Epic TA April 2021 in H9 Haven - Appreciate Feedback

I'm trying to decide if I should keep my reservation for the Epic TA on 4/11/2021 from Miami to Barcelona. I'm in an H9 Spa Haven and have the premium beverage, internet, shore excursion credit & 5 night dining package. We also have flights from Detroit plus 2 day deviation at beginning and end and transfers from airport to the port. Our total price for 2 of us is 7200. I think this is a pretty good deal.  These are the points making me second guess the reservation:

1. The SPA cabins are in terrible location and there is alot of noise from the pool deck above. This is the only Haven category where I get 20% discount for being Caesars Diamond member.
  2. We lose an hour every day going from Miami to Barcelona.  When they release the TA from Barcelona back to Miami in Oct/Nov time frame I'll see if the price is comparable. 
  3. We were on the Escape in Aft Haven and loved the SPA and the Haven and the food and the entertainment.  I read a lot of negative feedback about the Epic.  But then I have also read feedback that the Epic has the best Haven & Thermal Suite in the fleet.  I know on the Escape the Spa Suite is much closer to the Haven area than on the Epic. 

Is this too good of a price to pass up on the Epic?  I appreciate any feedback you can provide to help me make a decision. Thanks

Edited by taylortime05

We've stayed in H9 on the Epic....

There was some noise from above but not enough to cause any issues. We did hear them moving chairs above us early morning, but I don't remember it being too disruptive and I'm a light sleeper too. I don't remember hearing any "people" noise from the deck above and we did sit out on the balcony quite a lot.

Also as the weather may be a bit cool, I'd imagine that you will get loads of use of the Spa. You can literally walk from these rooms to the Spa area in a robe and slippers. The spa is really good and we spent a couple of hours there on our days at sea.

We really like the Epic, love the entertainment provided and I'd imagine it would be a good ship to be on for lots of days at seas.

We didn't feel we had our moneys worth from Haven when we travelled as our itinerary was very port intensive. I'd imagine that you would with all the days at sea.

6 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

I'm trying to decide if I should keep my reservation for the Epic TA on 4/11/2021 from Miami to Barcelona. I'm in an H9 Spa Haven and have the premium beverage, internet, shore excursion credit & 5 night dining package. We also have flights from Detroit plus 2 day deviation at beginning and end and transfers from airport to the port. Our total price for 2 of us is 7200. I think this is a pretty good deal.  These are the points making me second guess the reservation:

1. The SPA cabins are in terrible location and there is alot of noise from the pool deck above. This is the only Haven category where I get 20% discount for being Caesars Diamond member.
  2. We lose an hour every day going from Miami to Barcelona.  When they release the TA from Barcelona back to Miami in Oct/Nov time frame I'll see if the price is comparable. 
  3. We were on the Escape in Aft Haven and loved the SPA and the Haven and the food and the entertainment.  I read a lot of negative feedback about the Epic.  But then I have also read feedback that the Epic has the best Haven & Thermal Suite in the fleet.  I know on the Escape the Spa Suite is much closer to the Haven area than on the Epic. 

Is this too good of a price to pass up on the Epic?  I appreciate any feedback you can provide to help me make a decision. Thanks

Access to the Thermal Suite is a must on a TA.

We cruise 4-6 times a year. We have been on the Epic 7 times.

In our opinion, the Epic has the best Thermal Suite and the best Haven in the fleet. That being said, there are some features of the Haven like the Posh Club sundeck don't have as much priority on an April TA. And being in spa room, you are at the back of the ship whereas the Haven is in the forward part of the ship (we love the Thermal Suite and will book a spa room on every cruise, but you are not in the Haven proper). We are in an aft spa Haven suite on an upcoming cruise and it does not make a difference to us. 

Edited by BirdTravels
3 hours ago, rachiem said:

We've stayed in H9 on the Epic....

There was some noise from above but not enough to cause any issues. We did hear them moving chairs above us early morning, but I don't remember it being too disruptive and I'm a light sleeper too. I don't remember hearing any "people" noise from the deck above and we did sit out on the balcony quite a lot.

Also as the weather may be a bit cool, I'd imagine that you will get loads of use of the Spa. You can literally walk from these rooms to the Spa area in a robe and slippers. The spa is really good and we spent a couple of hours there on our days at sea.

We really like the Epic, love the entertainment provided and I'd imagine it would be a good ship to be on for lots of days at seas.

We didn't feel we had our moneys worth from Haven when we travelled as our itinerary was very port intensive. I'd imagine that you would with all the days at sea.

Thank you for the feedback.  I haven't checked much into the expected weather.  I thought it would still be warm enough to sit outside.  That's another to consider because I love sitting outside by the pool.  

22 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Access to the Thermal Suite is a must on a TA.

We cruise 4-6 times a year. We have been on the Epic 7 times.

In our opinion, the Epic has the best Thermal Suite and the best Haven in the fleet. That being said, there are some features of the Haven like the Posh Club sundeck don't have as much priority on an April TA. And being in spa room, you are at the back of the ship whereas the Haven is in the forward part of the ship (we love the Thermal Suite and will book a spa room on every cruise, but you are not in the Haven proper). We are in an aft spa Haven suite on an upcoming cruise and it does not make a difference to us. 

Thank you for your feedback.  I knew that I could expect some choppy weather on a TA but I thought it would still be warm enough to sit outside by the pool.  Is the weather typically colder? 

I've never done a TA but I can't imagine that the weather would be that great in April??

The UK can still have snow in April and our weather tends to come from the direction of the Atlantic