Belize - Altun Ha ruins...photos and video!

ABQrobin

We were on the Carnival Conquest the week of Feb 8th with port stops in Belize, Grand Cayman, Roatan, and Cozumel.  I did a few videos to share and thought I would do a short review of this excursion and answer any questions you have.

We booked the excursion "Altun Ha Mayan Ruins with lunch" which was listed as 4 hours.  It was actually more like 4 1/2 hours not counting the shuttle from the ship each way.  If you have a little interest in Mayan ruins and want to only do a short tour, this is the one for you.  If you are very interested in seeing Mayan ruins and learning about the civilizations, then I recommend the tour to Lamanai or Xunantunich.  Those tours are longer, and have much more detail and impressive ruins.  Altun Ha is not a bad site, it is nice and actually has more structures than I expected, but having done many tours of ancient ruins, this one is just a taste of history, not an immersion.  

I will be loading the photos to my Smugmug account later in the week, and I will post them on this thread... for now I have a video to share.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering about 2 things - Of the 4 1/2 hours, how much was spent on travel to and from the ruins, and how much was spent at the ruins? Also, what did the lunch consist of?

Thanks!

• 3 months later...