Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jerseygirl1416

Docking at Royal dockyard - Tezzari rental?

My husband and I are going to Bermuda for the first time. We have 2 overnights. I’m interested in renting a Tezzari to explore the island on our own. Is there someplace close to the dock to do this? And is this a recommended thing to do? I just don’t want to deal with schedules and lines for busses and ferry’s for 3 days. Thank you for any information.....

57 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

My husband and I are going to Bermuda for the first time. We have 2 overnights. I’m interested in renting a Tezzari to explore the island on our own. Is there someplace close to the dock to do this? And is this a recommended thing to do? I just don’t want to deal with schedules and lines for busses and ferry’s for 3 days. Thank you for any information.....

Which dock?  If your ship is at the Dockyard they rent them at the Oleander Cycles location at the Dockyard. Here is the link  https://bermudarentalcar.com

Edited by Charles4515

4 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Which dock?  If your ship is at the Dockyard they rent them at the Oleander Cycles location at the Dockyard. Here is the link  https://bermudarentalcar.com

Yes we’ll be at the Dockyard. Have you done this? Is it as dangerous as the scooters? Where do you park it overnight? Sorry for all the questions but thank you for any information you can share.

14 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Yes we’ll be at the Dockyard. Have you done this? Is it as dangerous as the scooters? Where do you park it overnight? Sorry for all the questions but thank you for any information you can share.

I have not rented them. In my opinion and from what I have read they are not as dangerous as the scooters. Have not heard of anyone getting injured. I did see a video of a near miss where two of them turned into the wrong lane. As they drive on the left side, the opposite as the US the drivers must have forgot. As for parking overnight they have a charging station near the Clocktower Mall. I assume they would be parked there. I saw them there in June. Here is a photo I took of them there. I don’t know why it’s blurry. It’s as sharp as tack on my iPad.

39627982-7068-4D52-A872-8AAF0C6F8826.jpeg

Edited by Charles4515

36 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I have not rented them. In my opinion and from what I have read they are not as dangerous as the scooters. Have not heard of anyone getting injured. I did see a video of a near miss where two of them turned into the wrong lane. As they drive on the left side, the opposite as the US the drivers must have forgot. As for parking overnight they have a charging station near the Clocktower Mall. I assume they would be parked there. I saw them there in June. Here is a photo I took of them there. I don’t know why it’s blurry. It’s as sharp as tack on my iPad.

39627982-7068-4D52-A872-8AAF0C6F8826.jpeg

Ok great info and picture....thank you! One hopefully last question. Have you seen anyone bring a beach chair on board the ship to use at the beaches there? Like specifically the backpacks type chairs.

26 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Ok great info and picture....thank you! One hopefully last question. Have you seen anyone bring a beach chair on board the ship to use at the beaches there? Like specifically the backpacks type chairs.

I have not seen them being taken on or off the ship but I have seen them on the beaches there so I assume they were brought from a ship. It is allowed to bring your own chairs to the public beaches, including those beaches with chair rentals.

Edited by Charles4515