Oasis Class Dining Pricing Discussion

I am hoping to start a discussion regarding Oasis class specialty dining pricing. What are your past experiences with the amount you have paid with 3-5 night dining package, single restaurant visits (non package pricing), etc? I am particularly interested in Wonderland, and 150 Central Park however want this to be an open discussion for all specialty restaurants regarding expenditures aboard an Oasis class ship. I have seen talk about restaurants offering discounts while aboard however, without knowing the typical pricing ahead of time, it is hard to know if the spontaneous offers are going to result in an actual savings. Personally, I will be visiting Wonderland for the experience and am debating if it will be worth the cost to purchase a minimal dining package if the package will only be $10-15 more than non-package price per meal will be... though process is: we can benefit from the savings and also be able to experience one or two other restaurants as well. 

Single pricing for the Oasis class specialty restaurants have stayed about the same for the last three or so years.  The actual price is shown in your Cruise Planner.

For our last several cruises on Harmony and Allure, because they were  7 day cruises, there was no 5 day package available.  The 3 day package has run from $99 a couple of years ago to about $115 today.

I don't have any idea of what is offered on the ship as we buy the Unlimited Dining Package so don't ever have discussions with employees onboard regarding packages.  The one thing I did notice though is that if I purchase any package online, the price includes a gratuity, the amount of which is unknown.  If I were to purchase the same package onboard, even at the same price, an 18% gratuity is added to the price.

• Thanks 1

Chops was around $50 on our Harmony sailing. To us, it was a no brainer to get UDP - it was only $175 for our 7 day cruise. 150 and Wonderland were a little higher than Chops - I want to say around $55 or $65, but don't remember the exact pricing because we bought UDP. 

• Thanks 1

We paid $99/pp on Allure last year for the 3 night package and on our previous Adventure/Liberty cruises it was $89/pp. On our upcoming Symphony cruise it's $115/pp. It's a bit of a jump compared to what I've been used to paying but it really is worth it to have some variety. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Livetotravel2020 said:

Are the variables mostly due to length of cruise? I am assuming the packages would fluctuate due to length but singular pricing is that varied?!

Many variables affect pricing. The on board "list" price can usually be found in the RCI app.

On Oasis class the 3 night package works out to about $33 pp pm, the 5 night is $25 pp pm,  the UDP is $20 pp pm. UDP changes as it includes sea day lunches. Wonderland, Chop's,  Hibachi Grill and 150 runs about $50/55. Jamies is about $40, Sabor is 20 -30.  There is usually someone hanging around the Trellis bar on day  1 trying to sell packages. The onboard purchase has a 18% gratuity added on and through the cruise planner a service charge is already included, even with the package we always leave $10 or so for the waiter as they only get 3 or 4 dollars from the service charge.  I don't believe any thing offered on the ship beats the cruise planner price except for Chef's table which is sometimes discounted 50% if purchased on day 1. Only the UDP is affected by days of sailing and how many sea day lunches are included happy cruising

Edited by taglovestocruise