Mariner On Board Spending

CruisingAndDiving

Hi Everyone.

I have a question about the spending aspect of the bonus credits you get on a cruise.  DW and I got the 7 days from our NA cruise in December (exactly what we are supposed to get), and then we also got 7 bonus days for our onboard spending.

I understand that we get 1 bonus day for every $300 spent...that means we would have had to spend $2100 onboard right?  For our cruise, we purchased 1 shore excursion for the both of us (about $160), 1 PG dinner ($80), 1 photo ($40), and maybe some small miscellaneous from the shops (no more than $200).  That doesn't remotely come close to the amount.  We had a SBP as part of the booking.  Would HAL count what we ordered towards that amount?  even tho we didn't "pay" for the drinks?

Should also note we had prepaid gratuities as part of the TA bonus

Thanks!

Edited by CruisingAndDiving
add a thought

7 minutes ago, CruisingAndDiving said:

Hi Everyone.

I have a question about the spending aspect of the bonus credits you get on a cruise.  DW and I got the 7 days from our NA cruise in December (exactly what we are supposed to get), and then we also got 7 bonus days for our onboard spending.

I understand that we get 1 bonus day for every $300 spent...that means we would have had to spend $2100 onboard right?  For our cruise, we purchased 1 shore excursion for the both of us (about $160), 1 PG dinner ($80), 1 photo ($40), and maybe some small miscellaneous from the shops (no more than $200).  That doesn't remotely come close to the amount.  We had a SBP as part of the booking.  Would HAL count what we ordered towards that amount?  even tho we didn't "pay" for the drinks?

Should also note we had prepaid gratuities as part of the TA bonus

Thanks!

both the beverage package and the prepaid gratuities count toward the spending bonus.

Also, the spending bonus is the combined spending of everyone in the cabin.

6 minutes ago, richwmn said:

both the beverage package and the prepaid gratuities count toward the spending bonus.

Also, the spending bonus is the combined spending of everyone in the cabin.

Thanks Rich!  I remember it was cabin based and not per person...  

Knowing the other counts towards the spending bonus even tho it was part of a promotion has the math making much more sense now!  Appreciate you taking the time to explain!

39 minutes ago, CruisingAndDiving said:

On a previous cruise we were getting close to becoming 3*.  I asked the Neptune Lounge concierge how much more we would need to spend to make that level.  I was told that the Mariner Society was "very generous" when they valued on-board spending.  I was wondering if we needed to spend another $300 and the concierge told me that we were close enough, not to worry, we would be 3*.  About a week after the cruise, we were 3*.

I know you didn't mention mariner levels but from that conversation, I don't think you can truly evaluate your bonus spending credit.  

• Like 1

I learned on CC that the SBP is figured at the max you could "spend" or 15x$11 pppd! So if two in a room, $315 per day, and you can only get one bonus day per actual day, so the rest of your spending is moot. 

This has been true (and the only way to make the numbers balance) for us even with Promo SBP! So it seems it would be true if you bought SBP for $51.69pppd pre-sailing. $300 value for $103.40. When I found/figured this out, I wished we'd bought and enjoyed the SBP on cruises where we only drank during Happy Hour!

• Like 1