Cruise Critic Community
irzero

Allure - Barcelona - Delux Drinks Package / Ultimate Dining Package

Hi.

Does anyone who has booked in July / June or August know what the current price for the above packages is?

Thanks For the help.

Edited by irzero

20 minutes ago, irzero said:

Does anyone who has booked in July / June or August know what the current price for the above packages is?

May want to ask in some roll call threads for those dates.

I just called Royal and they seem to be charging full RRP for the drinks package at GBP 53 per day. So not cheap.

Wondering if they will do any discounts..

Hi 

October is showing as £48 so it’s not far off but I would wait and see if it comes down as that’s a top price IMO

2 hours ago, TravelMadBrits said:

Hi 

October is showing as £48 so it’s not far off but I would wait and see if it comes down as that’s a top price IMO

We are also sailing end of Oct. UBP is $60, we are also on the following weeks cruise and it has been at $48 for several months.  UDP is $215 today.  BP is overpriced, DP is a good deal.  happy cruising 

We are considering back to back in July. Just so expensive when all things added in.

2 hours ago, irzero said:

We are considering back to back in July. Just so expensive when all things added in.

Only real benefit to us is only one airfare for two cruises.  Saves a lot flying from Ca. to Italy. 

7 hours ago, irzero said:

Hi.

Thanks For the help.

£742.84 for 2 deluxe drinks

£328.10 for 2 UDP

When considering the value of the DX in the Med don't forget that drinks purchased as you go incur VAT.   

14 hours ago, little britain said:

£742.84 for 2 deluxe drinks

£328.10 for 2 UDP

This sounds like full price by looks of it.

I'm on the July 5th sailing and up until Black Friday in Nov the deluxe beverage package was $60 USD and ever since it's been $56 USD which is the price I paid. Like someone else posted, pre-purchase of the package avoids the added VAT which will be added to any package or drink purchase on board

3 hours ago, TX_Atlantis_Cruiser said:

I'm on the July 5th sailing and up until Black Friday in Nov the deluxe beverage package was $60 USD and ever since it's been $56 USD which is the price I paid. Like someone else posted, pre-purchase of the package avoids the added VAT which will be added to any package or drink purchase on board

Do you know if your 56 USD price includes the gratuity? That works out for £43 per day which is less than the £53 ive been quoted so far.

I have been offered 700 USD OBC for the 2 week cruise by RCCL. Im guessing there is no way to spend this OBC until you get on the ship and are at the mercy of ship pricing?

Also we hit diamond on the second week. Does this mean we also get 3 free drinks vouchers per night and happy hour too?

Edited by irzero

So i just booked back to back on 19th July On Allure.

$700 OBC for the 2 weeks.  Ocean view balcony.

Drinks package says £45.60 per day which is as you say $60 USD. So is this a good or bad price per day?

Edit: Just realised they at 16.8% gratuity on this price making it £53 per day which isnt good

Edited by irzero

And it's port intensive...Palma, Naples, Civ/Rome, La Spezia, Marseille.

7 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

And it's port intensive...Palma, Naples, Civ/Rome, La Spezia, Marseille.

I dont really drink any less on ports. As im back to back ill miss some port anyway. i like when the ship is quiet. Id hope the drink package would be cheaper because most will be off the ship which means less sales of packages.

They seem desperate to sell. I got a sea view balcony for £1680 for 14 nights pp with 700$ credit. They called me 3 times increasing the OBC until they said they couldnt offer any more. I paid £1000 for Ocean view inside cabin for 7 days in 2016 on same ship and this time its been Amped up. 

Does it cost $55 USD to eat in chops now?!?!

Is it me or has the price of everything sky rocketed on RCCL?

23 hours ago, irzero said:

Also we hit diamond on the second week. Does this mean we also get 3 free drinks vouchers per night and happy hour too?

You will need to visit the C&A guy during the first week to make sure they know.  They can make sure that the magic happens and you get access to the DL etc. 

Unlimited drinks in the DL or 3 drinks on your card during the hours - these can now be used in the dining room too so if you dine at 8 you can get 3 glasses of wine each to go with dinner!

You are also entitled to a better amenity so make sure you mention this to them too!

Welcome Beverages (Per Person) Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members can choose water, soda or juice. • Bottle of Water • Can of Coke or Diet Coke • Can of Sprite or Diet Sprite • Bottle of apple juice, orange juice, or grapefruit juice

Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members can choose from the water, soda or juice selections above or opt for beer. • Bottle of Budweiser • Bottle of Bud Light • Bottle of Corona • Bottle of Heineken

Since we have had access to the lounge we have never bought a drinks package.  Remember you can take on 2 bottles of wine when you board (and  in Barcelona the wine shop is after the check-in ... wink wink... and it is possible to get off and get on again! )

1 hour ago, little britain said:

You will need to visit the C&A guy during the first week to make sure they know.  They can make sure that the magic happens and you get access to the DL etc. 

Unlimited drinks in the DL or 3 drinks on your card during the hours - these can now be used in the dining room too so if you dine at 8 you can get 3 glasses of wine each to go with dinner!

You are also entitled to a better amenity so make sure you mention this to them too!

Welcome Beverages (Per Person) Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members can choose water, soda or juice. • Bottle of Water • Can of Coke or Diet Coke • Can of Sprite or Diet Sprite • Bottle of apple juice, orange juice, or grapefruit juice

Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members can choose from the water, soda or juice selections above or opt for beer. • Bottle of Budweiser • Bottle of Bud Light • Bottle of Corona • Bottle of Heineken

Since we have had access to the lounge we have never bought a drinks package.  Remember you can take on 2 bottles of wine when you board (and  in Barcelona the wine shop is after the check-in ... wink wink... and it is possible to get off and get on again! )

You have this down to an art 🙂

Certainly the second week might be worth us changing our drinking habits if this drinks package doesnt become reasonable. It feels only a short time since i was paying less than half of the above rates. Some sanity needs to come back to these prices because the price has gone up and the quality certainly hasnt.

On 2/21/2020 at 1:38 PM, irzero said:

Do you know if your 56 USD price includes the gratuity? That works out for £43 per day which is less than the £53 ive been quoted so far.

I have been offered 700 USD OBC for the 2 week cruise by RCCL. Im guessing there is no way to spend this OBC until you get on the ship and are at the mercy of ship pricing?

You can use RCI OBC on your cruise planner

Does anyone know if unlimited dining package still allows you to eat in playmakers and johny rockets for lunch for free each day?

8 minutes ago, irzero said:

Does anyone know if unlimited dining package still allows you to eat in playmakers and johny rockets for lunch for free each day?

Yes it does 

On 2/22/2020 at 1:42 PM, little britain said:

No difference in amenity between Emerald and Diamond. 

45 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No difference in amenity between Emerald and Diamond. 

What is the amenity, not sure ive ever had it..