Refundable on board credit?

WallyNDiane

We were on the Norovirus shortened 2/02 Caribbean Princess cruise. We were credited approximately $70 for port fees of the 5 missed ports. That credit showed as a refundable on board credit on our statement. Do I need to do anything to get that money or will Princess automatically process it? Will we get a check or a credit on our credit card? Thanks all.

16 minutes ago, WallyNDiane said:

We were on the Norovirus shortened 2/02 Caribbean Princess cruise. We were credited approximately $70 for port fees of the 5 missed ports. That credit showed as a refundable on board credit on our statement. Do I need to do anything to get that money or will Princess automatically process it? Will we get a check or a credit on our credit card? Thanks all.

Our experiences have been when a refund is over $25 they send a check within 4 weeks sent from Bottomline which could appear to be junk mail.  For less than $25 we’re suppose to get it from the PSD onboard but for the coronavirus related refunds under $25 they might mail refund checks.

Edited by Astro Flyer

2 minutes ago, cjpj said:

Great. I left the Diamond on the 20th and had a big credit.  Been waiting. Was told it would go to the credit card on file. If it's a cheque, I'm happy.

Being in Canada maybe it will be different & be a c/c refund...who said it would be that way?

I've usually get the refund check about 3 weeks from end of cruise.  This last time it wasn't even close.  Cruise ended on 5 Jan, check processed on 5 Feb and received it on 18 Feb.  I did call Princess to see if their was a problem.  That's when I found out the check was processed on 5 Feb.

1 hour ago, cjpj said:

Guest Services on board.

They always say that. Others, who live in countries outside US, have posted about receiving the refund in check form. 

At least one stated he had a terrible time trying to get the check cashed. Can't remember which country it was, but apparently "checks" are not common, everything is electronic.

If you don't get a check within 6 weeks call them.  One time we had a big refund coming and when it didn't come we called.  They said well what about this big charge at the end of the cruise?  We said what are you talking about and they gave us the name of the person who charged something.  It wasn't us!  Somehow it got posted to our account.  They straightened it out and sent us a check ASAP.  Be sure to keep your final statement.  We got off the Coral on 1/21 and got our check earlier this week for our unused refundable OBC.  Took the full 4 weeks.

41 minutes ago, Nehalem Rose said:

What constitutes a refundable or non-refundable credit?

Purchased OBC, Military OBC, gifted OBC are all refundable.  OBC from Princess -FCD OBC, Promotional OBC, etc. is non-refundable. The non-refundable OBC is clearly shown as non-refundable in your personalizer.

Edited by Thrak

37 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Purchased OBC, Military OBC, gifted OBC are all refundable.  OBC from Princess -FCD OBC, Promotional OBC, etc. is non-refundable. The non-refundable OBC is clearly shown as non-refundable in your personalizer.

Edited by weedpindle