Panorama LIVE - Feb 29th - Mexican Riviera +Vegas +Hollywood

Saint Greg

Carnival seems to be doing the right thing to those on board, can't say the same for those that are waiting to get on. 

Greg- I appreciate that you are making the best of a bad situation. 

• Like 5

I just want to say that I'm following along on the edge of my seat like this is a dramatic movie! I can't imagine what the people involved are going through but I hope Carnival does their best to make things right.. even though I know that none of this is their fault.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, LaRue1975 said:

I can say confidentially that sitting at the Alchemy with an extended Cheers package is way better than Hollywood, you are winning! I feel for all the others that are so negatively impacted by the situation but thank you so much for continuing your live report. Who knows, you might become famous, cheers! 

I don’t have to fly to California and pay for an expensive hotel next to the Dolby theater to have alchemy drinks. I can do that in New Orleans or Galveston. I get what some people are saying. But this is the one and maybe only time in my life I’m here. If this happened on my glory Cruise in August I’d feel differently. I’m making the best of it but this is not where I want to be.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

Ruby Princess in Australia allowed passengers to disembark but shortly after announced "Medical Issues" and embarkation is delayed 5+ hours. Truly sad situation worldwide.

Def... 

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I don’t have to fly to California and pay for an expensive hotel next to the Dolby theater to have alchemy drinks. I can do that in New Orleans or Galveston.

Looks like you're spending the night.☹

I'm side-eyeing the thread hijack, but I know people are stressed. I was going to check in one more time before bed, but now I'm waiting for this "detailed email" that is/was supposed to be released! Sounds like you're getting a free night on the ship, @Saint Greg, and keeping my fingers crossed for you that it's not a free 2 weeks. I understand the caution, but some of this hysteria has gotten out of control. It feels like a cruise ship witch hunt. There many community acquired cases now. Where is the testing of all domestic airline passengers? (I don't mean that we should do that... I mean that at some point, we have to understand that this isn't a one-person, one-source thing). 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, VitaLuna said:

I'm side-eyeing the thread hijack, but I know people are stressed. I was going to check in one more time before bed, but now I'm waiting for this "detailed email" that is/was supposed to be released! Sounds like you're getting a free night on the ship, @Saint Greg, and keeping my fingers crossed for you that it's not a free 2 weeks. I understand the caution, but some of this hysteria has gotten out of control. It feels like a cruise ship witch hunt. There many community acquired cases now. Where is the testing of all domestic airline passengers? (I don't mean that we should do that... I mean that at some point, we have to understand that this isn't a one-person, one-source thing). 

THIS.  Why is it only the cruise lines that are being mandated into testing?  THAT was my point a few posts ago.  This is nuts.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I don’t have to fly to California and pay for an expensive hotel next to the Dolby theater to have alchemy drinks. I can do that in New Orleans or Galveston. I get what some people are saying. But this is the one and maybe only time in my life I’m here. If this happened on my glory Cruise in August I’d feel differently. I’m making the best of it but this is not where I want to be.

Absolutely, forgot you have the Lowes  booked and of course you are missing something you were looking forward to. I would definitely feel the same if I was cruising out of New Orleans but good for you for making the best of a bad situation and sharing it with us. 

• Like 2