Avarius

cruisethirsty

I'm thinking about doing Avarius at Costa Maya port as part of the port pass program. However, I'm a little skittish about swinging bridges. Does anybody know if these bridges swing a lot and about how long they are? I can handle a little of each. Also, I'm coming on MSC Cruises and they don't seem to offer the port pass as part of their excursion program. I assume you can buy the port pass once on shore---correct?

Hello, we just did this last week and it was $12 per person and we had a great time.  There are bridges that move a little, like bounce up and down when you walk, but don't swing.  We were in there about 45 minutes and they had someone go along for a little and take pictures.  They were digital downloads and you got all of them for $25 and they were nice pictures.  We were the only boat in port that day though, so I don't know if we would have gotten as many if it were crowded.  A word of caution though,  only let them sit on your hands...one bit a hole in my shirt and another was trying to eat my daughter's shirt.  The walkways go all around the port area and we got great views of the dolphins who seemed to look up at us to see what we were doing.  It was really fun!!

3 hours ago, KimPossible1 said:

Hello, we just did this last week and it was $12 per person and we had a great time.  There are bridges that move a little, like bounce up and down when you walk, but don't swing.  We were in there about 45 minutes and they had someone go along for a little and take pictures.  They were digital downloads and you got all of them for $25 and they were nice pictures.  We were the only boat in port that day though, so I don't know if we would have gotten as many if it were crowded.  A word of caution though,  only let them sit on your hands...one bit a hole in my shirt and another was trying to eat my daughter's shirt.  The walkways go all around the port area and we got great views of the dolphins who seemed to look up at us to see what we were doing.  It was really fun!!

Great info, thanks ! you can also take your own pictures right ?!

We haven't done this yet (never enough time by the time we get back to port) but have watched people going across the bridges and never noticed any swinging. They look pretty sturdy and stationary for the most part.

PB162119%20copy-L.jpg

Edited by mitsugirly