Riedel Comparative Wine Crystal Workshop

peter1956

After reading Scuba_Tom's excellent live blog I was interested in going on this. I had never heard of this before and today there is a magical new page on my booking called upgrades and this along with other treats are available.

Has anyone recently tried the Riedel Comparative Wine Crystal Workshop on the Solstice recently?

Was it worth it?

Do you still get the free wine glasses with it?

Thanks Peter.

My wife and I attended the Riedel workshop on the Solstice las fall.  It was fun to see the difference in how wine tasted in the different glasses.  The cost was $82 per person.  Each person gets a certificate for two Riedel glass of you choice.  You redeem the certificate on line from a fulfillment center.  There is a $25 dollar shipping/handling charge which brings the total cost for two glasses to $107 which is about the retail cost of the glasses but you had the enjoyment of the workshop.  Be careful with the glasses as they break easily.

I also attended it on the Solstice in the fall.  Loved it.  It was much more interesting than I expected.  Plus, of course, you get to drink a bunch of wine!   We got the glasses quickly after I ordered them upon my return, and I'm very pleased with them.

We did this on the Millenium in July. We were able to pay for just the workshop without getting the glasses (although they offered the glasses at a "discount"). There was just one other couple doing the tasting with us so we got very personal attention and we really enjoyed the experience. It really is amazing how different the wines taste in different glasses.

14 hours ago, JerseyGirlatHeart said:

We have done this several times.  The first time we both got the package that included glasses, the second time we just paid full price (with glasses) Around $85.00 for one and the other just did the workshop , think it was $20.00.

I did this in 2014 and the cost was $62 back then. Included 4 different Reidel glasses which I brought home with me. Through security and on a flight without breakage. The online cost of the tasting set in Canada was $150 plus tax so quite a bargain 

5 hours ago, louise1809 said:

We really enjoyed this, but, the time of the class was early! 10am. Our glasses are at the back of my cupboard, in case we break them when using (so we never use them) 😂

I use mine every day but am a big wine drinker. I each burgundy pinot noir chardonnay and sauvignon blanc.

On 2/17/2020 at 6:44 PM, peter1956 said:

Thanks for all the replies. 🙂

Looks like it is on the list of things to do.

We attended and wish you a great time.  We enjoyed it and have purchased a number of Riedel glasses to fill out our wine glass selection and to (unfortunately) replace a couple we have broken over the years.

1 hour ago, ChiGal1962 said:

Yep, enjoyed it quite a bit. But when I took it, you got 4 glasses. Tried to treat them pretty carefully and mine lasted quite a while (still have 1!). 

I broke only 1 in the last 6 years and it was just recently. If its offered on the Apex coming up I will take it again.  Does anyone know which variety of glasses are offered.  I think it was the vinum series back then