Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
MaryBethV

Sky! Feb 8-15 Trip Report & Review

Recommended Posts

Stacy 12312

"No" to considering a change of plans.  Assuming you're thinking of virus concerns, we just plan to keep an eye on things & hope they have it isolated and under control by then.  Write a review of your September cruise to give us a preview!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MKellyUtah said:

Stacy 12312

"No" to considering a change of plans.  Assuming you're thinking of virus concerns, we just plan to keep an eye on things & hope they have it isolated and under control by then.  Write a review of your September cruise to give us a preview!

Thank you for your quick reply - that is our plan too, just thought I would see how other ‘cruiser’s’ are feeling.  I will write a review - I am so looking forward to the ship and the Mediterranean.  
I hope you enjoy your cruise as well!  
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To Stacy 12312:

We're doing a 7 day Eastern Caribbean itinerary in late November.

 

To: MaryBeth V: Didn't mean to hijack your thread ... carry on with your great review!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MKellyUtah said:

To Stacy 12312:

We're doing a 7 day Eastern Caribbean itinerary in late November.

 

To: MaryBeth V: Didn't mean to hijack your thread ... carry on with your great review!

 

Agreed - I couldn’t wait for

MaryBeth V next installment.  I didn’t want it to end!    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After reading your review and seeing the outstanding photos I came away feeling uplifted and thank you for a peek into your family dynamics;  love your positive attitude as well.

 

Edited by Duffysmom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stacy12312 said:

Thank you for your quick reply - that is our plan too, just thought I would see how other ‘cruiser’s’ are feeling.  I will write a review - I am so looking forward to the ship and the Mediterranean.  
I hope you enjoy your cruise as well!  
 

I hope that by then these concerns will be in the past for you. I know we have a little concern over our cruise in 5 weeks. We will do the same precautions as normal (take Airborne & pro-biotics, bring medical-grade peroxide wipes, wash hands often), but we also plan on bringing extra medications and are still thinking things through.

 

Looking forward to your review from your Mediterranean cruise! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MaryBethV said:

I hope that by then these concerns will be in the past for you. I know we have a little concern over our cruise in 5 weeks. We will do the same precautions as normal (take Airborne & pro-biotics, bring medical-grade peroxide wipes, wash hands often), but we also plan on bringing extra medications and are still thinking things through.

 

Looking forward to your review from your Mediterranean cruise! 

Thank you!  I’m jealous your off to the carribean again!  How did your in-laws enjoy their first cruise?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are those $3 Bailey's in a souvenir glass just a Sky Princess thing or can you get those on any ship?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ckb104 said:

Are those $3 Bailey's in a souvenir glass just a Sky Princess thing or can you get those on any ship?

We bought the same glasses with limoncello on the royal princess about 18 months ago.  
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stacy12312 said:

We bought the same glasses with limoncello on the royal princess about 18 months ago.  
 

Thanks!  I'll have to look for them on our cruise to Alaska in May. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great review, beautiful photos. Thank you for posting!  Your photos will look lovely in a lay flat photo book!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Stacy12312 said:

Thank you!  I’m jealous your off to the carribean again!  How did your in-laws enjoy their first cruise?  

Believe me - two cruises this close together is not normal for us. I'm already freaking out a bit that I haven't even started packing for the next one! However a calm cruise to enjoy some time with my in-laws and a teenager-fun-Spring-Break cruise just HAD TO BE two different cruises. If we tried to make them both into one cruise it would have spelled disaster. Or, I would have needed the drink package. 😂 My in-laws loved the cruise. My MIL especially has never been on a vacation where she didn't do all the meal planning, cooking, etc. I was worried that she wouldn't relax, but I shouldn't have. She was relaxed by day 2! I'm hoping they will do this again together.

 

10 hours ago, ckb104 said:

Are those $3 Bailey's in a souvenir glass just a Sky Princess thing or can you get those on any ship?

I'm pretty sure they were offered on the Regal last year, though we didn't get one then. They aren't ship-specific, so hopefully they will be on your next cruise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Rusty10 said:

Great review, beautiful photos. Thank you for posting!  Your photos will look lovely in a lay flat photo book!

Designing that is my goal for this weekend! I'll try to remember to come back to this post and show some photos of how it turns out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Mary Beth. I'll be on the Sky 1 week from today. Though we've been on many cruises, this is our first Princess cruise.I appreciate your detailed review along with all the beautiful pictures. I am so looking forward to our cruise and your information has helped me alot.

Rochelle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that you mentioned above that you'd like to try La Mer next time.  We're no foodies, but we truly enjoyed the experience.  I don't want to pump it up so you won't have high expectations, but we're not "french" food lovers but found EVERYTHING we ordered quite tasty.  We'll be sailing Sky next February and we'll be dining at La Mer again.  And this is coming from a steak lover (I had the sea bass... mmmmm.)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious about what kind of post production work you do on your photos? What software do you use?  We got back a week ago and I need to jump into the PhotoSweatShop and get things going!

 

Very nice images!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Redwing55 said:

I think that you mentioned above that you'd like to try La Mer next time.  We're no foodies, but we truly enjoyed the experience.  I don't want to pump it up so you won't have high expectations, but we're not "french" food lovers but found EVERYTHING we ordered quite tasty.  We'll be sailing Sky next February and we'll be dining at La Mer again.  And this is coming from a steak lover (I had the sea bass... mmmmm.)  

We do want to try Sur La Mer this next time! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Did you eat outdoors?

 

12 hours ago, MrSchwump said:

Just curious about what kind of post production work you do on your photos? What software do you use?  We got back a week ago and I need to jump into the PhotoSweatShop and get things going!

 

Very nice images!

iPhone photos: I either edit them right on my phone and then save them to my computer to sort OR I import them into Photoshop and bump the contrast and saturation a little, when needed. 
Canon photos: These all need some processing in Photoshop as they are shot in Raw+jpg
All photos: I really try to take them as I want them (saves tons of time!) but some do need cropping which can be done directly on the iPhone or in Photoshop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MaryBethV said:

We do want to try Sur La Mer this next time! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Did you eat outdoors?

 

 

We did not.  And actually the sounds from the Piazza weren't an issue.  For us, the ambiance of indoors (though not spectacular) seemed better than the outside tables.  Though, the way we were seated, I was looking outdoors while my spouse was looking inwards.   Maybe next Feb we'll try it outdoors.  Of course, a dry run at Alfredo's may check that box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2020 at 3:20 PM, Stacy12312 said:

On a side note - we are booked on the enchanted in September - are you considering a change of plans?  I have been looking forward to this cruise - I hope they get everything cleared up by then.  
 

Viruses die off when the number of daylight hours increase. UV light works wonders - it's why they use it to sterilize medical instruments. (Plus loads of other things.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Loved seeing the menus, your food pics and the patters. Best review I’ve ever read/seen. You rock!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the review and walk down memory lane. DW and I were with you on this voyage and had a great time as well.

Your review and photos was very enjoyable.

Enjoy Sky in April. We were on the Dec inaugural’s as well and can’t wait to get on again...watching for a good sell so hopefully soon.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just popping back in... the album I ordered for my in-laws came in today and I wanted to share a few photos of it with you. 😍 I can't wait to give it to them! 

IMG_1669.thumb.jpg.84620d18613022d2c6ad6a387607343d.jpg

 

IMG_1672.thumb.jpg.d8f551ba548209b06bb36e7834155c98.jpg

 

IMG_1673.thumb.jpg.04d8bfa1556e2160f489700ea578738d.jpg

 

IMG_1674.thumb.jpg.9b4328ca85cb8a78fd07f77eb6494d1f.jpg

 

IMG_1670.thumb.jpg.bb0b860cc2ac909526a9a4d5ba291866.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have some memories there.  They will love the picture book

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...