Celebrity Eclipse 8/30/20 Sky Suite location

Maxie Girl

Hi,  

We have only cruised a few times, never on Celebrity and never for 8 days.  It's our 20th Anniversary so I booked us in a Celebrity Sky Suite #2114 on Deck 12.  I just saw today that there are now Sky Suites available on Deck 11 and Deck 7 both Aft (far end of the ship).  I've read good things about having a suite at the end of the ship and I've read bad.  I'm just curious should I stay where we are already booked or look at changing our Sky Suite to one of the aft rooms that's available.

Thanks for the advice.

I've never been in either so I'll just offer an opinion based on deck plan.  I would seriously consider the aft on deck 7 or 11.  It is a longer walk anywhere, but that's not an issue to me.   Could also mean some vibration, but that should be easy to research on here (also never an issue for us on other ships). The main reason is that 2114 is below the Ocean Cafe and you could hear some noise from above.  Also the Sky Suites on deck 7 appear to be corner suites aft which should be nice view and might have a larger balcony (can't really tell), but appear to be a different layout.  Deck 11 seem to be a "normal" layout and I like aft view.  Also Deck 11 is higher so less chance of any vibration.  2114 is next to the angle of the "hump" so you will be looking forward to the balcony of 2112.  None of these are really issues at all, but just little things to look at. I assume someone who has actual experience in these cabins will answer.  You can also YouTube the cabins and get an idea if corner suites look better to you or not.  But just my thoughts.  I'm sure, either way, you'll have a great cruise. 

Edited by papaflamingo