new Millennium cruises

cruising teacher80

On the Celebrity website I see that there are two 5 day cruises out of Seattle of the Millennium starting April 20th.  My question is do you think they will add more cruises earlier in the month? I saw an article saying they will have some cruises out of LA so we were really hoping there would be one around April 11 or 12 because that is the start of my spring break.   I just don't want to get my hopes up.  

Yes, there were two 5-day sailings and two 11-day Alaska sailings added for April and May out of Seattle. This is due to the ship being relocated from Asia. The ship is reportedly enroute to LA where it will homeport for short cruises for ~6 weeks before being relocated to Seattle to begin those earlier mentioned cruises.

The real question on my mind is... when will we see the LA itineraries be released? One of the cruise vloggers on youtube mentioned Celebrity Millennium will offer free 3/4/5-day cruises out of LA during March to first responders (Police, Fire Dept, Paramedics, etc). Will be interesting to see the itineraries. Perhaps some Catalina Island & Santa Barbara port stops followed by Ensenada before returning to LA.

• Like 1

Hi guys, I put a 24 hour hold on a 5 day Pacific Northwest for April 25 for a sky suite. The price is fantastic. We've never done a suite of any type before, so im super excited if we decide to go for it. 

Does anybody have any insights about this ship post-drydock? I can't seem to find any pictures or videos.  Any other info?

7 minutes ago, amypet said:

Hi guys, I put a 24 hour hold on a 5 day Pacific Northwest for April 25 for a sky suite. The price is fantastic. We've never done a suite of any type before, so im super excited if we decide to go for it. 

Does anybody have any insights about this ship post-drydock? I can't seem to find any pictures or videos.  Any other info?

Try this link.... you may have a lot of reading but it chronicles the Revolution and lost of pictures during and after revolution. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2020 at 6:10 PM, cruising teacher80 said:

On the Celebrity website I see that there are two 5 day cruises out of Seattle of the Millennium starting April 20th.  My question is do you think they will add more cruises earlier in the month? I saw an article saying they will have some cruises out of LA so we were really hoping there would be one around April 11 or 12 because that is the start of my spring break.   I just don't want to get my hopes up.  

Easy answer - NO.

Celebrity is offering a series of free cruises to first responders out of LA. Those cruises will be essentially be private cruises.

2 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Can you share how you know the cruises out of LA will be private cruises? 

I just disembarked a Celebrity sailing this week and there were various announcements that the Millennium and one other ship would be used for 'humanitarian efforts" for first responders and fire fighters, as a way for Celebrity to say thank you.  The announcements did not  include info on whether or not they would be private sailings, but they eluded to the fact that they were 'glad to give back' when the ship could not be used for the originally scheduled for-profit sailings.  We believed these would be chartered sailings and we were surprised to see ads selling these sailings in our emails yesterday..

Don't know about cruises out of LA, but it will be sailing out of Seattle on April 20, 25 and 30th at excellent balcony rates.  And on May 11, it does an 11 day Alaska cruise ending in Vancouver at $100 USD/person/day for all balcony categories up to AQ1.  Hurry, $1099 for an AQ1 is a special deal.

Edited by yvrdave
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, yvrdave said:

Don't know about cruises out of LA, but it will be sailing out of Seattle on April 20, 25 and 30th at excellent balcony rates.  And on May 11, it does an 11 day Alaska cruise ending in Vancouver at $100 USD/person/day for all balcony categories up to AQ1.  Hurry, $1099 for an AQ1 is a special deal.

Is there a way I can book these from the the UK, do you know if a U.S. agent has them? They are double the price on the UK website! Would of been nice if they had offered them to those of us on the cancelled Asia cruises! 

31 minutes ago, akowilm said:

I just disembarked a Celebrity sailing this week and there were various announcements that the Millennium and one other ship would be used for 'humanitarian efforts" for first responders and fire fighters, as a way for Celebrity to say thank you.  The announcements did not  include info on whether or not they would be private sailings, but they eluded to the fact that they were 'glad to give back' when the ship could not be used for the originally scheduled for-profit sailings.  We believed these would be chartered sailings and we were surprised to see ads selling these sailings in our emails yesterday..

I'm also curious if the LA sailings will be chartered solely for First Responders/Fire Fighters -or- be public cruises where those heroes sail complimentary while everyone else pays. ???

2 hours ago, Ack53 said:

Is there a way I can book these from the the UK, do you know if a U.S. agent has them? They are double the price on the UK website! Would of been nice if they had offered them to those of us on the cancelled Asia cruises! 

I agree with you that I think they should have offered them to those of us whose Asia cruises they cancelled first.....unfortunately I don’t think they even considered that which shows a real lack of concern for those of us who had their holiday of a lifetime taken away......  I’m very disappointed at the way they’ve handled it......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Can you share how you know the cruises out of LA will be private cruises? 

Celebrity and the LA Times said the cruises will be offered to first responders. Simply read the news. They are not being offered to the general public.

There is also an article on Cruise Critic and was on CNN, ABC Australia and distributed to other media.

Edited by az_tchr
Add more places article posted

4 hours ago, akowilm said:

Think you have things confused. Both in Australia and the US, Celebrity is offering free cruises to first responders. Celebrity is working with first responder organizations to select the people. These are not offered to the public. You cannot buy a cabin. It is a private cruise "charter" offered by Celebrity.

Follow this there are 3 cruises on Millenium out of Seattle that popped up on their website a few days ago. They started very cheap and priced similar to short cruises out of Florida. These are regular public cruises

Celebrity posted a list of upcoming "limited edition" sailings for sale off the west coast today on one of their social-media accounts (not the obvious one, the other one.)  5-night Pacific NW roundtrip out of Seattle on 4/20 and 4/25.  Also 11-night Alaska on 4/30 and 5/11.  Says you have to call 888-283-6879 to book and that they are not on celebrity.com.  And yes celebrity.com does take you to celebritycruises.com.  But they do show up on their website.  Interesting marketing ploy.  Why not just send an email?

Edited by summit011604

Seeing something strange on my bookings on Millennium April 30 bookings.    I was going it to check the price of drink packages and getting this -  Same for everything in cruise planner. -   Celebrity IT at it's best. 

BTW -  I checked our 4/15, 4/21 and 4/30 cruises and all of them work fine.

Sorry, we cannot reserve this right now.

Please try again onboard the ship.

image.png.5a864f748d47d66d234b8ed97ebfad78.png

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Seeing something strange on my bookings on Millennium April 30 bookings.    I was going it to check the price of drink packages and getting this -  Same for everything in cruise planner. -   Celebrity IT at it's best. 

BTW -  I checked our 4/15, 4/21 and 4/30 cruises and all of them work fine.

Sorry, we cannot reserve this right now.

Please try again onboard the ship.

image.png.5a864f748d47d66d234b8ed97ebfad78.png

Had to laugh. Wife and I have 2 rooms today for both upcoming cruises. All paid. A veranda and a suite. Wonder how long tell they figure it out. 

Also for a laugh - Captain's Club benefits are different on mobile site!

You have time to sort it out is the good thing.

6 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

Had to laugh. Wife and I have 2 rooms today for both upcoming cruises. All paid. A veranda and a suite. Wonder how long tell they figure it out. 

Also for a laugh - Captain's Club benefits are different on mobile site!

You have time to sort it out is the good thing.

I agree.   There is no rush and I'm sure if we need to book something I can always call in to do it.  

• Like 1

Jim_lain, I had the same experience trying to check for specialty dining for my 4/25 Pacific Northwest cruise. I can't seem to find a roll call for this sailing either. Never had this happen so close to a sail date. 

1 hour ago, amypet said:

Jim_lain, I had the same experience trying to check for specialty dining for my 4/25 Pacific Northwest cruise. I can't seem to find a roll call for this sailing either. Never had this happen so close to a sail date. 

Because these newly-created sailings just were opened last week, they are not yet in Cruise Critic’s roll-call database. 

Edited by BEAV

We grabbed the April 30 RT Seattle to Alaska.  A1 Aft cabin on deck 11 at a fantastic price!  Hoping that the cold weather will keep the noise down in the Sunset bar below us and the outdoor movie venue above us.

Thanks for the roll call information, Beav.  Will check again in a few days.  

Edited by BBsails