Cruise Critic Community
taylortime05

Let's Share Great Deals Found Today

Can you share any great deals you found today or yesterday?   What ship, itinerary, date, cabin type, cost and perks?  Was it a senior, military, or resident discount?  Was it with NCL or a TA?  We can't mention the specific TA but I think it's fine to say if the it was directly with NCL or thru TA. 

Thanks 

Unless you’re going to book a last minute cruise or even 90 days or less, deals are not a term synonymous with NCL right now. Pricing is awful ....... 

We booked a Balcony Cabin on the Bliss sailing April 12, someone from our Roll Call mentioned a price drop and upgraded and saved money, I called our TA to check our Cabin and prices for a possible upgrade savings, TA called NCL, TA said "not possible without massive penalty", called NCL myself, they said "It can be done" called TA again, they got it done. We didn't save money, but we got upgraded to a Mini Suite at no cost, or loss of perks.

There are 15 day transatlantics on offer for April 2020 ending in Barcelona and Rome. Sailaway interior starting at $398 per person, sailaway balcony starting at $629 per person. I am seeing one way flights from Rome to JFK or Boston from $350 per person, including baggage fee, if applicable.

I noticed the incredible deals on some transatlantic crossings but with possible port restrictions and the problems in Italy, we aren't even considering jumping on these great deals. 

Called my NCL cruise consultant and upgraded from my BB to a spa balcony for $31, as that category has been dropping. While visiting she told me what a hit NCL, and all cruise lines, are taking. She said some prices have dropped a good deal on near future cruises, especially in areas impacted or perceived to be impacted by Corona. She did say that to offset those deals, rates in other areas have gone up.

76 past cruises
Upcoming:
NCL Getaway 3/29/2020
NCL Breakaway 1/10/2021
CCL Dream 5/16/2021

Oops sorry-  had too many mules tonight as part of training for may. I found last week Bliss had really good March 15th Balcony deals, but as Uncle Lars said " You snooze you lose" and they sold out. I am looking again in hopes someone cancels.

The fact that this thread has been up for two days and there’s literally been no deals posted says a lot about NCL right now . Again, maybe last minute sailings when NCL is desperate .....

The prices for the base fares are ok but by the time you load the taxes the free at sea and the regular grats they are not such good value.

The TA prices are the ones to watch with 5 NCL ships coming over to Europe in April competing with everyone else there could be some further drops.

I looked at UK prices now base fare that include taxes,

our drinks and 5 diners free at see adds another £200, grats another £170. 

£597 Epic(15)

£686 Dawn(14)

£652 Getaway(15)

£688 Escape(15)

£730 Star (14)

US base fare seems to be $398 for all of them with taxes $150-$210 making US base fares cheaper than UK.

(UK we can add free at sea to sailaway fares so UK can work out cheaper if you want the drinks and diner)

MSC and Anthem have prices in the range same range.