Cruise Critic Community
MMDown Under

Amsterdam was able to tender passengers in to Easter Island

Amsterdam passengers, on the World Cruise, got in to Easter Island on tenders.  Many ships miss Easter Island, so passengers will be very happy. 

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Amsterdam passengers, on the World Cruise, got in to Easter Island on tenders.  Many ships miss Easter Island, so passengers will be very happy. 

I hope we will be as lucky next January when we are due to visit for two days.

20 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

I hope we will be as lucky next January when we are due to visit for two days.

Staying two days should increase your odds.  What ship will you be cruising on?

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

Staying two days should increase your odds.  What ship will you be cruising on?

We're on Seabourn Sojourn Miami to Papeete which is the first segment of the 2021 World cruise. My husband has wanted to wanted to do the Panama Canal for awhile and for me Easter Island so hopefully we both get what we want. But if I don't get to see Easter Island I will enjoy the ship.

Julie

2 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

We're on Seabourn Sojourn Miami to Papeete which is the first segment of the 2021 World cruise. My husband has wanted to wanted to do the Panama Canal for awhile and for me Easter Island so hopefully we both get what we want. But if I don't get to see Easter Island I will enjoy the ship.

Julie

How many passengers on Seabourn Sojourn?  Should be a great cruise. You'll definitely see Easter Island.  I just hope you get to land to enjoy the island.  From memory, Inside Cabin world cruisers recommended the first segment of a world cruise is the best, after joining on the west coast USA one year.  

There are just 450 passengers on Sojourn. We know a few who will be onboard so it will be nice to catch up.

It will be interesting the contrast as this year we are doing the last segment on Sojourn's world cruise and next year the first segment.  We will know people on the last segment this year so it should be fine.

Julie

22 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

There are just 450 passengers on Sojourn. We know a few who will be onboard so it will be nice to catch up.

It will be interesting the contrast as this year we are doing the last segment on Sojourn's world cruise and next year the first segment.  We will know people on the last segment this year so it should be fine.

Julie

You'll be able to compare.  Always nice knowing people on board.  The comment on where to join was in relation to a whole world cruise. 

I spent a week on Easter Island, wonderful place☺️ Anyone who can get there it is totally worth it👍.