NCL Pearl...Coxen Hole or Mahogany Bay Dock?

Hi all......I just posted this in Roatan Honduras forum and thought I should put it here too. Trying to figure out excursions and we don't dock until 10am. I'd really like to book with Rony's tours but not sure if the timing will work...............Thanks.......Patti

50 minutes ago, jfarri4230 said:

You must also consider that there is a one hour time difference between local time in Roatan and ship time.  It does not usually work out in your favor, based on our many visits there by cruise ship

NCL generally changes ship time to match local time, so there is no difference. Its been that way all six times I have been to Roatan on NCL.

NCL always docks or tenders to Coxen Hole. Mahagony Bay is owned by Carnival Corporation.

Edited by zqvol

I am sorry to inform you that they do not.  Our spa time pick up was always an hour earlier than ship time.  We stopped doing that excursion because of it.  I haven't been there for a couple of years but will be there on the Dawn the first week of March.  Perhaps things have changed.

Also, our first visit to Mahogany Bay was when we were cruising on the Spirit.

Edited by jfarri4230
NCL and Mahogany Bay

Thanks to all. I guess it will be Coxen Hole, hopefully docked. So if ship time arrival is 10am, local time would be 1 hour earlier, so 9am. Maybe I can make the excursion I want after all. It's so hard to make plans. I am from the east coast, so Central America would be earlier...........thanks again......Patti

1 hour ago, pattycake1939 said:

Thanks to all. I guess it will be Coxen Hole, hopefully docked.

It will be Coxen Hole, and you will be docked. They've built a second pier there recently and it is usable. Lots of construction in the port area last month.

1 hour ago, pattycake1939 said:

Thanks to all. I guess it will be Coxen Hole, hopefully docked. So if ship time arrival is 10am, local time would be 1 hour earlier, so 9am. Maybe I can make the excursion I want after all. It's so hard to make plans. I am from the east coast, so Central America would be earlier...........thanks again......Patti

Honduras does not observe daylight saving time. If you are sailing from Florida before the time change it is likely  your ship will set clocks back one hour and local time in Roatan will be the same as ship time. If you sail after the time change next month Roatan will be two hours behind Florida. The ship will still change time back one hour but ship time will be one hour ahead of local time in Roatan.