Jump to content
  • Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips
,

Live, Terry/Ohio, “New” Regatta: South Pacific/NZ, Pix’s


TLCOhio
 Share

Recommended Posts

We are watching the weather forecasts and hoping for the best.  With more clouds, the good news yesterday in Bora Bora is that things were not as hot, hot as we had been expecting.  Made things more pleasant than being up to 90F in temperature.

:

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

 

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 229,281 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

 

 

Below is the weather forecast from AccuWeather for the next few days for Papeete.  Second is the weather radar for this region. Thursday is when we get off of the Regatta and have a full day for touring around Tahiti.  Some bad weather stuff is hanging around, but hopefully it will avoid us at Bora Bora and tomorrow for Raiatea.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

1134594891_ScreenShot2020-03-03at6_12_52AM.png.c8dcc83b832d3ada3757dbc6387751ba.png

 

 

1852084216_ScreenShot2020-03-03at6_14_20AM.thumb.png.1648140ff7cd2c2d75dedfa078f7f462.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Fletcher said:

However, I think I'd rather see Shanghai now rather than in the 80s

As always, YMMV. To see Shanghai today one can go to Tokyo or any number of places. China in big cities today is no longer China - it's universal rather than unique. The same transformation is happening (or has already happened) to Viet Nam.

We always will have our memories 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Silver Spectre said:

R Two looking wonderful in beautiful Bora Bora

 

Appreciate the nice Regatta picture and post from Silver Spectre about our two ships sharing Bora Bora yesterday.  We had a great day with a rental car exploring this amazing island, PLUS spending most of the day at the six-star St. Regis Resort.  Lots of super visuals to share, BUT, now getting ready for day 17 of our cruise at Raiatea, French Polynesia.  Will be here, Wednesday,, March 4, 8 am-6 pm.  We will be docked at Uturoa and this island is to be more Polynesian in style.  More later, but we have a super busy schedule today, including visiting a pearl farm and vanilla growing area.  Tomorrow is when we get off of the Regatta and spending a day exploring Tahiti before catching our late evening flights to LAX.  

 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

 

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!  Is one of your future desires or past favorites? See these many visual samples for its great history and architecture.  This posting is now at 86,878 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

 

 

Below are just two quick images from yesterday as we relaxed at the St. Regis Resort.  Second was the million-dollar view from our table as we enjoyed lunch overlooking the beach and perfect waters.  The weather cooperated nicely for us yesterday.  It was such a wonderful, cooling breeze that kept conditions perfect!!:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

CMC_0977.thumb.jpeg.f943db363b121ab9482e0cbee53e1420.jpeg

 

CMC_1020.thumb.jpeg.1cdc527933b7583128aa9cdbff98f339.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As always, great pictures and narrative Terry.  So glad you were able to enjoy some nicer weather in Bora Bora...  such a beautiful place.  We boarded Regatta in Papeete way back in mid November as it was beginning its' South Pacific/Australia sailings.   Our CD boarded with us, Corey Powell.  IIRC, he will finally be disembarking with you tomorrow.  I'll bet he is ready for a break!

 

Again, thanks for sharing your cruise with us.  I know you'll have more additions to the thread as time permits.  Safe travels back home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RJ2002 said:

As always, great pictures and narrative Terry.  So glad you were able to enjoy some nicer weather in Bora Bora...  such a beautiful place.  We boarded Regatta in Papeete way back in mid November as it was beginning its' South Pacific/Australia sailings.   Our CD boarded with us, Corey Powell.  IIRC, he will finally be disembarking with you tomorrow.  I'll bet he is ready for a break!  Again, thanks for sharing your cruise with us.  I know you'll have more additions to the thread as time permits.  Safe travels back home.

 

Much appreciate the above kind comments.  Yes, there will need to be later additions to these posting after we get home and I have time to complete updating, especially for the final four busy days of these schedule.  Also, hope LAX and LA are kind to us as we pass through there later this week.  Their virus situation has become so much more challenged there.  

 

Below are only four visuals from our amazing day while the ship was docked in Raiatea.  Full reporting, hopefully, in the next week or so.    

 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

 

Amazon River-Caribbean 2015 adventure live/blog starting in Barbados. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.).  Now at 65,837 views:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

 

Here was our official welcome as we departing the Regatta this morning when arriving in Raiatea.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

CMC_1077.thumb.jpeg.b87448e0626e8b831c96ccdce8d0e9ea.jpeg

 

Yes, we were able to get close to some black-tipped sharks, plus my waterproof camera finally worked.  Like the underwater pictures of sharks and in the famed "Coral Reef Garden" at Taha'a?  Many more visuals from today to share in the next week or so.:

CMC_1134.thumb.jpeg.1450c8a96418dc1d53b059863ef4b33e.jpeg

 

DSCN1054.thumb.jpeg.e8004379a9c6d6be91dc5dc3cffd441f.jpeg

 

DSCN1085.thumb.jpeg.2fc459224bb3f37da1b491839e163941.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now at LAX/Los Angeles airport on our way back to Central Ohio.  Nearing the completion of our 2020 "adventure".  So much to summarize, great sights, excellent food, nice people, fun experiences, etc.  Plus, sunshine and warmth!!  Many hundreds more visuals to review, check and fine-tune, etc.  Then post, hopefully, only the "best of the best" for those various sights and activities. 

 

Below are just three quick photo highlights from our last day in Tahiti.  We departed Papeete at 11:15 pm on Thursday night.  Arrived in LA Friday am on Air Tahiti Nui.  Was going to do the Getty Museum during this LA afternoon, but with all of the virus concerns, we decided to rest up and take things easy before our Saturday morning flight back, non-stop, to Columbus.  Was surprised at LAX that there not more checking/monitoring of arriving passengers as to travels in China, etc., and/or doing some type of touch-less temperature checks as we did each time when returning to the Regatta after a port stop.  Clearly, the cruise/travel industries are facing now some serious questions and challenges as this China/virus situation plays out, hopefully in a decent, fairly safe manner.  

 

As always, welcome any and all questions, comments, info needs/sharing, etc.  Don't be shy!!   Happy to learn/share more.  Have many additional visuals to post of this ship and some changes after its September 2019 "make-over".  

 

Since we finished with four-straight, busy, intense days of activities, I am backed up with many dozens more pictures to post.  Hope to complete those reviews in the next week or so.  On our flight back to LAX was with our Oceania Regatta Cruise Direction Corry Powell.  He has two months off in vacation time. My understanding is that he'll be headed to St. Louis near where he lives across the Mississippi River in southern Illinois. The ship's General Manager also rotated off of the ship a couple of days prior to our final docking.  The Regatta was starting a series of four-in-a-row, ten-day cruises, Papeete to Papeete, around the different islands of French Polynesia.  Then, in April, the Regatta will sail to Hawaii/San Francisco and then up to Alaska for the summer.  

 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

 

AFRICA?!!?: Fun, interesting visuals, plus travel details from this early 2016 live/blog. At 48,912 views. Featuring Cape Town, South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

 

During our all-day tour with Dominic and Tracey of Unique Tahiti (www.uniquetahiti.com), we super enjoyed many various locations along the western coast of these two joined islands.  Just two quick photographic highlights are below . . . waterfall and colorful flowers. Many more to follow later.  For us, doing this tour to explore more than just the urban area Papeete was great to understand more on their history, culture and variety for this central "heart" of Tahiti and French Polynesia.  This March 5 date in Tahiti was a holiday to celebrate when the first missionaries came to these islands to share Christianity.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

CMC_1559.thumb.jpeg.1ba104d3896ae744910e9f90f88a30da.jpeg

 

CMC_1562.thumb.jpeg.f8aeceefa16bb64d1e5d8c27354be811.jpeg

 

Here was THE final sunset from Tahiti.  Our flight did not depart till late Thursday evening and their airport is limited/marginal in certain ways for sitting and waiting.  After our all-day Tahiti tour, we enjoyed drinks with two other couples from our cruise at this waterfront bar/dining location that has great views over the waters.  Like this visual with the sunset, boats, people celebrating the conclusion of the day, etc.? :

CMC_1584.thumb.jpeg.f6a15613c7877a776af1394a5ad8b7d8.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Terry!

 

Thank you for your encouraging tales and photos!!  We are supposed to be flying out on Thursday to join the Regatta on Sunday.  Interesting to hear about the temperature checks after each port visit.  Also, were there any other imposing or daunting changes on the ship?  We are still leaning towards going on the trip, but don't want it to feel like a sailing infirmary.  Thanks for any insights!

 

Karen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Verokaren said:

Hi Terry!   Thank you for your encouraging tales and photos!!  We are supposed to be flying out on Thursday to join the Regatta on Sunday.  Interesting to hear about the temperature checks after each port visit.  Also, were there any other imposing or daunting changes on the ship?  We are still leaning towards going on the trip, but don't want it to feel like a sailing infirmary.  Thanks for any insights!   Karen

 

Based on what we observed and the information from the General Manager during our 18-day sailing, I do not sense that the Regatta is going to "feel like a sailing infirmary".  Things were "clean" during our sailing with no special problems happening regarding people, passengers and staff, being sick.  The only new wrinkle, as I understand is that for people now entering French Polynesia is that they need a current doctor's statement within five days of entering this area to verify that they are "healthy".  I assume that Oceania has communicated that requirement,/policy by the government of French Polynesia.  Good luck!!  Keep it coming with any and all questions.  

 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

 

Kotor/Montenegro:  Exciting visual samples, tips, details, etc., for this scenic, historic location. Over 47,474 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439193

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

Now at LAX/Los Angeles airport on our way back to Central Ohio.  Nearing the completion of our 2020 "adventure".  So much to summarize, great sights, excellent food, nice people, fun experiences, etc.  Plus, sunshine and warmth!!  Many hundreds more visuals to review, check and fine-tune, etc.  Then post, hopefully, only the "best of the best" for those various sights and activities. 

 

Below are just three quick photo highlights from our last day in Tahiti.  We departed Papeete at 11:15 pm on Thursday night.  Arrived in LA Friday am on Air Tahiti Nui.  Was going to do the Getty Museum during this LA afternoon, but with all of the virus concerns, we decided to rest up and take things easy before our Saturday morning flight back, non-stop, to Columbus.  Was surprised at LAX that there not more checking/monitoring of arriving passengers as to travels in China, etc., and/or doing some type of touch-less temperature checks as we did each time when returning to the Regatta after a port stop.  Clearly, the cruise/travel industries are facing now some serious questions and challenges as this China/virus situation plays out, hopefully in a decent, fairly safe manner.  

 

As always, welcome any and all questions, comments, info needs/sharing, etc.  Don't be shy!!   Happy to learn/share more.  Have many additional visuals to post of this ship and some changes after its September 2019 "make-over".  

 

Since we finished with four-straight, busy, intense days of activities, I am backed up with many dozens more pictures to post.  Hope to complete those reviews in the next week or so.  On our flight back to LAX was with our Oceania Regatta Cruise Direction Corry Powell.  He has two months off in vacation time. My understanding is that he'll be headed to St. Louis near where he lives across the Mississippi River in southern Illinois. The ship's General Manager also rotated off of the ship a couple of days prior to our final docking.  The Regatta was starting a series of four-in-a-row, ten-day cruises, Papeete to Papeete, around the different islands of French Polynesia.  Then, in April, the Regatta will sail to Hawaii/San Francisco and then up to Alaska for the summer.  

 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

 

AFRICA?!!?: Fun, interesting visuals, plus travel details from this early 2016 live/blog. At 48,912 views. Featuring Cape Town, South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

 

During our all-day tour with Dominic and Tracey of Unique Tahiti (www.uniquetahiti.com), we super enjoyed many various locations along the western coast of these two joined islands.  Just two quick photographic highlights are below . . . waterfall and colorful flowers. Many more to follow later.  For us, doing this tour to explore more than just the urban area Papeete was great to understand more on their history, culture and variety for this central "heart" of Tahiti and French Polynesia.  This March 5 date in Tahiti was a holiday to celebrate when the first missionaries came to these islands to share Christianity.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

CMC_1559.thumb.jpeg.1ba104d3896ae744910e9f90f88a30da.jpeg

 

CMC_1562.thumb.jpeg.f8aeceefa16bb64d1e5d8c27354be811.jpeg

 

Here was THE final sunset from Tahiti.  Our flight did not depart till late Thursday evening and their airport is limited/marginal in certain ways for sitting and waiting.  After our all-day Tahiti tour, we enjoyed drinks with two other couples from our cruise at this waterfront bar/dining location that has great views over the waters.  Like this visual with the sunset, boats, people celebrating the conclusion of the day, etc.? :

CMC_1584.thumb.jpeg.f6a15613c7877a776af1394a5ad8b7d8.jpeg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com - November 2022
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...