus club class dining is terrifiy

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

It's hard to go to a thermal spa if the ship doesn't have one(LOL)


LOL.  I need to not posting questions at midnight (so I have time to do some homework) 😁

 

Thank you for your feedback.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jsiegel said:

The Grand does not have a thermal spa, just steam rooms and sauna open to anyone. 


Thank you for kindly responding to my thermal suite question. 😊

Edited by botbien
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cruiserkenn said:

I like your Disney  castle picture, too.  Nice!

 
Thanks. That was 3 years ago. It rained (very hard with strong wind) 7/8 days we were there. Luckily, the rain stopped just in time for the firework. 

Edited by botbien
Link to post
Share on other sites

My favourite included perk was definitely the upscaled breakfast menu in the specialty restaurant. We had it in the Crown Grill, but sometimes it takes place in Sabatini. Suite also includes a mini bar setup, large fruit bowl, flowers, supersized umbrellas for rainy port days. Be sure to look through the complete list of perks on the Princess website to be sure you don't miss anything. Enjoy it ALL! Bon voyage 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Grand will host the specialty breakfast in the Crown Grill .. it comes with pretty much, anything you'd like to order (we were offered steak and eggs with advanced notice) as well as specialty coffees and mimosas.  The service is phenomenal.  

You will also be able to go to dinner in the Club Class section of the dining room.  Again, the service is wonderful and the menu is just 'better' than that in the MDR.  The head waiter will make a special dish and there is no wait to be seated.  For this alone, it is worth getting a full suite.  

Other perks:

You will get two points towards your captain's club status 

You will be escorted aboard (if you choose) and amongst the first group allowed to board

You will receive a couple of bottles of water per day as well as two small bottles of wine upon boarding as well as a complimentary mini bar set up 

On formal nights, they will bring some little goodies to your room (chocolate covered strawberries, honey roasted almonds, stuff like that)

You will have fresh flowers or an orchid plant in your stateroom 

Our suite on the Grand had a huge bathroom with double sinks, a shower and a separate jetted tub with bath salts .... ahhhh

You have priority in embarkation, choice of debarkation time with a special debarkation lounge with beverage and pastry service (OJ, coffee, tea, pastries)

You will receive a complimentary dinner on the first (maybe second night) of the sailing in a specialty restaurant

There are niceties in your room such as a sleep kit, shoe shine kit, etc.  

Special line for Suite and Elite passengers at guest services 

 

But, the best part of the suite is the dining opportunities .. no waiting and a little something extra provided as described above.  Well worth trying it out at least once!!  

Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite suite perks are the breakfast in the Crown Grill, free speciality dining the first night and having access to the dining room menu via room service.  I found the steam room on the Grand to be empty everty time I went to use it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 5:26 PM, CruzeQueen2 said:

My favourite included perk was definitely the upscaled breakfast menu in the specialty restaurant. We had it in the Crown Grill, but sometimes it takes place in Sabatini. Suite also includes a mini bar setup, large fruit bowl, flowers, supersized umbrellas for rainy port days. Be sure to look through the complete list of perks on the Princess website to be sure you don't miss anything. Enjoy it ALL! Bon voyage 😉


Thank you so much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 6:10 PM, Cruise Raider said:

The Grand will host the specialty breakfast in the Crown Grill .. it comes with pretty much, anything you'd like to order (we were offered steak and eggs with advanced notice) as well as specialty coffees and mimosas.  The service is phenomenal.  

You will also be able to go to dinner in the Club Class section of the dining room.  Again, the service is wonderful and the menu is just 'better' than that in the MDR.  The head waiter will make a special dish and there is no wait to be seated.  For this alone, it is worth getting a full suite.  

Other perks:

You will get two points towards your captain's club status 

You will be escorted aboard (if you choose) and amongst the first group allowed to board

You will receive a couple of bottles of water per day as well as two small bottles of wine upon boarding as well as a complimentary mini bar set up 

On formal nights, they will bring some little goodies to your room (chocolate covered strawberries, honey roasted almonds, stuff like that)

You will have fresh flowers or an orchid plant in your stateroom 

Our suite on the Grand had a huge bathroom with double sinks, a shower and a separate jetted tub with bath salts .... ahhhh

You have priority in embarkation, choice of debarkation time with a special debarkation lounge with beverage and pastry service (OJ, coffee, tea, pastries)

You will receive a complimentary dinner on the first (maybe second night) of the sailing in a specialty restaurant

There are niceties in your room such as a sleep kit, shoe shine kit, etc.  

Special line for Suite and Elite passengers at guest services 

 

But, the best part of the suite is the dining opportunities .. no waiting and a little something extra provided as described above.  Well worth trying it out at least once!!  


Thank you for a very detailed response. I appreciate very much. 
 

My concern is after this cruise my family will be addicted to a suite life. 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, botbien said:


Thank you for a very detailed response. I appreciate very much. 
 

My concern is after this cruise my family will be addicted to a suite life. 😊

 

That is certainly a valid concern!  😉 

We've only cruised in a full suite twice and then back to mostly oceanview staterooms afterwards and it is doable .. not easy but doable!!  The one thing I will miss about the Grand being in SF is the availability of those Window Suites.  They are the best cabins I've ever stayed in.  THE VERY BEST!! 

Oh, and I will miss the wonderful staff onboard that ship, too.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have sailed on the Grand Princess twice. First time 2014 to Mexico in a full suite and again to Mexico in 2018 balcony. I have sailed twice in a suite with Princess. Suites have great perks.. I would not pay retail for a suite. First time comp upgrade and second cheap upsell. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cruiserkenn said:

 It is hard to beat the nice room that you get with a suite, combined with the nice balcony (I like the deep balcony in D736), combined with room service from the dining room.  This combination in Alaska is wonderful.  I have it booked!

 

This is off topic a bit but, can I ask you if there were any negatives to D736?  I booked the premium balcony room right next door to it for Alaska.  I can't imagine it would be a bad room.... but, there is no info on that room here on CC.  I guess if it were awful, someone would have mentioned it by now.  😉

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We were in D736 r/t Hawaii in November and loved it.  The balcony is fully covered you get a view to the side as well as the back.  Our neighbors in D734 had no problems with their room.  We didn't hear any noise and no soot or vibration problems.  I would book it again in a heartbeat but full suites are usually a bit over our budget.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...