So where is Quantum of the Seas heading now??

Bader

6 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Quantum is now showing Manila as her next port.  Assuming she heads East after departing from Singapore,  it would apppear more likely that she is leaving Asia. 

Yes, I agree. 

My Royal App was saying this but I think it is a glitch.  A few moments later all the sailings appeared again.

5284CFEC-26C3-4797-8FFA-014ACF6F7168.png

Edited by Bader

On 3/5/2020 at 7:13 AM, geoff2802 said:

There she goes. Quantum is heading towards the Philippines at 16 knots.  Looks like a decision of some sort has been made.  

Maybe it's cheaper to dock the ship in the Philipines, also RCCL could use the oporunity to debark / embark crew members of which a significant number is from the Philipines.

I thought at some point that Quantum would be moved for the summer to Europe, possibly even to replace Explorer in Rome but given the changing cirumstances it looks more like Singapore is getting things back in control and Europe not at all.

Wonder what will happen in 2021.  Already changed two itineraries to do roundtrip Singapore instead of Singapore to Hong Kong and Hong Kong to Singapore.  NCL had pulled Spirit from Asia to go to Greece 4/15/20 to 11/2/20, now they cancelled all the Spirit Asian cruises in 2021 through 3/12/21.

9 hours ago, LXA350 said:

I thought at some point that Quantum would be moved for the summer to Europe, possibly even to replace Explorer in Rome but given the changing cirumstances it looks more like Singapore is getting things back in control and Europe not at all.

I have a feeling they don’t really know.  Things in Singapore are quieting down but not the surrounding areas.  Singapore just introduced a test at check points that can test anyone showing symptoms in between 3-6 hours.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid19-new-test-kits-swab-three-hours-12505658

Voyager is due in Singapore soon, Spectrum is doing a few free cruises in Australia (days at see only) for first responders of the wildfires and who knows if it goes back to Hong Kong and Shanghai after those.  The way everywhere else is surpassing Singapore and if China has it under control I could see Royal going back to plan. The problem becomes will ports let the ships in?  

4 hours ago, csnarpy said:

Voyager is due to be moved to Cali by Sept. At least that was the plan last week.

Who did you hear this from?  Royals site still has China and then Australian cruises listed.  

btw Quantum is docked in Manila waiting to clear customs.  The crew spent 23 days at sea!

7 hours ago, Sail n Snow said:

Who did you hear this from?  Royals site still has China and then Australian cruises listed.  

btw Quantum is docked in Manila waiting to clear customs.  The crew spent 23 days at sea!

A lot of days at sea, at least the crew was able to use aswell the public spaces of the ship given that no passengers were on

13 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I think that’s next year in LA .

They are selling the Australian next season October 2020 onwards.

I can’t really say but I do know that the Cali relocation is for this year now. 

but again until it’s official...

1 hour ago, csnarpy said:

Could you please share your source of this information? 

2 hours ago, csnarpy said:

That doesn’t add up ?

Like i said voyager is on sale in Australia for the coming season .

I think it could be quantum to America,it has bookings in Victoria Canada next year.

Quantum has some bookings in New Zealand I believe also.

Omg, listen,  I was just passing on info from someone in the know. 

Believe me or don’t, I don’t really give a crap. 

but I know this person and I’m 99% sure he knows..

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

That doesn’t add up ?

Like i said voyager is on sale in Australia for the coming season .

I think it could be quantum to America,it has bookings in Victoria Canada next year.

Quantum has some bookings in New Zealand I believe also.

4 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Could you please share your source of this information? 

I can not and it really isn’t a big deal.

but if a mod wants to reach out to me to verify, I’ll happily oblige. 

11 minutes ago, csnarpy said:

Omg, listen,  I was just passing on info from someone in the know. 

Believe me or don’t, I don’t really give a crap. 

but I know this person and I’m 99% sure he knows..

Thanks 

Quantum seems to be pretty much occupied in Asia for just over a year,I know she is moving out to Tokyo from Singapore at the end of March 2021,I haven't looked too much further than that as Royals plans for that period seem subject to alterations the moment

Edited by snaefell

11 hours ago, csnarpy said:

It would be nice if they let us here in Australia that are booked on it from Hong Kong in October know about this.

16 hours ago, csnarpy said:

No worries...it will be interesting to see if they change their minds though depending on how things play out on the west coast.  Also looks like Hawaii is trying to close their ports to cruise ships now. 

https://www.khon2.com/top-stories/state-official-asks-white-house-to-stop-cruise-ships-from-docking-in-hawaii-over-covid-19/

2 hours ago, wl2cruise said:

I checked the port schedule last week Quantum was not on there. keep in mind it says tentative. April 2020 She maybe coming to the west coast. maybe.

https://www.catalinachamber.com/community-information/catalina-cruise-ship-schedule/

So what does tentative actually mean?

I believe someone said quantum has the capability to hook up to shore power.

Getting back now to the subject matter of this thread, Quantum of the Seas is on the move again.  She has just left Manila bound for.....................Manila.  Looks like another cruise around in circles again.  She returns 12 March 2100hrs local time.