Wash Your Feet Please!

countess5

We just returned from a great trip aboard the Celebrity Equinox!

You know how they always say wash your hands and they have people everywhere with the Purell squirting your hands and then the machines are there at every turn! 

Well I would suggest they start pushing wash your feet! I was amazed how many places people put their feet while sitting at outside bars and cafes. Feet were on the arms of chars, small tables where you place your items while having a drink and then this one below, feet on the table at the Oceanview Cafe! People eat on those tables. They place their utensils on those tables and other items.  As much as the staff wipes down the tables they don't get to everyone before you sit down to eat!

Do you put your feet on the table at home???? 

Maybe the cruise line needs to start having people wash their feet. 

IMG_4049.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

We never eat at those tables for that very reason.  We were in 1140 on Summit looking down on this area from our balcony and it was amazing how many times we saw this kind of thing.  So ignorant.  No class.

And those same people (lack of a better term) kick off their stupid ugly flip flops and put their dirty feet on the back of the seat in front of them in the theater. 🤬

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

And those same people (lack of a better term) kick off their stupid ugly flip flops and put their dirty feet on the back of the seat in front of them in the theater. 🤬

They also put their bare feet on the interior wall of the airplanes they fly on... 😳 👎🏻

• Like 3

4 hours ago, countess5 said:

We just returned from a great trip aboard the Celebrity Equinox!

You know how they always say wash your hands and they have people everywhere with the Purell squirting your hands and then the machines are there at every turn! 

Do you put your feet on the table at home???? 

Maybe the cruise line needs to start having people wash their feet. 

IMG_4049.jpg

Perhaps this photo should be forwarded to LLP. Corporate could get the message out to the fleet. They could put these on the tables next to the drink menus:

image.jpeg.b9c2a5c74f8eeae50f8a5237e3e7e133.jpeg

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, az_tchr said:

Nope, she did, however, use her hands instead of tongs to plate her salad.

Another of the many reasons why I don't do Buffets.  When I get a drink at an outdoor bar I bring it back to my pool lounger or cabin to enjoy on my balcony. 

• Like 1

I used to wear shorts/muscle shirt/backwards cap, but my legs would be described as ‘spindly’ now, my muscular pectoral ab’s moved to behind my bellybutton, and my cap keeps sliding off my bald head......other than that I look great in that stuff!!

Den

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, critterchick said:

As a matter of fact, sometimes I do. 😄 

I've never put my feet up on my table or anyone else's.  My kids do it all the time but they wear socks. I actually find it an uncomfortable way to sit.  I dont even use footstools on the balcony when supplied. 

Putting my feet on a table?? I’ve got up on tables when I was wearing a Speedo and woman were sticking $’s in my waistband!! Oh, those were the day’s my friend, we thought they’d never end.......well, I guess they did.

Den

• Haha 1

Happened to us on a cruise not long ago. We were still having lunch in Oceanview and a lady at the table next to us put her feet up on the table having a drink.

I politely asked her if she realized that this was a restaurant...

She cursed but left.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

Happened to us on a cruise not long ago. We were still having lunch in Oceanview and a lady at the table next to us put her feet up on the table having a drink.

I politely asked her if she realized that this was a restaurant...

She cursed but left.

I would have done the same. Most if confronted just leave.  

4 minutes ago, Pickels said:

Are you kidding!  It’s a tough issue to get people wash their hands and you’re going to try getting people wash their feet!  LMAO😂🤣😂

You're so right. Once when entering the MDR the sanitization was offered to a father and son I overheard the Dad say to the boy, 'oh that's not meant for us'.  Some parents won't even set an example.

omg now this is really disgusting. I ma especially mad on the crew members who dont give a ** about such behavior. This is so disrespectful not only to the crew members but to other passengers as well. I would fine those who do it. Such behavior should not be tolerated  

I was just reading on another travel bb site where a couple was complaining about the boorish behavior of some passengers on a recent Equinox cruise also. They were complaining about someone was snapping  voyeuristic photos of their feet. 😲

C'mon folks, we choose to vacation on a floating sardine can with 3 or 4 or 5 thousand other humans. Some of them will exhibit behaviors we don't like. Pssst sometimes our behavior won't be to someone else's liking either. 

So chill people, you're on vacation. Kick back, put your covered feet up and relax! 

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1

Lol...I agree the foot thing is disgusting.  I rarely go barefoot in my own home let alone publicly.  While I've never verbally confronted anyone whose bare feet were on furniture that didn't belong to them I have been known to stare. Sometimes they notice and alter their behavior.  

Not a foot issue but similar... once I saw a couple refilling their water bottles right next to the very visible sign that says please don't refill your water bottles.  I stared.  The husband noticed and asked if he could get me something.  I shook my head, smiled and pointed at the sign.  They shrugged and went on their way.

• Like 1