Review - Triumph 4/17 Western

stlrboo

daneicy80, the news regarding the poor state of the gym is not good! I talked my sister and her kids into cruising with my son and me on Triumph (end of August) and I assured her the ship has a big and good gym. She's a work-out fanatic and I'll never hear the end of it if this gym sucks as badly as you say. Anyone know if the equipment is going to be repaired or upgraded?

rpsinnj/Dick: Everything is going well. Trying to put all the pics from the wedding together, and keep some special ones out for my Mom. Certainly was a great time!!

Say "HI" to the lovely wife for us!!

Hoping you haven't lost your "yabba-dabba-do" touch! icon_smile.gif

Hoping to hear from some of the other CC'ers we met on the Triumph! Great people.. !!

I married my best friend in OchoRios, April 22!

odie_anm.gif

Triumph 4/04

Imagination 5/00

OceanBreeze 11/96

USS 'Neversail' SanDiego 10/65

lmaclay- If I were to book again in the future I would make sure that my room had at least three beds in it and that I would not be given a roll-away. My advice would be to call your TA and have them change the rooms to ones that have enough bunks in them, take the fours, it will beat sleeping on a cot. It is still far enough away from Jan. that you should be able to make that change. And it was convenient to be on deck ten just that the noise was an issue.

tatania- The gym doesn't suck that bad, it just isn't up to the standards I am used to. The gym I currently belong to is less than a year old and all the equipment is brand new, even the last gym I went to kept their machines updated; so to see older equipment threw me at first. There are probably about ten treadmills and maybe eight precors. The entire Kaiser circuit is offered but beware that some of them have leaky hoses (not all of them), the weight will drop each time you do a rep. There was also a neat bicycle machine that gave us all a laugh, as you ride you look at a tv monitor that makes it feel like an arcade game. Besides that there are some free weights. That's about it. Nothing spectacular but for the one time I used it that didn't matter.

Serenade of the Seas 11/27/04

Carnival Triumph 4/17/04

Majesty of the Seas 1996

The Big Red Boat 1995

Viking Serenade 1990

Oceania 1986

lmaclay- I forgot to answer your last question, the rollaway bed remained in the room the entire trip, it was never removed. During the day we folded it up so it would take up less space but it was still an annoyance.

Serenade of the Seas 11/27/04

Carnival Triumph 4/17/04

Majesty of the Seas 1996

The Big Red Boat 1995

Viking Serenade 1990

Oceania 1986

Greetings all.

Just back from our two week vacation on the Triumph. We had a great time and enjoyed meeting some of the Cruise Critics. Sorry to say we did miss the meet and greet.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;4;17;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Our Triumph Western Cruise begins.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;4;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Our Triumph Eastern Cruise begins.

Glad to say that we had an awesome time on the 4/17 sailing. But sorry to say we missed the meet and greet icon_frown.gif. I guess it turned out to be too early for us because we didnt get on the ship til later.... Awesome Job DICK!!! and congrats Strlboo!! icon_wink.gif

Fantasy 4/00

Fascination 4/02

Victoria 4/03

Majesty of Seas 11/03

Triumph 4/04

Imagination 11/04

cruiserNC: Sorry we missed you at the meet! After boarding and thinking about it, the next day probably would be better for a meet & greet as some people board later than the others. icon_smile.gif

Onebusyman: Welcome back from your back-to-back.. Darn show-offs.. icon_wink.gif We hope to do the Eastern next trip. How did you and Kellie enjoy the 14 day trip? I woulda' stayed, but the Mrs. had to get back to work.. Glad we had the chance to meet up on the ship..!!

I married my best friend in OchoRios, April 22!

odie_anm.gif

Triumph 4/04

Imagination 5/00

OceanBreeze 11/96

USS 'Neversail' SanDiego 10/65

Archived