Jump to content

CCL stock dips below 40


Farts
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Yes. Says me. When the stock plummeted several years ago. I bought a lot then. Back then I ask my CPA what to buy. His answer was. Just about anything. Yes it all went up big time after the market settled in, it took a little over a year when I sold it and did very well. I should've left it alone. Maybe tomorrow even lower. Makes no difference. It will all go up. Way up. It might take a year or two but there is nothing out there like any dumb CD or Savings account offering a BIG 1.8% on the average. I do not for see Carnival or any of the major cruise lines going under. That is me. Anyone remember what happened to the guy who needed a new lawn mower and did not invest into Walmart when Sam asked him to? Since then he purchased several new lawn mowers. True story. I would think those who did invest have others cutting their grass now. If you do not take a chance nothing will change. 


I agree.  I may have to hold on to the Carnival stock for awhile, but once a vaccine comes out I predict it goes way back up.  If not, I am hardly out any money at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TNcruising02 said:


I agree.  I may have to hold on to the Carnival stock for awhile, but once a vaccine comes out I predict it goes way back up.  If not, I am hardly out any money at all.

That is a good way to look at it. There was a thread a while back and the stock had dropped into the mid 30s. People were debating if the OBC was worth the risk of owning the stock at that price (which was low at that time.) I concluded the risk was just too great to tie up $3,500 in CCL stock. Now, you may only be tying up $815 or so.... maybe that changes the calculus... but you can also look at it like this: You are risking over $800 for a $100 credit you cannot even use right now and there is no guarantee you can ever use the OBC or get you $800 back.

 

I would not touch this with a 10 foot pole.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ibarrio said:

That's the risk, don't buy if you can't afford to lose about $700-$1000 (100 shares).


Exactly.  I would never make in investment if I couldn't afford to lose the money.  I am definitely fine with taking a risk.  I think once a vaccine comes out, I will more than make my money back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, salty dingo said:

That is a good way to look at it. There was a thread a while back and the stock had dropped into the mid 30s. People were debating if the OBC was worth the risk of owning the stock at that price (which was low at that time.) I concluded the risk was just too great to tie up $3,500 in CCL stock. Now, you may only be tying up $815 or so.... maybe that changes the calculus... but you can also look at it like this: You are risking over $800 for a $100 credit you cannot even use right now and there is no guarantee you can ever use the OBC or get you $800 back.

 

I would not touch this with a 10 foot pole.

maybe for you. I have one Princess Cruise coming up in a few months and that give me $100.00 OBC I have 4 Carnival Cruises coming up. One for this Halloween 3 for next year. I WILL be gettin my OBC. I also received on march 13 the $50.00 dividend. I have no complaints at all. I can afford to lose it, others maybe not. But I enjoy making money with money also.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

First my wife said NO more. Now she just walked in and said see what happens tomorrow. Greed! The casinos love it. At these prices how can you not keep buying? 

I agree!   As long as you’re using money that you CAN afford to lose.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fool is the person who says it can't go lower, understand both the market dynamics and the fundamental business, cash flow.

 

Who was it that said

 

Every few decades there is  storm of a lifetime and the clouds rain gold, rush out with bathtubs not teaspoons, just remember where to stand to catch that gold, LOL

 

The pandemic is just starting in the US, who will provide pricing support at 5 bucks for cruise lines?

 

 

CCL_2020_03_18_2020.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

I wonder if Royal is doing much better, well they are at like $20 something, but were at well over $100+ a few weeks ago.

 

I've been watching RCL and NCL...as well as a few stocks in other industries. RCL has been dipped below $20 a couple of times today. They were up around $130 before this thing began.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

 

I've been watching RCL and NCL...as well as a few stocks in other industries. RCL has been dipped below $20 a couple of times today. They were up around $130 before this thing began.

There could be a great deal of money to be made here, but I dislike Royal's management, what they have done with their product, and won't invest a dime with them.  Carnival on the other hand, is something I am interested in investing in.  After doing a 10 day Acapulco/Mexico City trip this year: First Class from Miami, JR Suite at Acapulco Princess "All Inclusive," I am not going back to Royal anytime soon.  Unlimited specialty dining, premium drinks, room service, etc., all for $4,000 including First Class air!  There is no way I could get the same at Royal, for that price, even living in Miami Beach!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...