Victoria Biking

BLAMBKY

I would like to do the bike tour offered through Royal Caribbean but my husband has pins in his hip from a car accident. What are the bike seats like? How often do they stop? Do you feel like you get a good tour biking or just see the sights as you ride past? Any issues with biking around traffic or are you away from traffic on bike paths? Any and all information would be appreciated.

I'd strongly suggest reaching out to local Victoria bike companies, so you can find out exactly what kind of seats are used - even if someone answers you who booked (at a vastly overinflated price!) through RCI in a prior year, no guarantees it's the same local provider they will use this time around. And you'll have more choice of possible tour routes, as well as saving cash, by booking direct too. Personally I'd look to eBikes or Tandems so that DH can avoid too much pedaling if it's going to be painful for him.

Most useful link is to Yelps' Victoria bike rentals page here; one of them is literally right at the pier (Victoria Bike Rentals on Dallas Road) but the several companies based further downtown like Cycle BC, The Pedaler etc. would only be about a $10 cab ride away. Some offer guided tours, all should give you maps and/or suggested self-tour routes - and if pace/frequency of stopping is an issue, a self-guided tour seems a better idea than one where the group is all supposed to ride together and fellow pax might grumble if DH slows them enough they risk missing part of the tour to get back in time...