Wine glasses for cabin

JJean

Who should we ask for wine glasses. We asked the steward and he said we could get them from the bar. We did that a few times and then they said get it from your Steward, asked the front desk and they said call room service. Before we have always just picked up 2 from the bar.

1 hour ago, JJean said:

Who should we ask for wine glasses. We asked the steward and he said we could get them from the bar. We did that a few times and then they said get it from your Steward, asked the front desk and they said call room service. Before we have always just picked up 2 from the bar.

Ro

1 hour ago, JJean said:

Room Service will bring them to you along with a champagne bucket if you need it!

Getting them from a bar is another option, however.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, patch nine said:

We usually ask our room steward when he comes to introduce himself and we always receive them soon after

We do the same thing. He or she brings them soon after.  We also ask to have four of the drink glasses in the room. DW likes to have her Johnnie Gingers and I my Scotch on the rocks.

Happy Trails 🥃

2 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Stewart has enough to do.

This is a room service or bar thing. 

Correct.

2 minutes ago, BigWaveDave87 said:

We do the same thing. He or she brings them soon after.  We also ask to have four of the drink glasses in the room. DW likes to have her Johnnie Gingers and I my Scotch on the rocks.

Happy Trails 🥃

Steward is just going to contact RS.  Just call RS using the quick link button on your cabin phone, or pick up from most bars.  I get a water glass because they are shaped better for red win especially.  The std wine glass is too small.

There are usually a rack of wine glasses on the steward's cart to replace dirty ones in the staterooms.

The quickest way to get wine glasses after boarding is to politely ask for empty ones at a bar.

Please make note of the word politely.

1 minute ago, brisalta said:

There are usually a rack of wine glasses on the steward's cart to replace dirty ones in the staterooms.

The quickest way to get wine glasses after boarding is to politely ask for empty ones at a bar.

Please make note of the word politely.

Agreed. But don't go to the bar near the pool. I did that once when we had a cabin on that deck. They only have plastic glasses. Wine does not taste as good out of plastic. 😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

Agreed. But don't go to the bar near the pool. I did that once when we had a cabin on that deck. They only have plastic glasses. Wine does not taste as good out of plastic. 😁

Save the plastic glass for the 2nd bottle of wine. You will not notice the difference 😉

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Correct.

Steward is just going to contact RS.  Just call RS using the quick link button on your cabin phone, or pick up from most bars.  I get a water glass because they are shaped better for red win especially.  The std wine glass is too small.

The wine and water glasses (and the smaller bathroom glasses) are on the stewards carts. I just politely ask to have the wine and extra glasses when they get a chance. In doing this they will know what we need and keep the bar area stocked with new glasses as we use them. 

Happy Trails 🥃🍷

5 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Besides that those little plastic glasses don't hold very much.

You're better off getting a couple of water glasses at the buffet during dinner to bring to the DR the following night.

They hold about 1 1/2 times the typical Princess wine pour...just enough to get us through dinner without a refill.

I was on the Sky Princess in late January.  On the first day, I asked the room steward for two wine glasses.  He told me I could order them from Room Service.  Then, he brought us a glass of champagne (we were in a minisuite) and we decided to just use those for our wine.  That night, after turndown, the room steward had brought us two proper wine glasses.  

Edited by antmaril

8 hours ago, BigWaveDave87 said:

The wine ............ glasses ................................... are on the stewards carts.

Yes, could be, but not always.  Maybe they are stocking them more now.  I am just used to picking them up now as I like the larger ones.

We use a pre-typed up form to introduce ourselves (includes our names and cabin #). On it, I say that we would like two small wine glasses and that we will rinse them and put them away for the next day.  The note also mentions a request for distilled water, and that we only need ONE robe and stuff like that.

We end with a note of appreciation for how busy they are and that we will try to be model passengers. I don't know if THEY appreciate the "handout", it makes me feel like I am helping them a tiny bit.  We have always gotten our wine glasses by happy hour on boarding day.

9 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Agree!

Sometimes the steward just notices our wine in the cabin and glasses appear without asking for them. Other times we pick up a couple from a bar and take them to the cabin.  Sometimes the steward will provide clean wine glasses every day. Others don't provide glasses and remove the used ones from our cabin. To avoid having them disappear when the room is cleaned we have rinsed them and put them in a cupboard.

• Like 2