3rd person 1/2 price

isladonna

A couple of years ago we got a special where a third person in your cabin paid 1/2 price.  Was great since we took our son along.  I have not seen this offer come up again, at all, unless I missed it, which is possible. 

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has noticed this offer recently or at all?  

Wish I could find out if that would ever be offered again.  Guess there is no way of knowing though.

Ok, thanks, just pondering out loud..lol

I don't think you'll see that again because they changed the way they list the per person pricing.  When I first started cruising, they'd list the 1st & 2nd person at full price, then a discounted amount for additional people in the cabin.  Now they just average it out, so everyone costs the same.  It's all the same amount, just a different way of looking at it.

1 hour ago, isladonna said:

A couple of years ago we got a special where a third person in your cabin paid 1/2 price.  Was great since we took our son along.  I have not seen this offer come up again, at all, unless I missed it, which is possible. 

Wish I could find out if that would ever be offered again.  Guess there is no way of knowing though.

The 3rd and 4th person are almost always way less.   My cruise in 6 weeks on the breeze is 1093 per person for the 1st 2 guests and 199 for the 3rd.

I just booked the Radiance next year and it is 1198 for the first 2 guests and 598 for the 3rd.

We were looking at some cruises last year, I think it was late summer/early fall, and found a 5-day offering third and fourth person for $50 each. My wife has been trying to get her mom to go on one with us and we were willing to book it if she'd go, but she wouldn't. If guests 1 & 2 are willing to pay full price without dividing it evenly, 3 & 4 could get a cruise for $50. It's possible they were just trying to fill some empty cabins, but that's one heck of a deal.

1 hour ago, isladonna said:

Hi

I would agree that Carnival doesn't necessarily announce the reduced pricing for the 3rd. & 4th. passenger in the cabin as a "sale", but is generally (not necessarily) the case. As with all cabin pricing, it is a result of supply and demand. 

Just look for it when doing mock bookings for a planned trip. Just because it isn't the case for one ship doesn't mean it will be the same for another, or in fact for any given cabin category. Be thorough in your pre booking research and you will a least feel confident that you are getting the best pricing. 

Also, other cruise lines do specifically advertise for these types of reduced rate, some even having children sailing free. Just because they say something is free, doesn't necessarily mean it is. Do your research, and don't restrict yourself to any given cruise line.

I remember they had a kids sale free sale a few years ago,.  We had already booked, and got a pretty good price adjustment with that sale.  But, we had 3 kids in the cabin (they were all little, so we fit easily back then).  

The rate for the first two during that sale was actually a lot higher.  So, I remember people posting that if they had 2 kids, it worked out about even.  If you only had 1 kid, it was a price increase.

My point is, Carnival ALWAYS has a “hot” sale going on.  But, more often than not, the new sale is not much different in price than the old - it’ll go up a bit or down.

• Like 1

I booked the Vista last May for the Easter Week sailing this year.  The fare for my daughter’s balcony cabin was $1039 each for her and my SIL and $89 for my grandson. I made final payment last October and have since requested three price adjustments for a total of $229 OBC for that cabin. I also got one or two small price adjustments before final payment.