A brief review for the nonagenarian demographic

sunsetsoon

Ms. Mary I am looking forward to your next review!

Or perhaps you could start a post in the "Float-away Lounge" section of CC and do some non-cruise reviews? I know I for one would love to hear about the DQ re-model.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 2/19/2020 at 6:25 AM, sunsetsoon said:

Hey guys. I'm back! I ran into a wall of After Cruise Fatique yesterday afternoon and have slept a lot since then. I woke up at 6:30 - panicked because I never sleep that late - rushed to the freezer to get my morning muffin, nuked it for 32 seconds and had eaten half of it before I figured out it was 6:30 in the evening. Scary stuff. 

It's now 5:19 AM in Fritch TX and I'm all calm and back on schedule. I won't be eating a muffin this morning for the obvious reason but I will return in a short time to tell you about too many bottles of water and maybe we will talk about pickles too.

First of all thank you so much for doing this.  You are hilarious I am really enjoying laughing out loud but this last post I can’t stop laughing. 

Aprille and Marty are so lucky to have you.  I think if everyone reading here saw you they would all be jumping and flailing our arms because we would also be happy to see you like Marty and Aprille were happy to see you on your arrival in NO.

You are truly a great inspiration and you are just like my mom who I lost last year and we cruised every year together. We were sisters too😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You guys have given me lots to think about. I truly did think this would be a brief review that would interest a few people but not a lot. I really wanted to write a brief review after my first NCL cruise on the Jade. I really, really wanted to write one after my second NCL cruise on the Bliss. I didn't because there seemed to be some hostility toward those considered to be "NCL cheerleaders" and those that sailed in the Haven - because so much space was being devoted to the Haven at the expense of non-Haven passengers. I'm so thankful there hasn't been a single negative post to my thread. I still have some memories of this cruise to share and will throw in a few back home stories too. And then what she wonders. But for now -

I got out and about today after staying home for 2 days. I wanted to check my home delivery mail box which is 2 blocks down and 1 street over. I had one piece of mail - Glenn is pre-qualified for a Capital One credit card. No problem getting on 136 - one car from the right and one car from the left and time for me jump in between them. I would like to tell you it was a bright, sunny day but actually it was a typical February day - cold and windy. I always wind up at Walmart so I wasn't surprised when that's where I wound up once again. Not one but two good things happened. I found 2 filet mignons that had been marked down because of the sell by date. I never buy them unless they are marked down. I bring them home and vacuum seal them for future enjoyment. I walked around as usual and ran into my personal hero, Phyllis. She is 91 years old and works 3 days a week at United Super Market. She presides over a tasting table every weekend. She knew I had been cruising so we talked about that briefly and then we talked about the weather. We agreed it was cold and windy. I tried to cheer her up by saying "but the sun is shining". She said "yeah, once in a while. It's been cold and windy all week". I patted her arm and said "now now don't let it ruin your va . . . . .day." It seemed to work. She was smiling when she walked away.

I'm thinking the guy that got Marty's shorts is probably in a bind. Oh gee, that was corny even for me.

I better go vacuum seal those steaks.

Later.

• Like 14
  • Haha 5

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have been laughing out loud and reading parts to my husband. Reminds me of my grandmother and what fun we used to have on girls-only grandma, mom, sisters trips. You made me remember some of our great adventures.

As to the sisters comments. When traveling with my mom and two sisters we are often mistaken for sisters. Makes my mom feel really good...

"I'm thinking the guy that got Marty's shorts is probably in a bind. Oh gee, that was corny even for me."

Well...I must like corny, because I laughed till I had tears rolling down my cheeks...the cheeks below my eyes!?!

Thank you so much for your honest humor and totally delightful personality!!

I think your name should be changed to "SunshineNow", instead of SunsetSoon.  

However, I am still waiting to hear about those pickles....nudge, nudge. 🤩

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ncklhaus said:

Thank you for writing this! I've been enjoying every post. 

If I read correctly, in 30 minutes (New York time) it will be Aprille's birthday. Happy Birthday Aprille!

I think I was born around 4:00 or 4:30am central time (Dallas). Maybe my mom remembers better than me. As she should! LOL! So we're still a few hours away but thank you for the birthday wishes.

I'm going to try to get her set up on a blog soon. Musings of a Nonagenarian. Or whatever she wants to call it.

I'm checking out cruises and leaning towards the Mexican Riveria cruises on the Bliss once the 2021 dates become available. 

Edited by Aprille
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, Aprille said:

I think I was born around 4:00 or 4:30am central time (Dallas). Maybe my mom remembers better than me. As she should! LOL! So we're still a few hours away but thank you for the birthday wishes.

You were indeed born at 4 AM on Feb. 22, 1958. It happened in Methodist Hospital In Dallas, Texas and the doctor's name was Crutcher. What I DON'T remember is saying "that's the ugliest thing I ever saw" when the nurse stuck you in my face. Your father told me this and the nurse seemed happy to confirm it. In my defense, giving birth can make a woman cranky. You were certainly not ugly - you were perfect. Happy birthday beautiful daughter.

I'm going to try to get her set up on a blog soon. Musings of a Nonagenarian. Or whatever she wants to call it.

Unsure about this.

I'm checking out cruises and leaning towards the Mexican Riveria cruises on the Bliss once the 2021 dates become available. 

Just tell me where and when.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

Happy birthday, Aprille! My mom used to wonder why the offspring got the special day when it was the mom who did all the work!

Please do set up a blog for Ms Mary, or at least a Facebook page (I bet she’d have a ball on Twitter). Anywho, I’ll definitely subscribe, or friend or follow!

Your mom puts me in mind of some Texas humor writers like Leon Hale.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1

Ms. Mary, I scrolled past your review several times before clicking on it when it was still only one or two pages long. I’m so glad I did.  Thank you for your very enjoyable reflections.  I love your sense of humor, and I will try not to let anything ruin my vacation.

Thanks Ms Mary!! Wonderful review I hope I'm lucky enough to run into you on a future cruise.

Happy Birthday Aprille!!

Ms Mary curious of all your sailings do you have a favorite ship? Mine is the Jade

Edited by njkate

54 minutes ago, njkate said:

Thanks Ms Mary!! Wonderful review I hope I'm lucky enough to run into you on a future cruise.

Happy Birthday Aprille!!

Ms Mary curious of all your sailings do you have a favorite ship? Mine is the Jade

Mine is Bliss. I would also like to sail on Encore. I really like the big ships the best.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Aprille said:

That is one we are looking at also. Have a list of ...eight to pick from.  Here's wishing you a Happy Birthday Aprille.

3 hours ago, sunsetsoon said:

Mine is Bliss. I would also like to sail on Encore. I really like the big ships the best.

Mine is the Bliss also.  Lots of people watching on those big girls!  And love that observation lounge.  We'll see how Encore stacks up to Bliss in a few weeks. 

19 hours ago, vswan said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have been laughing out loud and reading parts to my husband. Reminds me of my grandmother and what fun we used to have on girls-only grandma, mom, sisters trips. You made me remember some of our great adventures.

As to the sisters comments. When traveling with my mom and two sisters we are often mistaken for sisters. Makes my mom feel really good...

Much nicer than when a Doctor asked if my sister (10 yr older) was my mother. Poor girl.

4 hours ago, sunsetsoon said:

You have much more "chutzpah" than we do.   Sailed on the Breakaway a few years back--too big for us--too many people.  But you are way more laid back than us....we are uptight "septuagenarians"...LOL.

Wishing Aprille a very happy birthday!