HOW DO YOU BOOK A HAVANA CABIN?

stryker12

We are booked on the Aug 22 horizon cruise.  We have 2 interiors next to each other. we were thinking of booking 2 Havana interiors so we could use the private pool.  I can't find anywhere on the site when I do a mock booking about Havana cabins.  Where do I find them?

It looks like the Havana interiors are sold out on that particular sailing. If they were available, once you clicked on "interior" you would be able to select it. Being that that sailing is 6 months from now, it's kinda last minute to pick. 

(This screenshot is from another date, further out)

this.PNG

• Like 1

There are only 16 Havana Interior rooms on Horizon.  I booked mine 11 months out and now (7 months out) are sold out.

I noticed price went up significantly as fewer rooms were available.  This is definitely one cabin selection you want to book as early as possible.

Edited by soonernstlouis

Keep checking back daily. 

I booked my cruise 3 months in advance in a spa interior and upgraded to a Havana later. At least 4 Havana cabins appeared within the first month after booking, I'm guessing due to cancellations or those interiors upgrading to balcony cabins. If you check once or twice a day, I think you'll be able to snag them!

If you have a TA or PVP they might also check for you. But idk who would be more diligent on checking.

I did recently learn that you can make a bookmark at the point where it asks "How Many People Are Cruising?" - that makes doing a daily check on availability a bit easier than I had been doing it, where I had to start over every time I wanted to do a mock booking.

There used to be an automated way to check called *****, that would email you when a room / category became available. But it's mostly defunct now.

I just booked a Havana interior for 2022, and it was the last one available on that sailing.

If you're willing to upgrade to the Havana Cabanas, they seem to sell a bit slower- but it is quite a bit more expensive.  On the date I was looking at, I think it was 50% more. 

But, keep checking.  In early January, the cruise I had booked for 2021 changed the itinerary, and there had to have been a lot of date changing going on- several Havana rooms opened up. 

4 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Must be a Havana Interior "thing".  I booked a Havana Balcony on the Vista just 3 weeks ago.  Sailing this coming Saturday.  Pricing was good, too (~$1,500 for the cabin).

Not a “thing”.  I paid slightly more than you for 2 pax in an interior 11 months out.  At the time, balcony cabins were 3-4K on Horizon.  You got a great deal.

Edited by soonernstlouis

5 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Must be a Havana Interior "thing".  I booked a Havana Balcony on the Vista just 3 weeks ago.  Sailing this coming Saturday.  Pricing was good, too (~$1,500 for the cabin).

$1500? Per Person or total? 

For my August 8th on the Horizon it is $1,989 per person for a Horizon Balcony for 2.  When I booked, Havana Interior was available for 4 people, but not for 2.  I really wanted a Havana room, but couldn't justify spending the money for the balcony which is twice as much as it was for a Spa Interior.  Really feel like they are losing out on a lot of potential revenue by not offering a Havana pass like they do for the Spa.  The spa rooms are 100% booked on my cruise, so it isn't like people don't still book them, despite the main benefit being available to everyone on board.

I keep checking back to see if a Havana Interior becomes available, which is really all you can do.  Be prepared if it does that they are considerably more expensive than a standard interior.

~$1,500 was for the HAVANA BALCONY CABIN, not per person.  I love cruising.  As such, I keep an eye out for deals and jump on them when they happen.  Hadn’t cruised CARNIVAL for a while so was looking for a cruise to get me through winter.  Was looking at Carnival Vista as I wanted to sail their new ship(s).  This cabin popped up and my TA (not Carnival) sent it to me.  She doesn’t BS me when she says she found a deal....at that price, I pulled out my CC and booked it.

Too many times I’ve seen really good cruise fare deals thinking they’ll be around for a while. I think about them for a day or two, only to come back to find they’re gone.

I move quickly on these types of deals.

Edited by graphicguy

1 hour ago, Jamesatgsu said:

Really feel like they are losing out on a lot of potential revenue by not offering a Havana pass like they do for the Spa.  The spa rooms are 100% booked on my cruise, so it isn't like people don't still book them, despite the main benefit being available to everyone on board.

If they did this they may lose out on people booking the actual Havana rooms.  We just got off an 8 day/4 port cruise- the first sea day was fine, but the 2 on the way back, there was a decent chunk of the day all of the loungers were full.  I guess Grand Turk and La Romana were the 2 less popular ports on this particular cruise- after we got back on and wandered out there, the area was mostly full.  Obviously no where near Lido deck full, but enough that more people would've meant more scurrying for loungers 

@graphicguy

As I previously said you got a deal....really a steal since even the price you paid is a good price for Havana Interior, much less a balcony.  That is why those who book Havana are so protective of its exclusivity.

Do a mock booking on a future Vista Havana Balcony.  You won’t get within 1k of what you paid via the Carnival website.

47 minutes ago, purplephenom said:

If they did this they may lose out on people booking the actual Havana rooms.  We just got off an 8 day/4 port cruise- the first sea day was fine, but the 2 on the way back, there was a decent chunk of the day all of the loungers were full.  I guess Grand Turk and La Romana were the 2 less popular ports on this particular cruise- after we got back on and wandered out there, the area was mostly full.  Obviously no where near Lido deck full, but enough that more people would've meant more scurrying for loungers 

That is why I mentioned the spa rooms.  Doesn't seem to affect them selling out, so I think Havana would be similar.  The key is it can't be cheaper to book a regular room and pay the fee.  

I’d say check back weekly.  We were booked on the Panorama for the 5/30 sailing.  I booked the aft wrap on deck 6.  I booked that 18 months ago.  Well now I have to have extensive back surgery and thus we cancelled our cruise 😥.  Hopefully someone was able to grab that room. I posted that it was going to become available.  So it does pay to check often as emergencies  happen and a cruise needs to be canceled.  

10 hours ago, Jamesatgsu said:

That is why I mentioned the spa rooms.  Doesn't seem to affect them selling out, so I think Havana would be similar.  The key is it can't be cheaper to book a regular room and pay the fee.  

I'm booked in a Havana interior for later in the year. I don't see the allure of booking the Havana cabin if it's not going to be exclusive to people booking Havana cabins.

If others are allowed  to book a regular cabin and pay a fee at any price for access then you'll start the chair hogging and overcrowding.

I personally wouldn't book a Havana cabin under those circumstances. There are plenty of others that would so if they changed the policy it sure wouldn't hurt Carnival if I didn't book the Havana cabins.

YMMV

5 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

I'm booked in a Havana interior for later in the year. I don't see the allure of booking the Havana cabin if it's not going to be exclusive to people booking Havana cabins.

If others are allowed  to book a regular cabin and pay a fee at any price for access then you'll start the chair hogging and overcrowding.

I personally wouldn't book a Havana cabin under those circumstances. There are plenty of others that would so if they changed the policy it sure wouldn't hurt Carnival if I didn't book the Havana cabins.

YMMV

I'm amazed they could book them when they let anyone access it after 7pm. No way I'd have paid for one back then. 

I'm not sure how many more people would pay the $250 - $300 per person type of cost to use the Havana. I have to assume somebody at Carnival has studied it, but I'd definitely test it out if I was them.

29 minutes ago, Jamesatgsu said:

I'm not sure how many more people would pay the $250 - $300 per person type of cost to use the Havana.

Folks are willing to spend $1,000+ for 6 hours use of a private island cabana.  So I’m sure there would be demand.  I wouldn’t even go on a 5k pax ship without some less crowded area being available.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jamesatgsu said:

I think the difference is, the spa isn't really crowded because the majority of people with access don't hang out there all day long. Laying in a lounger is something you could do all day long if you wished- and some people with Havana access do.  I don't think having it open after 7 to everyone was a huge deal, because by that point (especially this time of year) the sun is gone, and people are off to dinner/show/bars.  But if it were open to more people in the middle of the day, it loses the appeal to me. 

4 hours ago, Jamesatgsu said:

I'm not sure how many more people would pay the $250 - $300 per person type of cost to use the Havana. I have to assume somebody at Carnival has studied it, but I'd definitely test it out if I was them.

We paid if I remember correctly $400 for a cabana in the Vibe on the Breakaway and it was worth every penny. I’d probably pay more. We’re lounge in the sun all day people so to have a specific cabana at our disposal all day without the whole chair hog thing was absolutely the best thing ever. We could come and go as we pleased and didn’t have to worry that someone moved our stuff and it was semi private.