Cruise Critic Community
tinkr2

medical ve annual

I am very confused looking at annual policies. I seem to be able to find them for about 180. But when I look at covering just my 2 week trip, it seems to be about 140. Am I missing some key differences between the two?

On 2/14/2020 at 1:10 PM, tinkr2 said:

I am very confused looking at annual policies. I seem to be able to find them for about 180. But when I look at covering just my 2 week trip, it seems to be about 140. Am I missing some key differences between the two?

Does the coverage for your two week trip include trip cancellation/interruption?  It appears the annual policies do not.  that might explain some of the costs.

On 2/14/2020 at 1:44 PM, InsureMyTrip said:

For a two-week trip, any thoughts on just getting a comprehensive travel insurance plan to cover a single trip?

I travel every single month. 2 weeks in March, bought no policy, piecemeal through airline and credit cards. For April, just purchased the cruise and was looking at insurance and trying to weigh an annual policy versus a single policy.

Hi @tinkr2,

For a cruise, we'd recommend going with a single-trip comprehensive plan. Cruising comes with unique situations that annual plans probably won't cover. For instance, you can find a cruise plan on our site that could cover you for itinerary change inconvenience, missed port of call or excursion reimbursement. Annual plans benefits often don't get that granular. 

An annual, multi-trip plan would be a great option for your regular travel, especially if you are using reward points from your loyalty programs or credit card. Most annual plans do not cover trip cancellation, travel delay or non-medical trip interruption. So regular travel (like your monthly trips) that you aren't worried about trip cancellation could fit nicely under an annual plan. 

When you are looking at the price of a plan, there are a few things that factor into the price of a plan - the age of the traveler(s), the destination, and the length of the trip. We break down the cost of travel insurance more on our site. It may help to understand the rates. 

Thank you for your inquiry!

InsureMyTrip