Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
NorskyGal

Amsterdam Keukenhof Gardens using Uber?

Has anyone used Uber to get to/from Keukenhof Gardens from central Amsterdam?  For a party of 6 adults, I'm wondering if it is better to use Uber and create our own schedule vs. using still very good mass transit?

6 hours ago, NorskyGal said:

Has anyone used Uber to get to/from Keukenhof Gardens from central Amsterdam?  For a party of 6 adults, I'm wondering if it is better to use Uber and create our own schedule vs. using still very good mass transit?

Just asking. Wouldn't 6 adults in a vehicle (plus a driver) vastly limit your vehicle possibilities?

6 hours ago, NorskyGal said:

Just asking. Wouldn't 6 adults in a vehicle (plus a driver) vastly limit your vehicle possibilities?

I doubt if this is possible. There arenot that many cars in The Netherlands that can hold 6  adult passengers plus the driver. Also the distance is about 40 kilometer which might make it rather expensive. 

Are you aware of the special busconnection to Keukenhof? https://keukenhof.nl/en/how-to-get-there/your-journey-with-public-transport/

In the US you can request a van from Lyft that would carry 6 adults.  I’m wondering if anyone had that experience in Amsterdam. 

2 hours ago, NorskyGal said:

In the US you can request a van from Lyft that would carry 6 adults.  I’m wondering if anyone had that experience in Amsterdam. 

No lyft in Amsterdam. However a friend just told met there is Uber XL, that seems to have cars up to 6 persons.

Edited by Ine