Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.
beach bunnie

Cancellation only

We have medical insurance that covers us outside the US and we have an annual evacuation policy.  We just need (want) cancellation insurance if something happens before the trip.  We can't find this.  Is it available?  Can you encourage agencies to have this type of policy?  Thanks.

On 2/16/2020 at 5:33 PM, beach bunnie said:

We have medical insurance that covers us outside the US and we have an annual evacuation policy.  We just need (want) cancellation insurance if something happens before the trip.  We can't find this.  Is it available?  Can you encourage agencies to have this type of policy?  Thanks.

Have you checked coverage thru your credit card?  Some provide what you seek.

Citi cards stopped this coverage some months ago, so I searched around and found a new card that still features this type of coverage.

Hi @beach bunnie,

Thank you for your question! From what you said, you are a very experienced and smart traveler. I understand why you'd be interested in a plan that only covers trip cancellation, however, as you said, we don't offer plans with only trip cancellation coverage.  Honestly, I'm unaware of any travel insurance company in the United States that currently provides a plan with only trip cancellation coverage. We will take the request into consideration and forward the thought over to our product team. 

Thank you!

InsureMyTrip

11 hours ago, thinfool said:

Have you checked coverage thru your credit card?  Some provide what you seek.

Citi cards stopped this coverage some months ago, so I searched around and found a new card that still features this type of coverage.

Thanks for this or I would not even have thought of it. I just checked my credit card and it has Travel Insurance. I will find out the details tomorrow but, from what I read, it will at least insure the airline tickets that I purchased with the credit card. 🙂