JiJi’s dinner menu choices

sandinmyshoes

I want to try JiJi’s for dinner one night on our Vista cruise.  My husband is not a very adventurous eater & doesn’t think he will like.  He does like going to Chinese buffets and PeiWei but usually gets the standard Sweet & Sour chicken or fried rice.  Any suggestions for what would be a safe bet for him to order?  He doesn’t do seafood.

They have fried rice. I had Kung Pao chicken. They have sweet and sour Shrimp but you said no seafood. Wonder if they’d give him some chicken without the Kung pao and some sweet and sour sauce.

here’s the menu

jijis.jpg

here are all the menus

https://saintgregtravel.com/menus

Edited by Saint Greg

7 hours ago, ober134 said:

Try JiJi for lunch... No upcharge. We also did dinner and it was quite different than lunch- a bit fancier.

They don’t have Jiji’s for lunch. You can eat in that restaurant during lunchtime, but what is served is Mongolian Wok, not Jiji’s. It’s two totally different things. So unfortunately if they try Mongolian Wok, it won’t be an indicator as to whether her husband will like Jiji’s. 

Edited by Cruising_Addict

Thanks everyone.  I had shown him the menu & that’s why he thought it might not appeal to him.  Any chance they have pictures to go with the entree descriptions?  Something like “pork belly” does sound a bit on the out there side but I’m guessing if he saw a picture and it looked better than what his imagination is telling him, he would be ok.

We ate there twice last week.  I am a vegetarian and they made me great food.  You just need to ask them for what you want.  I had sweet and sour vegetables one night and kung pow vegetables the other.  I am sure they would make him sweet and sour chicken if you ask.  They made me vegetable eggrolls and vegetable soup for appetizers - both were delicious.  We only ate at specialty restaurants on our cruise and all were extremely accommodating.  My husband loved the pork belly also (yes, bacon is pork belly, there's a sauce you can pour over it or not).

Fabby50 - for my upcoming Panorama Cruise, my plan is to mostly eat in the specialty restaurants (not a fan of eating in the MDR solo).  May I ask which ones were your favorites and why?  I am definitely a meat eater, but am open to trying new things.  My focus is more in the overall experience (service, presentation, quality, deliciousness)

thank you in advance. 

• 1 month later...

If anyone is wondering, we tried the Wok at JiJi's for lunch to get a feel for the place before spending money to dine there in the evening.  My food was good but my husband did not enjoy his choice.  Either way, the tables for two were so close together it was more like sitting at a communal table you shared with strangers.  No elegance or privacy at all unlike at Cucina so we decided to skip JiJi's for dinner.  I appreciate everyone who gave feedback!

51 minutes ago, sandinmyshoes said:

If anyone is wondering, we tried the Wok at JiJi's for lunch to get a feel for the place before spending money to dine there in the evening.  My food was good but my husband did not enjoy his choice.  Either way, the tables for two were so close together it was more like sitting at a communal table you shared with strangers.  No elegance or privacy at all unlike at Cucina so we decided to skip JiJi's for dinner.  I appreciate everyone who gave feedback!

I think that's a mistake. Mongolian Wok is nothing like what you get at JiJis. I've gone back twice since I last posted on this thread. I haven't had a bad meal there yet. I think it's the best specialty restaurant for the money at carnival. I never felt too close to another table there...and I am picky about that. Cucina is okay but I opted to eat at JiJi's twice and Teppanyaki twice before eating at Cucina once. 

Edited by Saint Greg