Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
masscruiser2010

Joining Serenity March 20 in Singapore?

We currently are scheduled to join the world cruise March 20 in Singapore.

Frankly, we are a bit concerned about flying to Singapore.

Singapore has been confirming a half dozen new cases of COVID-19 pretty much every day, and is now up to 70+ cases. 

We surely do not want to go to Singapore and find out Serenity will not -- either by its choice or Singapore's -- be allowed to dock and take on passengers on March 20.

I realize we are still almost five weeks out, but if anyone on board hears anything about the cruise segments from Singapore to Bombay, or Bombay to Rome, appreciate your passing the info on via this board.

Thanks (and still hoping to join you a month from now).  Meanwhile, enjoy New Zealand and Australia.

Should  I hear anything  while on board thru Sydney  will  let you know.  At this point in time have not heard anything with respect to changes to itinerary.

Keith

6 hours ago, masscruiser2010 said:

We currently are scheduled to join the world cruise March 20 in Singapore.

Frankly, we are a bit concerned about flying to Singapore.

Singapore has been confirming a half dozen new cases of COVID-19 pretty much every day, and is now up to 70+ cases. 

We surely do not want to go to Singapore and find out Serenity will not -- either by its choice or Singapore's -- be allowed to dock and take on passengers on March 20.

I realize we are still almost five weeks out, but if anyone on board hears anything about the cruise segments from Singapore to Bombay, or Bombay to Rome, appreciate your passing the info on via this board.

Thanks (and still hoping to join you a month from now).  Meanwhile, enjoy New Zealand and Australia.

I understand your concern - we are on March 16 Singapore/Singapore - at this point I'm not willing to change our flights a THIRD time so we're going to sit it out a bit longer - I realise we have until Feb 21 for a full FCC to be given, but previously we received notice we could notify Crystal within 3 days of the cruise? - does anyone know if the latter FCC would be the cruise amount minus port charges? - I'll get on to my TA tomorrow about this as well .....

1 hour ago, janisegn said:

I understand your concern - we are on March 16 Singapore/Singapore - at this point I'm not willing to change our flights a THIRD time so we're going to sit it out a bit longer - I realise we have until Feb 21 for a full FCC to be given, but previously we received notice we could notify Crystal within 3 days of the cruise? - does anyone know if the latter FCC would be the cruise amount minus port charges? - I'll get on to my TA tomorrow about this as well .....

Cruise fare never includes port charges.  They are separate.  If you chose an FCC refund, the port charges are refunded to the CC you paid with.

Edited by PaulMCO

10 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

Cruise fare never includes port charges.  They are separate.  If you chose an FCC refund, the port charges are refunded to the CC you paid with.

Paul thank you for your reply -

with all the different email notifications arriving I’m getting confused - first we were given until 3 days before departure to notify Crystal if we wanted to cancel for a 100% FCC - now we have until Feb 21 (our cruise is booked for March 16 out of Singapore) - we would really appreciate the extra time as we’re excited about this holiday but it’s getting stressful now .....

best wishes to all caught up in this mess! - I really feel for all involved .....

Janis

1 minute ago, janisegn said:

Paul thank you for your reply -

with all the different email notifications arriving I’m getting confused - first we were given until 3 days before departure to notify Crystal if we wanted to cancel for a 100% FCC - now we have until Feb 21 (our cruise is booked for March 16 out of Singapore) - we would really appreciate the extra time as we’re excited about this holiday but it’s getting stressful now .....

best wishes to all caught up in this mess! - I really feel for all involved .....

Janis

I do feel for you..  Our next cruise is in May on Oceania - leaving from Singapore!

Three of us are staying in Bali fir a few days and rejoining ship in Singapore ..since the ship booked the flight I would hope they knew what was up.