Panorama LIVE - Feb 29th - Mexican Riviera +Vegas +Hollywood

Saint Greg

3 minutes ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

Greg, I would suggest you submit your hotel room charge for last night to Carnival for reimbursement. Can't hurt to try and recover that cost, since you were unable to use it, and had pre-paid for it. 

I’m starting with Hotwire. See if they can help me out. I’ve always had luck in the past with them helping me out. I’m a really good customer.  But I don’t know if they would do anything after the fact. If that doesn’t work I may go the carnival route. 

5 minutes ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

Greg, I would suggest you submit your hotel room charge for last night to Carnival for reimbursement. Can't hurt to try and recover that cost, since you were unable to use it, and had pre-paid for it. 

Would have been nice if they had a way to transfer all the rooms held by people on board to those waiting to board without a place to go. 

5 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Did you ever hear whether people got off before they halted debark?

Crew were starting to get off. Specifically Matt Mitchem got off and was sent back on the ship. They never got to passengers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I got up about 6:45. First announcement from Emma was at 6:48 that debarkation would begin. I couldn’t post until I got out of my room because they cut the internet off and I couldn’t get ATT in there. I imagine that conversation went something like this.

How do we get the people out of their rooms as quickly as possible?

Turn off the internet.

For everyone or just for people who didn’t buy the package?

Everyone

Yeah... that's my method to get rid of house guests who stay too long...

I turn off the hot water.

Perhaps I need to turn off the internet too...   😂

Edited by VentureMan_2000
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

I’m curious, if you were docked in Long Beach why were you using the Internet instead of your unlimited data from your cell phone plan? I never put my phone into airplane mode until after we sail away. And I immediately take it out of airplane mode as soon as we get back to port. 

Anyway, hope you are able to enjoy the rest of your vacation. Sorry that one day was ruined by unnecessary panicking. I hope that the rest of the country will learn from this situation. 

Edited by Cruising_Addict

Just wanted to add my thanks to you Gregg for all the updates all day. I have a friend on the ship and it was nice getting updates so I could pass them along to friends and family 

Me too! My friends battery died before they opened the rooms back up so between her sporadic updates and Greg, I felt so informed! Huge thank you to *everyone * who pulled together here on this thread. I think it helped far more people than we are aware of!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m curious, if you were docked in Long Beach why were you using the Internet instead of your unlimited data from your cell phone plan? I never put my phone into airplane mode until after we sail away. And I immediately take it out of airplane mode as soon as we get back to port. 

Anyway, hope you are able to enjoy the rest of your vacation. Sorry that one day was ruined by unnecessary panicking. I hope that the rest of the country will learn from this situation. 

He couldn’t get an AT&T signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1