Panorama LIVE - Feb 29th - Mexican Riviera +Vegas +Hollywood

Saint Greg

4 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

No actually MANY words there. 

Look at the cancellations of many, many events.  SXSW cancelled, Geneva Auto Show Cancelled, Ultra music festival cancelled.  Thousands of companies implementing bans on international and domestic business travel.  Just because you aren't aware doesn't mean it isn't happening.  It's making major headlines and causing airline slow downs, drops in convention bookings for Chicago, Las Vegas, Orlando, etc.   Dozens more here 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/03/05/coronavirus-update-list-canceled-events/4950641002/

They're cancelling.."in an abundance of caution"..but are they *testing* anyone from any other major gathering of people besides a nursing home?  That's the problem I'm having.  This is NOT just on the cruise ships..I'd bet my next paycheck.

Edited to add:  I am very aware and following this more than is probably healthy.  No need for snark.  I'm also aware of the shortages of PPE at my hospital as an OR nurse.  Believe me, I'm plenty aware.  

Edited by DenaInWyo
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, DenaInWyo said:

They're cancelling.."in an abundance of caution"..but are they *testing* anyone from any other major gathering of people besides a nursing home?  That's the problem I'm having.  This is NOT just on the cruise ships..I'd bet my next paycheck.

Well since we can't seem to find 10,000 test kits let alone 10M or 100M, all signs point to no on my magic 8 ball 

OP have enjoyed your photos all along and the play by play

• Like 2

Just now, BeachDiva101 said:

At this point, they might as well keep you overnight now because everyone by now is probably sloshed since they kept the bars open.

doesn’t matter if I’m sloshed I’m taking an uber.

but the people driving home were holding back.

if i were in New Orleans or Galveston I would just be prepared to book a hotel.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

Passengers waiting to embark on Panorama are getting quite upset. Twitter is fired up

I'm not sure how anybody can possibly think anything is going to change tonight.  Cannot believe Carnival has not atleast said check in tomorrow 6am whatever and we'll see where were sitting.  Is everyone still just in LIMBO?

• Like 2

I can say confidentially that sitting at the Alchemy with an extended Cheers package is way better than Hollywood, you are winning! I feel for all the others that are so negatively impacted by the situation but thank you so much for continuing your live report. Who knows, you might become famous, cheers! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1