Panorama LIVE - Feb 29th - Mexican Riviera +Vegas +Hollywood

Saint Greg

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

I know read that as well.  On the Horizon and at least one other ship that embarked today, staff was serving on lido.  

I’ll walk back through when I go put my charger

on the charger but as of an hour or so ago, they were serving themselves here. Even in non-self

service places there was no portion control. People were getting 2,3,4 burgers. I got a double for the first time. But thought I deserved it after a 90 minute wait.

• Like 6

What a cluster. Hoping the test comes back negative and you're able to get off soon. I feel really bad for the people waiting to board, as well. At least you guy scan get back to your room (and if you jump in line now, you might even get to have a second Guy's burger in the next 4 hours 😉)

• Like 2

This was just posted on a cc forum in princess section.

Health Advisory and Travel Safety Procedures

To protect the health and safety of all onboard, we are closely monitoring the evolving situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19). We are quickly implementing enhanced screening measures and additional prevention and control procedures. Our protection and prevention tactics include:

1. Beginning in select embarkation terminals on March 7th and as soon as possible in all embarkation terminals, we will be temperature checking all guests embarking on our ships using temporal scanning thermometers. All guests presenting with a fever or flu-like symptoms will be denied boarding, irrespective of their recent travel history. All guests who are denied boarding due to sickness will be issued a full cruise credit or refund.
  2. Beginning in select embarkation terminals on March 7th and as soon as possible in all embarkation terminals, we will be implementing enhanced sanitation protocols including the thorough cleaning of all hand touching surfaces for all cruise terminals before and after all sailings.
  3. Onboard all Princess ships, effective immediately, we are executing enhanced environmental sanitation protocols with a disinfectant that kills coronaviruses within 30 seconds.

More of the advisory can be found at https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/coronavirus-update.html

Edited 38 minutes ago by idahospud

This is so sad for everybody. The disembarking passengers that are ready to leave the ship, the embarking passengers who have no idea when their vacation will begin, the staff who are missing their day in port, the room stewards who will have to clean every room AGAIN once the current passengers are finally allowed to leave.  And how are the buffet lines so long, when it’s all the same passengers who have been on the ship all week? It’s not like like any extras have come on board. Wonder if they’ll open the MDR if the current passengers are still on the ship at dinner time. 

I, for one, am thankful for @Saint Greg and his real time updates. Thanks, Greg.

• Like 11

For the Royal passengers waiting to board, too  I guess someone from the Mexican Grand cruise transfered to the Royal, a crew member.  So was reported.  Also reported the crew member is not sick.  So maybe they'll get cleared soon.

Edited by PekingeseLady

On 3/6/2020 at 6:14 PM, Saint Greg said:

Yeah I’ve never sat in them. They do have some tables on the ends. But it allows them to rearrange things so the floor becomes part of the stage as they did last night. As it is celestial strings can only be done on a Vista class ship.

B1F857FA-EE1B-4280-80E6-27E8821430B5.jpeg

FA1E0049-7DBF-49B0-9015-796E515DAF6B.jpeg

8 minutes ago, PekingeseLady said:

For the Royal passengers waiting to board, too  I guess someone from the Mexican Grand cruise transfered to the Royal, a crew member.  So was reported.

Yes it's the Royal ship with a shared crew member from the Grand. You can listen to the Princess Q&A here:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1YpKkQDAoeVJj

The topic is discussed around the17:20 time stamp

What a mess today has been. We have been up 12 hours and the in-laws are struggling. I know the situation is not Carnival’s fault, but I can’t help but think they should have had much better communication throughout. We have been sitting in a parking lot in Anaheim for hours waiting for them to cancel the cruise or tell us if/when we will board. So much misinformation and no solid answers from anyone. We have asked our travel agent for advice and she called Carnival and can’t get answers. My mother-in-law is handicapped and we can’t just keep roaming around. No way we can turn around and head home at this point. We can’t rent a hotel because they keep acting like we are actually still leaving tonight. I am not blaming anyone and know it could be worse, just venting at this point.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, oumagic said:

What a mess today has been. We have been up 12 hours and the in-laws are struggling. I know the situation is not Carnival’s fault, but I can’t help but think they should have had much better communication throughout. We have been sitting in a parking lot in Anaheim for hours waiting for them to cancel the cruise or tell us if/when we will board. So much misinformation and no solid answers from anyone. We have asked our travel agent for advice and she called Carnival and can’t get answers. My mother-in-law is handicapped and we can’t just keep roaming around. No way we can turn around and head home at this point. We can’t rent a hotel because they keep acting like we are actually still leaving tonight. I am not blaming anyone and know it could be worse, just venting at this point.

I would try and rent a cheap hotel room anyway, at least a place to put your feet up for now, and possibly nap... because at this point, the very soonest you *might* be boarding is no earlier than 9 or 10 tonight... and odds are Carnival would then delay it until tomorrow morning rather than tonight. 

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

So it has been implemented on some ships from what you have heard/read. 

I would think all ships starting with this embark.  Have not seen anything official yet. 

4 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

I agree with getting the hotel room; as the first day is a Sea Day anyway; carnival would probably have no problem delaying embarkation until tommorow, as all they’d lose is that sea day..

I’m subletting the Loew’s Hollywood if anyone is interested.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1