Recommendations for Solstice Sky Suite?

slewis7

My wife and I have cruised many times on Celebrity and other lines, but never in a Suite.  We are planning on making a 2022 booking for the Solstice within a few days and are strongly considering a Sky Suite cabin.  We are looking for recommendations on which deck and cabins to choose.  Thanks in advance for any advice!

Edited by slewis7

I’m also interested in this, have been reading reviews that some (or maybe all) of the S2 Sky suites on deck 12 are noisy, being just below the buffet restaurant, its putting me off a bit, S1 is not available then its big jump to the premium suites, so we may even go down a grade to Aqua if the S2 have issues with noise problems.

Any advice or experience for a quiet S2, Maybe the rooms furthers away from the AFT? As the bad noise reviews seem to be from suites closer to the AFT.

• Like 1

The "best" cabins are the aft corner ones unless you don't like being aft.  The ones under the buffet get various reports about noise (some people are more sensitive to it than others), mainly about hearing carts rolling above.  You can check the sticky about cabins that's pinned to the top of this board and get info on specific rooms.  From what people have said in the past, it seems the more forward you are on that deck, the less potential noise you'll hear because the cabins are under seating areas (basically cabins 2114-2117).  Study the deck plans for best results.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, slewis7 said:

My wife and I have cruised many times on Celebrity and other lines, but never in a Suite.  We are planning on making a 2022 booking for the Solstice within a few days and are strongly considering a Sky Suite cabin.  We are looking for recommendations on which deck and cabins to choose.  Thanks in advance for any advice!

We were in S1 9374 on Solstice for the Sydney to Honolulu cruise nearly three years ago. We loved it.  

• Like 2

Unless you want the aft, all other Sky Suites are on deck 12.  We have stayed in one of these and had little issues with noise.  There is also an overhang from the cafeteria.  This is great if you want shade on your balcony.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mick70 said:

We try to get 2114,2116,2118, 2115,2117 or 2119 . Never bothered by noise.

Those are deck 12 S2 cabins.  I will consider those if the corner S1s are not available (although the website indicates they are at the moment).

2 hours ago, slewis7 said:

I am strongly leaning towards one of the corner aft Sky Suites and am in fact considering one on deck 12.  Noise from the Oceanview overhead seems to be a bit of a concern, but not a huge one.

The corner aft S1s on deck 12 are by far our favorite Sky Suites.  The noise from the outside Oceanview cafe has never been a major issue for us, but we are early risers.  We like the overhang that provides needed shade and the extra window.  I recommend you grab it has soon as possible.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

The corner aft S1s on deck 12 are by far our favorite Sky Suites.  The noise from the outside Oceanview cafe has never been a major issue for us, but we are early risers.  We like the overhang that provides needed shade and the extra window.  I recommend you grab it has soon as possible.  

Unless anyone here talks me out of it, I plan on checking for that location Monday morning and booking it if available!

• Thanks 1