Jump to content

Cruise next: New (to me) marketing to get you to buy 4


fstuff1
 Share

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

So I filled out the paperwork to buy 2 and handed it to the cruise next guy.

He then said if I wanted to forgo the$250 credit, then I can have 4 certificates.

 

Nice marketing.

(I of course knew better and politely turned him down.)

 

How exciting. What did you do next? 😶

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They *next* checked this info for me...

Next time on deck 15 can you please look....Observation deck. 

According to the deck plans on 15, there is white space above my stateroom 14158. On Encore July 2020. There is the mysterious white space. Thanks in advance.  

Have a great cruise.

 

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/bliss/deck-plans

Edited by meatball_nyc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I guess I've really screwed up badly here b/c I did buy the 4 CNCs for $1000, though really $500.  I'd just booked a TA on the GA and the Latidudes/Cruise Next rep... I hate to use wrong names but know her last name was Bennet on the Joy, immediately applied 2 CNCs to that cruise. What that meant to me was that my deposit went from $50 to $500 + the $50 I'd already paid.  Doesn't that mean I've already gotten credit for the $500 I paid?  

 

I admit I'm not the brightest star in the sky but when I booked another cruise and again, used 2 CNCs for the down payment, doesn't  that mean I've saved the cost of the CNCs? or do I have it all wrong? 

 

Please, set me straight if I'm on the wrong track.

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, meatball_nyc said:

They *next* checked this info for me...

 

According to the deck plans on 15, there is white space above my stateroom 14158. On Encore July 2020. There is the mysterious white space. Thanks in advance.  

Have a great cruise.

 

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/bliss/deck-plans

Sorry, am I on the wrong thread? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No only $500 was charged to our account on board ship.  When we disembarked we had 8 additional CNC in our NCL account.

 

That was in December of 2018.

Today we have 2 left on our account. We have used 6.

Edited by P_Mcruisers
Incorrect use of the English language
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

So I filled out the paperwork to buy 2 and handed it to the cruise next guy.

He then said if I wanted to forgo the$250 credit, then I can have 4 certificates.

 

Nice marketing.

(I of course knew better and politely turned him down.)

 

I mean the math is the same. Four for $500 is the same as for four $1000 with $500 obc. 

 

So the only question is if you can use four in four years. 

 

I'll have around $75 in obc on my next cruise so I'm getting two new ones even though I still have two. Hopefully I'll book during a double promo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, meatball_nyc said:

No. Im asking for help on deck plans. You are asking for help on future cruise credits. All good. Thanks. 

 

OP is currently on the Bliss. I think. Thanks. 

um.. im currently on the joy.

what made you think im on the bliss?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, smplybcause said:

 

I mean the math is the same. Four for $500 is the same as for four $1000 with $500 obc. 

 

So the only question is if you can use four in four years. 

 

I'll have around $75 in obc on my next cruise so I'm getting two new ones even though I still have two. Hopefully I'll book during a double promo.

yes, math is the same.

but his marketing made it sound like i'm getting a better deal for upgrading to 4 CN instead of getting the $250 obc for buying 2 CN vs buying 4 CN out right.

 

i get  $100 or ($250 for 15+ days) obc per cruise for being a ncl shareholder.

unlike most non-refundable obc, the shareholder obc can be applied to CN certs!

thus it makes no sense for me to buy 4.

like you, i'll buy 2. then the next cruise when i get another $100 obc, i'll buy another 2. 

rinse/repeat.

 

like i said, it was nice marketing.

 

edit:

if the double promo is no longer in effect, then it might be better to buy 1 CN if you only have $75 obc.

1 CN: $250 - $100 CN obc - $75 = $75

2 CN: $500 - $250 CN obc - 75 = $175 or $87.5 for each CN.

 

it'll be cheaper per CN to just buy 1.

also, are you sure your $75 obc can be applied to CN purchases?

 

Edited by fstuff1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, meatball_nyc said:

No. Im asking for help on deck plans. You are asking for help on future cruise credits. All good. Thanks. 

 

OP is currently on the Bliss. I think. Thanks. 

 

 I think you're on the wrong thread. The OP is talking about FCC's. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fstuff1 said:

yes, math is the same.

but his marketing made it sound like i'm getting a better deal for upgrading to 4 CN instead of getting the $250 obc for buying 2 CN vs buying 4 CN out right.

 

i get  $100 or ($250 for 15+ days) obc per cruise for being a ncl shareholder.

unlike most non-refundable obc, the shareholder obc can be applied to CN certs!

thus it makes no sense for me to buy 4.

like you, i'll buy 2. then the next cruise when i get another $100 obc, i'll buy another 2. 

rinse/repeat.

 

like i said, it was nice marketing.

 

edit:

if the double promo is no longer in effect, then it might be better to buy 1 CN if you only have $75 obc.

1 CN: $250 - $100 CN obc - $75 = $75

2 CN: $500 - $250 CN obc - 75 = $175 or $87.5 for each CN.

 

it'll be cheaper per CN to just buy 1.

also, are you sure your $75 obc can be applied to CN purchases?

 

 

It was on my last cruise. I only had drink taxes, CN, and DSC on my account. Obviously the non-refundable I got from a price decrease didn't go towards DSC, but my account was credited the full OBC even though the drink taxes were less than it.

 

As far as I know NCL only differentiates between refundable and non-refundable OBC - there's not different types of non-refundable. 

 

As for 1 vs 2 - if NCL hadn't regularly been doing a use two promo I probably would buy only one, but with that in mind it's kind of silly not to buy two. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As far as I know NCL is the only cruise line to offer this program.  The program works great.   Free money any way you look at it. The more times you purchase CN on your cruises , the more you learn how to maximize your buck.  We all have many different ways on how to use the cruise next program.  Cashed in over $3000 in CN last year.  I was able to take a few free cruises because of CN.  What ever works for you.  Have fun on your next cruise.✌️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, smplybcause said:

 

It was on my last cruise. I only had drink taxes, CN, and DSC on my account. Obviously the non-refundable I got from a price decrease didn't go towards DSC, but my account was credited the full OBC even though the drink taxes were less than it.

 

As far as I know NCL only differentiates between refundable and non-refundable OBC - there's not different types of non-refundable. 

 

As for 1 vs 2 - if NCL hadn't regularly been doing a use two promo I probably would buy only one, but with that in mind it's kind of silly not to buy two. 

If you buy one after OBC you pay $150 as you only get $100 OBC if you buy 2 you get $125 per back per CN so they only cost $125 so 2 or more is the better deal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, girlcruiser said:

If you buy one after OBC you pay $150 as you only get $100 OBC if you buy 2 you get $125 per back per CN so they only cost $125 so 2 or more is the better deal

 

Yes, but as fstuff did the math on it, with my OBC it's actually cheaper per CN to buy only one. ie if your OBC is more than $50 on a per-certificate cost buying only 1 is cheaper.

 

3 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

if the double promo is no longer in effect, then it might be better to buy 1 CN if you only have $75 obc.

1 CN: $250 - $100 CN obc - $75 = $75

2 CN: $500 - $250 CN obc - 75 = $175 or $87.5 for each CN.

 

Edited by smplybcause
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

 

Yes, but as fstuff did the math on it, with my OBC it's actually cheaper per CN to buy only one. ie if your OBC is more than $50 on a per-certificate cost buying only 1 is cheaper.

 

 

 

You're applying an OBC that is completely independent of the CruiseNext certs.  The double promo always applies to balcony and above.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

 

You're applying an OBC that is completely independent of the CruiseNext certs.  The double promo always applies to balcony and above.

 

I realize that. That's why I was responding to a post that was quoting MY post where I specifically stated that I had OBC to use for my next cruise and was going to buy CN with it. That's the beauty of forums - you have access to all previous posts. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

 

I realize that. That's why I was responding to a post that was quoting MY post where I specifically stated that I had OBC to use for my next cruise and was going to buy CN with it. That's the beauty of forums - you have access to all previous posts. 

 

My point is that it doesn't make it cheaper, you've just changed the way you payed for it.

 

I bought $500 OBC before my cruise then bought 4 CNs.  It doesn't mean my CNs were free.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RedwingHockeyFan said:

 

My point is that it doesn't make it cheaper, you've just changed the way you payed for it.

 

I bought $500 OBC before my cruise then bought 4 CNs.  It doesn't mean my CNs were free.

 

I didn't buy my OBC. You can get lost in the semantics of whether OBC with your booking is really still you paying for it or not, but doesn't really apply to my situation because 1) I was booking at the price I booked regardless and 2) it was a group benefit my host selected so if I wasn't in a group I wouldn't get it anyways. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, smplybcause said:

 

It was on my last cruise. I only had drink taxes, CN, and DSC on my account. Obviously the non-refundable I got from a price decrease didn't go towards DSC, but my account was credited the full OBC even though the drink taxes were less than it.

 

As far as I know NCL only differentiates between refundable and non-refundable OBC - there's not different types of non-refundable. 

 

As for 1 vs 2 - if NCL hadn't regularly been doing a use two promo I probably would buy only one, but with that in mind it's kind of silly not to buy two. 

there are at least 2 different kinds of non-refundable obc:

1) shareholder obc

2) casino obc based on your casino tier status. ie: I'm sapphire and get $200 obc every cruise.

 

casino obc CANNOT be used for CN.

 

note:

the computer system uses the shareholder obc first. so if i get a massage for $100 then buy CN, i'm charged the full $250 for 2 CN.

$100 shareholder obc + $200 casino obc

$0 for $100 massage but $250 for CN because the casino obc cant be used towards it.

 

at the end of the cruise when i wake up on debarkation day, the accounting dept has corrected it according to the ncl app even though the final bill delivered to my email at 2am still has obc incorrectly applied. :o

 

Edited by fstuff1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

there are at least 2 different kinds of non-refundable obc:

1) shareholder obc

2) casino obc based on your casino tier status. ie: I'm sapphire and get $200 obc every cruise.

 

casino obc CANNOT be used for CN.

 

note:

the computer system uses the shareholder obc first. so if i get a massage for $100 then buy CN, i'm charged the full $250 for CN.

$100 shareholder obc + $200 casino obc

$0 for $100 massage but $250 for CN because the casino obc cant be used towards it.

 

at the end of the cruise when i wake up on debarkation day, the accounting dept has corrected it according to the ncl app even though the final bill delivered to my email at 2am still has obc incorrectly applied. 😮

 

 

Ah, interesting. I never play in the casino so I've never gotten OBC from them to know there's a difference. I've never had a problem before with my non-casino non-shareholder non-refundable OBC, but I guess I'll make sure to check when I cruise in like 2 weeks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

$500(CN purchase)-$250(CN OBC)-$100(shareholder OBC)-$150(travel agent OBC)= ZERO money spent on $500 to be used on my next balcony.  This happens pretty much every cruise I take.  FREE MONEY.  That is my method.  I have no need for a casino at seas OBC.  

Edited by jskinsd
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...