Hi NCL. You read here. Get things straight with the Dining Package terms

PortFees45

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

Like others posted, I have little desire while on VACATION to have to argue with staff about fake limitations.  I've had to do it at times and it makes a takes you from enjoying the time together to being aggravated by fake rules.

I totally agree. I do not wish to take away from what is to be a vacation from stress...to have to debate with staff about my perks (or as in another thread..wait in line to get discount for excursions!!!)...This is my vacation and NCL should make every effort to make it a stress free enjoyable one!!!!

• Like 2

On 2/20/2020 at 7:54 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Didn't know that the pizza was considered a course.  So to clarify, at La Cucina you can get apps, salad, pizza, entre, and dessert?

I can only tell you that on my cruising, they were telling everyone who sat down to pick from each and every "course", all five.  The seemed disappointed when we didn't get the pizza to go, but I mean we can get it as room service whenever we wanted in the Haven for free.  You really do eat way to much on these cruises!!  LOL

I respect everyone's right to get what they want, but damn, y'all really need more food at these restaurants?  Even sticking to just one item for each course, they had to practically roll me out the door after meals at Cagney's, Food Republic and Q last month.  And I'm not exactly what you'd call skinny.  😄 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 7:54 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Didn't know that the pizza was considered a course.  So to clarify, at La Cucina you can get apps, salad, pizza, entre, and dessert?

They told us you could get Pizza as a main course.  So you could get Soup, Salad, Pasta and Main Course(or Pizza).  And it is a full size pizza.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Phaedrus78 said:

I respect everyone's right to get what they want, but damn, y'all really need more food at these restaurants?  Even sticking to just one item for each course, they had to practically roll me out the door after meals at Cagney's, Food Republic and Q last month.  And I'm not exactly what you'd call skinny.  😄 

That's true except if I want a salad and app, or more than one of those two spoonful sides, I'm don't want to have to fight for it.

• Like 2

On the NCL site it says this

"ARE ANY MENU ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGES?

All Specialty Restaurant menu items are included except Seafood Platter in Raw Bar. Premium menu item upcharges may apply. Additional entrée charges may apply.

For Food Republic, Pincho, Sushi and Wasabi, an SDP meal includes 4 menu items."

Does that mean the Free at Sea SDP only has 4 items at the restaurants?

20 hours ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

They told us you could get Pizza as a main course.  So you could get Soup, Salad, Pasta and Main Course(or Pizza).  And it is a full size pizza.

I had pizza in Getaway La Cucina and a separate Main Course as well. It was not counted as a Main Course, since it is not under Main Courses on the menu. 

41 minutes ago, calvegas04 said:

All Specialty Restaurant menu items are included except Seafood Platter in Raw Bar. Premium menu item upcharges may apply. Additional entrée charges may apply.

For Food Republic, Pincho, Sushi and Wasabi, an SDP meal includes 4 menu items."

Yes in Food Republic, Pincho, Sushi and Wasabi. In other restaurants you can have one Main Course and unlimited amount of other items - however some items in the menu will have extra charge.

48 minutes ago, calvegas04 said:

No, there are not just 4 items at the restaurant...... it means you can only choose 4 items from the entire menu 

On 2/20/2020 at 7:21 PM, Gershep said:

Why can't they print the rules in small lettering on the bottom of the menu.

Because it's already printed in the T&Cs.....

someone will complain the print is too small or there was a food stain that made it not legible or they didn't see it..... 

Edited by esm54687

On 2/20/2020 at 7:38 AM, EllieinNJ said:

Sometimes if you ask nicely they will accommodate you.  With our platinum dinner on NCL Sun last year in Le Bistro we asked the waiter if we can have the soup instead of dessert.  He asked his manager and was told yes.  Then after the main course we were surprised when the waiter brought us the dessert menu and said we should order it too.

They really have flexibility and when you are really pleasant they bend the "rules" whatever they think they are.  I ate at Ocean Blue on Breakway and was caught helping another table choose their entrees giving my advice on what best best.  A place of scallops mysteriously was added to my lobster dinner!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, calvegas04 said:

Yes, because these restaurants specialize in "small plates" or individual items.  You get four per SDP.  A couple, both with SDPs, can order eight.  

11 hours ago, PortFees45 said:

Is the reference to "premium" upcharge items in the T&C's new?

I don’t remember seeing that before. I was also unaware of the inability to book entertainment dining online without paying full price. SDP users get to the end of the line.

On 2/21/2020 at 12:00 PM, Phaedrus78 said:

Totally agree 👍

On 2/20/2020 at 7:38 AM, EllieinNJ said:

Sometimes if you ask nicely they will accommodate you.  With our platinum dinner on NCL Sun last year in Le Bistro we asked the waiter if we can have the soup instead of dessert.  He asked his manager and was told yes.  Then after the main course we were surprised when the waiter brought us the dessert menu and said we should order it too.

With our Platinum dinner last month at Le Bistro on the Gem, the server made it clear the instant we sat down that there were rules to be followed, and that, if we wanted any of the entrees priced (arbitrarily)  by NCL higher than the $35 Plat limit (as the rack of lamb and Dover sole now are) we would be charged the difference.  We each ordered the Dover sole ($39), and indeed were charged $4 a piece and a 20% service charge. Could we afford the $9.60?  Yes, but did this leave a bad taste in our mouths?  You bet. Literally and figuratively, since the fish was tough and underwhelming.  Imho, it’s a terrible way for NCL to treat its most loyal customers. NCL seems to have no understanding of business goodwill. 

• Like 2

On 2/21/2020 at 12:00 PM, Phaedrus78 said:

Completely agree with this.  I am completely full, picture Monte Python’s Meaning of Life full, with one app, main course, and dessert, and couldn’t picture ordering multiple apps.  I am usually forcing myself to eat dessert, and it would really be in my best interest to just skip it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1