Jump to content

CCL stock dips below 40


Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:


I was thinking it was approved thru July 2020, not July 2021 like you correctly pointed out.  Hopefully by then things will be much better in the cruising industry, 

 

 

I thought the shareholders meeting was in July. They will then vote on 1/1/2021 - 12/312021, not July to July. I could be wrong, but it takes time to implement changes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, coevan said:

 

 

I thought the shareholders meeting was in July. They will then vote on 1/1/2021 - 12/312021, not July to July. I could be wrong, but it takes time to implement changes. 

 

Here is the current document:

 

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

 

It states that it applies to cruise up to July 31st, 2021.

 

Last year's document applied to cruises up to July 31st, 2020.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised no one posted this other tidbit from Yesterday (April 7th), but i guess it was overshadowed by the Saudi Arabia announcement.  If nothing else, it means some big spenders still believe in Carnival.

"With the first insider buy at the company since mid-February, Carnival (NYSE:CCL) board member Randall Weisenburger yesterday picked up $10M worth of stock, buying 1.25M shares at $8 each.

He now owns north of 1.375M shares.

His purchase follows Saudi Arabia's disclosure of an 8.2% stake in the company.

Along with the move in the markets in general, and the cruise line sector in particular, Carnival is ahead another 20% today."

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RjayB said:

Surprised no one posted this other tidbit from Yesterday (April 7th), but i guess it was overshadowed by the Saudi Arabia announcement.  If nothing else, it means some big spenders still believe in Carnival.

"With the first insider buy at the company since mid-February, Carnival (NYSE:CCL) board member Randall Weisenburger yesterday picked up $10M worth of stock, buying 1.25M shares at $8 each.

He now owns north of 1.375M shares.

His purchase follows Saudi Arabia's disclosure of an 8.2% stake in the company.

Along with the move in the markets in general, and the cruise line sector in particular, Carnival is ahead another 20% today."

Yup, that is encouraging.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Shareholder OBC cannot be used for gratuities or casino credit. This makes sense to me. I will use my 100 per cruise towards drinks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hamburg Avon Lady said:

Not necessarily -- we always draw on our onboard acct (OBC) in cash to spend on wherever we want, including the casino.

I am just going by what the official document says. Maybe they look the other way sometimes!

obc.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hamburg Avon Lady said:

Not necessarily -- we always draw on our onboard acct (OBC) in cash to spend on wherever we want, including the casino.

 

That is a good idea

Link to post
Share on other sites

are there different OBCs? I have heard of people going to casino, play some slots and cash out the OBC. I would think with the extra large OBC being offered, like $600. I don't think Carnival would allow you to just cash out $600. Definitely would not be in their best interest if the money was not spent "on board"

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, coevan said:

are there different OBCs? I have heard of people going to casino, play some slots and cash out the OBC. I would think with the extra large OBC being offered, like $600. I don't think Carnival would allow you to just cash out $600. Definitely would not be in their best interest if the money was not spent "on board"

I 100 percent agree. Carnival will be broke if people are allowed to cash out the 600 dollar credit. Using the credit for drinks/merchandise probably costs Carnival about 10 percent of the cost.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello n6uggg, We cruisers have found loop holes in how to use our OBC credit. It is our secret but now it looks very public since you brought it up. We are told to not use obc for the Casino but sometimes there is nothing I want to buy on the ships so I use my obc at the Casino and cash out any money left over. Lets keep quiet about how we all use our OBC/onboardcredit.

Lets change the subject.

I hope some of you who have not bought CCL stock are going to buy some. Now is the time to buy if you want a great deal. I have been told for many years by many CCL stockholders to buy stock. I bought stock on April 7th and every morning I look forward to seeing it going up. Brings me joy since I love cruising on the Royal Princess ship. I am just waiting for the GOV. to give us Americans permission to cruise again.  I have already booked two cruises for December. I plan to book two more this year of 2020 if possible. HAPPY DAYS OF CRUISING WILL BE HERE SOON. YEA! LUCYR.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, LucyR. said:

Hello n6uggg, We cruisers have found loop holes in how to use our OBC credit. It is our secret but now it looks very public since you brought it up. We are told to not use obc for the Casino but sometimes there is nothing I want to buy on the ships so I use my obc at the Casino and cash out any money left over. Lets keep quiet about how we all use our OBC/onboardcredit.

Lets change the subject.

I hope some of you who have not bought CCL stock are going to buy some. Now is the time to buy if you want a great deal. I have been told for many years by many CCL stockholders to buy stock. I bought stock on April 7th and every morning I look forward to seeing it going up. Brings me joy since I love cruising on the Royal Princess ship. I am just waiting for the GOV. to give us Americans permission to cruise again.  I have already booked two cruises for December. I plan to book two more this year of 2020 if possible. HAPPY DAYS OF CRUISING WILL BE HERE SOON. YEA! LUCYR.

 

Heck yeah I bought some. I got 100 shares @ 21.00 and also picked up 200 shares @ 8.30. I was supposed to be leaving 4/12 for my cruise but it cancelled. Haven't re booked but I still have a cruise in Nov going to Hawaii, fingers crossed it doesn't cancel. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LucyR. said:

Hello n6uggg, We cruisers have found loop holes in how to use our OBC credit. It is our secret but now it looks very public since you brought it up. We are told to not use obc for the Casino but sometimes there is nothing I want to buy on the ships so I use my obc at the Casino and cash out any money left over. Lets keep quiet about how we all use our OBC/onboardcredit.

Lets change the subject.

I hope some of you who have not bought CCL stock are going to buy some. Now is the time to buy if you want a great deal. I have been told for many years by many CCL stockholders to buy stock. I bought stock on April 7th and every morning I look forward to seeing it going up. Brings me joy since I love cruising on the Royal Princess ship. I am just waiting for the GOV. to give us Americans permission to cruise again.  I have already booked two cruises for December. I plan to book two more this year of 2020 if possible. HAPPY DAYS OF CRUISING WILL BE HERE SOON. YEA! LUCYR.

 

People cashing out in the casino is anything but a secret. It has been mention here on Cruise Critic more times than I can count. Search for " Casino trick " and see how many threads come up here!

Link to post
Share on other sites

CNBC just stated that a board member of Carnival Cruises bought 10,000,000 shares of Carnival stock today, maybe it’s time for me to add a few hundred extra 😏

 

Charlie

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

What happened to the topic? CCL Stocks.

I will steer it back onto topic. I bought 1000 shares at 8.16 a share. Carnival now has enough funding to go with no revenue until at least Q1 of next year. I think they will be okay. Big Saudi purchase and a CCL exec just bought millions of dollars worth.

Edited by n6uqqq
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wake up every morning to check up on my CCL Stock. I have plenty of time since

I am retired and having fun looking at the Stock Market. 

Every day it is moving up little by little. 

I would like to see more people buy stock. The time is now before it starts to go

up really high again. I am doing positive thinking. Please NO NAYSAYERS!

I only want to see good news or great news on CCL stock. LUCYR.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LucyR. said:

I wake up every morning to check up on my CCL Stock. I have plenty of time since

I am retired and having fun looking at the Stock Market. 

Every day it is moving up little by little. 

I would like to see more people buy stock. The time is now before it starts to go

up really high again. I am doing positive thinking. Please NO NAYSAYERS!

I only want to see good news or great news on CCL stock. LUCYR.

 

The good news is you are gaining pleasure from knowing you are holding stock, having fun, and sharing your enjoyable experience with others who, in turn, are happy for you.

Spread the joy.....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, LucyR. said:

Hello n6uggg, We cruisers have found loop holes in how to use our OBC credit. It is our secret but now it looks very public since you brought it up. We are told to not use obc for the Casino but sometimes there is nothing I want to buy on the ships so I use my obc at the Casino and cash out any money left over. Lets keep quiet about how we all use our OBC/onboardcredit.

Lets change the subject.

I hope some of you who have not bought CCL stock are going to buy some. Now is the time to buy if you want a great deal. I have been told for many years by many CCL stockholders to buy stock. I bought stock on April 7th and every morning I look forward to seeing it going up. Brings me joy since I love cruising on the Royal Princess ship. I am just waiting for the GOV. to give us Americans permission to cruise again.  I have already booked two cruises for December. I plan to book two more this year of 2020 if possible. HAPPY DAYS OF CRUISING WILL BE HERE SOON. YEA! LUCYR.

 

Lucy, I have all three major cruise line stocks.  All are doing very well. Look at NCLH. I bought at 7.9 two weeks ago and its 13.55 today.  Up 71.52% Just saying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daytonasailor said:

Lucy, I have all three major cruise line stocks.  All are doing very well. Look at NCLH. I bought at 7.9 two weeks ago and its 13.55 today.  Up 71.52% Just saying.


Other than my first 100 shares of Carnival that I bought at $27, I was able to buy some stock in American, United, Delta, Southwest, Carnival, and Royal at their lows in the past few weeks.  I purchased Royal when it was in the low 20s and it hit over 44 yesterday.  I wish I had purchased more shares than I did.  I am watching all of them to see if they dip enough to make it worth purchasing more.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Daytona Sailor, Yes, great buys on NCL & RCCL. NCL has a big time investor that saved it from sinking.  Must be a fan or just wanting to make mo money. lol.

RCCL has always been very popular with their fans. 

I like Carnival stock because it has several cruise lines. My favorite ship is Royal Princess.

 

Hi TNcruising, I am really impressed that you chose to also buy Airline stock at the right time.

My favorite airline is Southwest. What about buying stock at hotels like the Hilton? Too late?

 

Hi PORT ROYAL, Thank you so much for the wonderful positive words filled with joy. Yes, it is all about Cruising on our favorite ships. Buying CCL stock is fun to have because it does give me joy to my heart that I am now a stockholder.  On my next cruise I will be bragging how I own shares.

I am just a gold fish in a tiny bowl of water. I know how to swim with the sharks. lol.

It does bring me joy when I see that more people are buying stock. It is a fun positive Gamble that is better than playing the slot machines or what ever. 

Thank you all in staying positive and keeping our ships floating and Airplanes flying. 

We need both to have fun cruising and traveling all over the world.  LUCYR.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, LucyR. said:

 

Hi TNcruising, I am really impressed that you chose to also buy Airline stock at the right time.

My favorite airline is Southwest. What about buying stock at hotels like the Hilton? Too late?

 


I looked at Hilton several weeks ago too and still do off and on.  My only hesitation was the cost per share, but there was money to be made because it sure did take a dip.  If it ever dips that low again, I will probably buy some. I purchased the most shares in Carnival.  That's my favorite line and the prices were good.

Edited by TNcruising02
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2020 at 7:01 PM, n6uqqq said:

Shareholder OBC cannot be used for gratuities or casino credit. This makes sense to me. I will use my 100 per cruise towards drinks!

 

Have one for me!   Carol

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2020 at 6:05 PM, cjmayes51 said:

CNBC just stated that a board member of Carnival Cruises bought 10,000,000 shares of Carnival stock today, maybe it’s time for me to add a few hundred extra 😏

 

Charlie

Link?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...