Breakfast options and hours

lisa6191

I know this may vary, but in general what are the breakfast options and hours on the Encore? We will be doing a med cruise in October and I am trying to decide what time to schedule some private tours in the ports. Also, if we decide on room service for breakfast, do they tend to deliver pretty close to the time you request?

Thank you!

51 minutes ago, lisa6191 said:

I know this may vary, but in general what are the breakfast options and hours on the Encore? We will be doing a med cruise in October and I am trying to decide what time to schedule some private tours in the ports. Also, if we decide on room service for breakfast, do they tend to deliver pretty close to the time you request?

Thank you!

Don't recall the exact hours. Usually the MDR was open for about 1 hour for breakfast and that was usually not the earliest. On our last Med cruise in the summer, which was full, room service was generally rather tardy, never more than 30 minutes late but they didn't manage it on time any of the 2 or 3 times in those two weeks we asked for it. 

How big a breakfast do you need?

I have not been on Encore yet ( will be in a couple weeks) but the other SB ships had light fare available in the Observation lounge a little after 6 AM ( croissant, juice, coffee and tea, pastries) and you could take it to the room or eat there.

We also ordered room service breakfast a lot last year on Odyssey and tended to get it either on time, early, or within 15 minutes.
You can also special request earlier room service food delivery than what is on the door hanger — 4 am if you like!

I believe the buffet in Colonnade opened at 7 and MDR at 8.

Another option is to pre-order some foods the night before and keep them in the fridge to eat as early as you want with no delivery time worries  ( cheese, Smoked salmon, cold cuts, breads, Butter, milk, fruit, jam, boxed cereal)

1 hour ago, lisa6191 said:

Also, if we decide on room service for breakfast, do they tend to deliver pretty close to the time you request?

We tend to only order room service for breakfast on Seabourn as you can pretty much have whatever you'd like. If its not on the little hanger card just write it in and they'll do it. Eggs with a side of caviar? No problem. 

Usually always delivered on time-- occasionally a couple minutes early. Never have experienced it being late. 

Re room service breakfast.

We never had a better room service breakfast on a ship (and even land based, only the Mandarin Oriental was better).

We had RS breakfast three times on our last cruise (Quest) and they were always on time. I believe they even called us 15 minutes before to see if we were ready (and probably if we were dressed).

Once we ordered Eggs Benedict and the waiter brought along caviar!

He knew that my wife LOVES caviar and he said something along the lines of "I know that you like our caviar and so I took the liberty to bring you some. It goes beautifully with the Eggs Benedict".

Now, THAT is service!

• Like 1

We have ordered many many room service breakfasts aboard SB ships and only one time was our order late.  Usually it was a bit early or right at the time ordered.  We do order the night before and use the hanger instead of picking up the phone and ordering that morning.  

I also like to go up to the Observation Bar very early (as early as about 6am) if I only want a cup of tea (or coffee for some) and a pastry.  

If you just want a pastry and coffee, Seabourn Square is also an option.  I often just want a yogurt and half of a croissant plus a latte - Seabourn Square makes that quick and painless.

The Colonnade is usually open until around 10 for breakfast so no problem having options prior to tours.

11 hours ago, Thecat123 said:

Catlover54 are you leaving Sydney March 8th around Tassi etc back to Sydney on the Encore?

Yes.  We will be spending a few nights before in Sydney, as that will be our first trip there. Are you also on that cruise?  

Just so you will know, when the Main Dining Room is open for breakfast, it is usually from 8 until 9am.  (I know, only an hour.)  It is our favorite place to have breakfast, but the service can be REALLY slow--unless you find a trusted favorite waiter--who knows what you like and that you prefer faster service.  We found such a waiter on our last SB journey--and it did help.  The benefit of having breakfast in the Dining Room?  No buffet!  I am a bit buffet averse (not a germophobic, but don't like to tempt germs).  Also, we enjoy a leisurely breakfast with a white tablecloth etc---time to read the newspaper---.  That would be perfect if you had a private tour starting at say 10am.  Just a thought.

4 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

Yes.  We will be spending a few nights before in Sydney, as that will be our first trip there. Are you also on that cruise?  

Yes we will be joining you on this cruise.

We have spent about 45 days on the Encore in the past along with other sailings on different Seabourn ships and only had breakfast at the Colonnade also I cant remember if we have even had a lunch in the MD, its always been around the pool or the Colonnade so we have never tried  the room service

Here's another idea that works for us:  We call room service when we are up and around and order something and it usually appears in about 15 or 20 minutes.  Note that we eat light, yogurt, fruit, juice and coffee, but sometimes get something more, and we still get prompt service.  Not an absolute guarantee, but Seabourn handles this type of quick order much better than other lines.