Cruise Critic Community
Babr

Fees to redeposit miles

Does cancellation coverage provide for the cost to redeposit miles as long as the cost is included in the total amount insured?

I have seen some policies with a line item mention of those fees. Do I have to buy a policy that specifically names redeposit fees for reimbursement or would any comprehensive policy cover it?

My airline charges $75 to $125 per person per ticket depending on the time frame for cancellation. If I had to cancel, I’d like to recover that money.

Hi @Babr,

You can do this one of two ways. First, you can purchase a policy that includes coverage for those fees - as you mentioned. Not all plans have that coverage, however. So your second option is to add those fees into your trip cost when purchasing a plan. This would help ensure that ANY plan you purchase would cover that fee, regardless if the plan specifically covered fees for redeposit of miles. 

Our customer care team can help you find the right plan, or you can search any certificate to see if the plan contains included coverage for that. 

-InsureMyTrip

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if all plans would cover it even if the cost was included in the total amount insured. After all, it isn’t a pre-paid non-refundable expense.

So true, it's not. But plans will cover incurred fees, especially if you add it to trip cost. Insurance sure is tricky - that's why we are here to help.