Panorama LIVE - Feb 29th - Mexican Riviera +Vegas +Hollywood

Saint Greg

I read the entire blog of the honeymoon cruisers on the Japan Princess cruise.  The internet was a real issue for the first few days of their quarantine due to everyone having access to it.  My guess is they've opened it up and now you're competing.  At least you are in a home port and can use data if you choose..but also Princess really went the extra mile to get wifi up to par for everyone during that quarantine.  Which is not going to happen to you.  Dammit.

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

sounding that way but still no definitive word.

Purely hypothetical question.  So if Carnival receives the test results at 3 a.m. in the morning (assuming many passengers are sleeping and remembering to move your clocks forward one hour), do you want them to make a ship wide announcement immediately, or wait to do so at least 5 a.m.?  Or does your answer depend on the news they're delivering?   😀

And, I totally sympathize with you on the stuff you're missing out on.  Easy for any of us to say that Hollywood is bleh that have already been there.  I haven't been to Costa Maya.  My sis hasn't been to Mahogany bay.  We're worried those are not going to work out.  Lots of people would say..meh, crappy port.  I am so sorry.  Never rule out that you might get back though.  Just make it a point that you need a do-over.  Keep hanging in there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DenaInWyo said:

I read the entire blog of the honeymoon cruisers on the Japan Princess cruise.  The internet was a real issue for the first few days of their quarantine due to everyone having access to it.  My guess is they've opened it up and now you're competing.  At least you are in a home port and can use data if you choose..but also Princess really went the extra mile to get wifi up to par for everyone during that quarantine.  Which is not going to happen to you.  Dammit.

well my AT&T isn’t working for uploads. I don’t know if it’s a west coast thing. In New Orleans I’d be killing it with AT&T. Here I switch to it and it says “no internet connection” 

4 minutes ago, BelowDeck4us said:

Purely hypothetical question.  So if Carnival receives the test results at 3 a.m. in the morning (assuming many passengers are sleeping and remembering to move your clocks forward one hour), do you want them to make a ship wide announcement immediately, or wait to do so at least 5 a.m.?  Or does your answer depend on the news they're delivering?   😀

At that point wait until 7am

Greg, since you are in port, are you able to call out on your cel phone? I would think press agents would be calling you, trying to book you for an upcoming movie. I say that not in jest, but in all seriousness. This sounds right out of a movie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

well my AT&T isn’t working for uploads. I don’t know if it’s a west coast thing. In New Orleans I’d be killing it with AT&T. Here I switch to it and it says “no internet connection” 

Well that just sucks.  I feel so gimped when I can't access internet while traveling.  Sorry you have this frustration to add to everything else.  You are going to have SO much catching up to do when you get out of there.  This thread has been like an atom bomb (I posted it to Matt Mitcham's FB for those wondering what the hell was going on, so hopefully that was a bit of a boost) and surely it will bring hits to your blog.  Just keep the faith and your sense of humor.  You have a zillion new fans watching everything you post and wishing you the best.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Greg, since you are in port, are you able to call out on your cel phone? I would think press agents would be calling you, trying to book you for an upcoming movie. I say that not in jest, but in all seriousness. This sounds right out of a movie.

Actually, that honeymooner's blog I talked about, they did a TON of interviews.  Definitely something to think about.  

5 minutes ago, DenaInWyo said:

Actually, that honeymooner's blog I talked about, they did a TON of interviews.  Definitely something to think about.  

Hey, maybe the Grinch can do daily updates with Greg??😆

• Haha 1

The unfortunate thing is the people who aren’t tipping today. At least yesterday you could make an argument you autotipped. But that’s not the case today. I’m sure these guys are losing money and That only makes it worse.

0E9ACEB9-4D4E-4A95-B8D7-402670410017.jpeg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, 1city@atime said:

I can't stay up any longer to watch this play out. I hope when I get up in the morning you are disembarking Saint Greg. Enjoy your extra night.

“extra” but my most expensive carnival night.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DenaInWyo said:

They're cancelling.."in an abundance of caution"..but are they *testing* anyone from any other major gathering of people besides a nursing home?  That's the problem I'm having.  This is NOT just on the cruise ships..I'd bet my next paycheck.

Edited to add:  I am very aware and following this more than is probably healthy.  No need for snark.  I'm also aware of the shortages of PPE at my hospital as an OR nurse.  Believe me, I'm plenty aware.  

I agree. If they treated airline flights, bus, train travel, sporting events, like cruise lines...then they'd stop it all and test everyone with a slight fever and hiccup. For some reason they are singling out cruise ships. Treat them all the same..just sayin

• Like 7